Expedition - Foxy: Bounty On The Goblin HQ - 02 June 2021

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Foxy: Bounty On The Goblin HQ - 02 June 202

#681 Post by Marullus »

This area, being around the palisade of the goblin fortification, is deliberately cleared of cover or hiding places.

You have two turns before the dragon closes to bow length, though, which is enough time to get up or down slope to cover if desired (and out of this area), or to take prepatory action.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#682 Post by Stirling »

two turns or two rounds to cover the mile? two rounds I think...

Foxy O'Hare.

"I think it has seen us already. Hopefully eaten it's fill and not hungry for seconds. My head says we should flee but my heart thinks the great wyrm has much to say. Make for the retainers cave if you desire. I will go greet him."

Walks towards the red dragon with poise, straightening her hair and donning her suede tri-corn hat, giving a quick shiny polish to the chainmail cuirass and a spit gloss on her boots. She strides out accompanied or not and salutes the dragon with her scimitar as it lands, sheathing the sword afterwards.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#683 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint will quietly and quickly go for cover, hoping to watch the conversation from a quiet place.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#684 Post by Starbeard »

"Well I did always want to meet a worm," says The Grizzly Woman. "If it comes to a wrestle then I am sure this Knife is good against something. Maybe it is dragons."

She swats the bear to go hide with the others, and then moseys up with Foxy, Good Knife in hand and Grizzly's Trunk over her shoulder.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#685 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay stays as well. He sends Morr with Shortbread, who just swore an oath to reclaim these tunnels, and Halfpint. He prays to Beith that this isn't a horrible idea.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#686 Post by Starbeard »

"Maybe we should stand a ways apart from each other in case it tries to toast us."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#687 Post by Marullus »

Foxy (0), Grizzly (0), and Clay (-1) stand to meet the dragon.

Dragon reaction roll [2d6] = 3
3-1=2
....friendly result. :shock:
A red-haired female swashbuckler, a cave woman holding a tree trunk casually over her shoulder, and a giant badger resting on his haunches sit in the middle of the clearing not far from the massive pyre of smouldering dwarves, their hair burning off in little flashes and their skin beginning to crisp. The dragon bears bown on them, it's massive wings soaring casually on the updrafts of the mountain as it observes you. Foxy salutes with her balefire green sword and sheathes it. The badger twitches his nose cutely and grips a holy symbol in his paw, muttering a prayer.

The dragon drops to the ground, the earth rumbling beneath it. It's long, sinewy body winds a half-circle around the party as it stretches it's neck out to sniff the pyre, then snatches the topmost dwarf's body (who happens to be Thundred) and crunches it loudly before swallowing in a single large gulp.

"Imagine my dissssssappointment," the wyrm muses, "being woken by a dwarven challenge pounding onssssse more in the deep, then finding them all dead before I arrive." It turns, now looking over each party members, a smile on it's reptilian face curling back the lips from pointed teeth the size of your forearm, chills going involuntarily down your spines. "...but none of you are dwarvesssss. Two women,
and a... What are you, furry one? Your sssssmell is intriguing. Why do you all offer yourselves so boldly for my breakfast?"

Date: 10:23am, 06 June 2021
Light: Sunlight
Spell effects: None
Injuries: Huckleberry (mortal injury), Halfpint (grevious injury), Grizzly Woman (grevious injury), Baxtaw (grevious injury), Foxy (moderate injury), Mors (mild injury)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#688 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

"Imagine my disappointment when my men assailed the high walls and assaulted the keep, my comrades intoning death on skin drums and with holy prayers to Beith, our blades and mauls baptised in blood. Only to find the Bones of Zhint clutched in the hands of a renegade goblin king."

Foxy stands there, trying to look imposing and authoritive in the shadow of the great beast all the while thinking, 'my mouth, my mouth, just shut up, someone cast a silence spell on me!!'

"If you need to breakfast for your flesh, eat the ogre roasting on his pyre. If you want a banquet for your soul, partner my challenge to the Mages of Monoc who lair westwards."

for added effect she moves her golden shield in such a way as to catch the morning sun and radiate the reflection to twinkle in the dragons beady eye.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#689 Post by Valdus »

C'ang stands a bit farther from Foxy, ready to defend her; wondering why the wyrm has not recognized him for a dwarf. He lifts an arm, smells under his armpit, sends a shiver, shrugs then looks toward the conversation.

OOC: I have no idea why I was not told of these posts, sorry if it was late. By told I mean emailed by the system.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#690 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw moves wide of the group behind the tallest mound he can find bow at the ready. Covering Foxy as she speaks with the dragon.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#691 Post by Starbeard »

The Grizzly Woman shrugs. "It is not our fault if you are slower than goblins. Most of these are skin and bone skeletons and I do not think you would have liked to eat those anyway. But now you are waked up what is on your mind? Dragons need exercise and treasure. I reckon that much."

She watches the scene unfold, wondering if Foxy could actually convince the dragon into a deal.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#692 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Ms. O'Hare' flare never wanes and the Grizzly Woman is as direct as ever. Clay decides to try and use it, and his unique appearance, to their advantage. He shuffles forward a bit. Greetings. May present to you, Ms. O'Hare, Flame of the North, Rescuer of Children, Slayer of Kings. And the Grizzly Woman, she who walks with bears, cracked the spine of a hell hound with her Grizzly Stick. And I am Clay Weather wax, Druid of Beith, recently reincarnated as, well... A Badger. He shuffles his feet, unsure if it is going well, then pressing onward for lack of better options. Small feats compared to yourself, I am sure, but that is what we have.

As Ms. O'Hare indicated, we just cleaned this... your home of a bunch of goblins and their undead. We're the ones that beat the drums - to intimidate the goblins. Sorry we woke you, but as long as you're up, we're happy to meet you. Like the Grizzly Woman said, help yourself to the ogre.

If it seems like conversation is safe, he tells the dragon that he just ate Thundred, of the Blackhelm clan, and wonders of the dragon know what happened to Jarkul. Thundred was really keen on finding out because they were related somehow.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#693 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint strains to listen to the conversation, looking for any signs of friendly out come or disaster.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#694 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

Foxy notices that the glint of sunlight reflecting off the golden shield has caught the eye of the red dragon."How fine a medallion would this golden pendant glitter, resplendent around the thorax of such a noble beast as yourself. See here the hands prints of all the heroes who braved the storm of arrows and warg fangs to slay the necromantic goblin king. A trophy more fitting to display on a majestic creature of fiery legend than a dotting blaggard's Duchy walls, leering down upon his drunken impotence. I would not see our heroics left to despoil among cobwebs, rather blaze across the sky with a saga in tow. It is yours...if you fly me to the Duke's council."
Dragon recruiting [2d6+4] = 3+4 = 7

Foxy will approach the dragon closer, almost feeling the hot vapour breath, still displaying the shield before her.

"We shake the Earth and many rise from slumber or tomb. Who knows that you have risen to the Kingdom for such a time as this?"

Foxy has almost zero treasure, nothing which a capricious dragon may desire save for the golden shield and a vain promise that if the dragon aids us then HE/She too may be written about in the legends we build.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#695 Post by Marullus »

The Wyrm sniffs distainfully at the roasting ogre. ""Goblins and ogres are poor fare... It has been so long since I have had fresh dwarf." His eyes glinting as he regards Clay, inhaling the scent of clerical badger. "Jarkul's kin were particularly delicious. Sour beer seasoned with self-righteousness." He casually dismembers another dwarf from the pyre, crunching their bones and crispy skin.

"Goblins in my hall is indeed distasteful... I ssssuppose you were useful in this. Interesting creatures to find at my door and I am intrigued. I ssssuppose I shall not eat you today, or your bear," he replies to Grizzly Woman and Clay.

C'ang and Baxtaw stand off to the side, covering the wyrm suspiciously with bows. C'ang sniffs his armpit then considers, grateful the wyrm didn't spot him as a fresh snack.

Foxy approaches the dragon closer, cajoling it with desire for the heavy golden shield. She feels the hot vapour of it's breath, still displaying the shield before her, and bargains for a ride to the city of Gaul to the northeast, promising to spread tales of the wyrm's greatness.

The dragon's sinewy body curls around the group a bit closer, it's flesh radiating heat that Foxy can barely stand, sweat beading on her flesh. The dragon makes an awful noise... You think it is laughter. "Yes.... I will do this.
I will deliver you to your town and you will tell them my demands. They shall quake in their terror at the horrors I will show them. Demands of Scatha the wyrm, whose name shall be written for centuries by your scholars for my decimation."

The Wyrm's body swings around, it's massive paw coming around to grab Foxy with it's wicked, razored claws.

(Any actions?)

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#696 Post by Valdus »

C'ang grips his axe the moment the wyrm moves, he reels and coils looking closely at Foxy for fear or attack. If Foxy retreats or looks in danger he will defend her.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#697 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Draws his bow but not point it at the dragon unless it Foxy is in danger.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#698 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay holds up a paw. Scatha, is it? If I may. The badger clears his throat, and Clay is surprised by the sound. He hopes it isn't interpreted as a growl.

You are large and fierce. No one doubts that you are capable of holding the fledgling town hostage. Or of leveling it. It is a small feat. But then it is gone and you are let with naught but ogres and goblins.

Farmers have livestock, so why not work to build something sustainable? When you are done giving Ms. O'Hare a ride, I would ask for your assistance with a...
be pauses, feeling sure he will offend Ms. O'Hare, No offense, but a less petty task. In exchange, I would arrange for livestock to be brought northward as payment. Clay rise to his full height as he proceeds, hoping this is not a week to die twice. Human nature is to destroy what it fears. Why invite so many men to die at your fiery breath? There are other ways, if you would seek them out.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#699 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint watches the claws get close to Foxy and know this must be the end for her. She stays quiet, thinking of how to stay safe.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#700 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

tries to wriggle free of the grasping claws, mindful of tears in her stockings and being squeezed like a tube of toothpaste about to burst.

"Ha! Scatha Crimsonclaw is it! You would dip your claws in the blood of weak men and write your name on nothing more than tombstones. Here today we closed a portal to the Abyss, through which the long dead dwarves slain under your mighty wings rose to thwart death. A door opened by the nefarious schemes of a goblin thrall, the weak limbed vassal of Monoc. It is against them your legions should war. Cease your ears from this fleabags' petition. Demand a legion of Gaulish troops if you will but come follow me in the vanguard. Let this be the hour when we draw claws together. Fell deeds awaken, now for wrath, now for ruin, now for the Red Dawn. Blaze forth Scatha."Dragon recruiting [2d6+4] = 3+4 = 7

If she can she will climb astride the dragons back and grip on his scaly neck, drawing the scimitar and willing it to flame red. (all those item xp being burned up at once)

Dexterity roll check normal [3d6] = 10 hard [4d6] = 14 vs 17 dex

as Kurt Cobain said, 'It is better to burn out than fade away'.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”