Expedition - Amistad: Down the Morlock Hole - 06 July 2021

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Amistad: Down the Morlock Hole - 06 July 20

#261 Post by Marullus »

The two rogues concede to enchanting river stones, but their real goal is soon discerned - leaving all the treasure in the hands of the dwarf as you descend to likely death and they'd like to carry their own shares.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Zhym »

It takes Olaf a few moments to figure out whether the rogues are impugning his honor and trustworthiness. He thinks, but does not say, that many people would worry more about handing gems to hired rogues.

"Ach, I get it," he eventually says. "Ye be worried I fall down a pit and all the gems go with me. I ken. Don't put all yer gems in one cart. I can give some of 'em to others to hold until we can split loot right, when we all make it back to town. But no casting spells on them. Please?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#263 Post by Alethan »

Earc of Toll's Tower

"Not a bad idea to divide them up a bit, just in case..."

OOC: Honestly not a bad idea. I don't have a levitate spell if Olaf falls into some chasm... Just a random 1-2-3 between Olaf, Blackjack, and Earc? Or just give half of them to Blackjack or something. Doesn't really matter too much to Earc.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Zhym »

Olaf nods and opens his gem pouch. "Be careful with these," he says as he hands some of the gems to Blackjack and Earc. He shows them the black opal and says, "I will hold on to this. If I die, I ask ye to take it to them dwarves as you can find as my share after death. It be rare, and I be not sure but it may be worth more than all the others together." He gives the peridot to Blackjack. "Take care of this one, too. It not be as rare as the opal, but it may be worth a lot too."

As he hands the ambers to Earc and Blackjack, he leans in close and warns, "These was once trees!"
Split, in case it matters:

Tree witch gems:
- Tiger Eye Agate - Blackjack
- Round, Polished Onyx - Olaf
- Flawed Amber - Earc
- Worn, Oval Amber - Earc
- Round, Faceted Peridot - Blackjack
- Flawless Black Opal - Olaf

Morlock gems:
- golden brown citrine (250 GP) - Earc
- tiny roundel of golden amber (25GP) - Blackjack
- small radiant banded agate (100 GP) - Olaf
- blue-green turquoise (50 GP) - Olaf
- large cracked pale green tourmaline (100 GP) - Earc

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Spearmint »

'Blackjack' Amistad

Pockets any gems adding it to the financing of his logging operation. (if you cast Continual Light on a pile of gems surely they would dim as you split them up , like coals in a fire?)

Anyway, Amistad rubs the head of his lion totem and volunteers to descend into the Unknown, testing each step to hold his weight. He will move quickly at the shaft bottom to allow others to follow.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by Zhym »

"Those gems not be yours," chides Olaf as he gives Amistad a stern look. "Ye be holding them until we split loot back on town. Ye ken? Or need I take them back and be giving them to a man who knows 'mine' from 'not yet mine?' "

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#267 Post by Alethan »

agreed. Not splitting stones with values unknown.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Marullus »

Earc enchants two small river stones, one for Akkara and one for Achaedany, which they tie with leather thongs to make them easier to carry. Combined with Earc's driftwood and Blackjack's bracelet, the group is well-lit for their spelunking adventure. Only Olaf doesn't carry a light source.

With Blackjack's gear concealed in the building foundation (please make a post on your private forum with a list of what is left behind so we have a permanent record) and the gemstones divvied up among the three men, the pair of female rogues seem mollified, if not fully appreciative of the paternalistic response to their concern.

Blackjack descends first (I am assuming, with a rope), gripping the handholds and working his way downward. The evenly-spaced lumpy protuberances make it easier than normal to scale the sheer surface of the well's walls and about 60' down he finds himself in a small chamber, about 20' diameter and roughly circular. The room is littered with leaves and debris, fallen in from above, but has little else distinctive. Akkara and Achaedany descend behind him, Earc and Olaf finally bringing up the rear, everyone making it down safely. The walls are punctuated with narrow, low tunnels -- most about 6' high and 4' wide -- which will require you to go single file. They branch out in every direction, eight of them around this small room. Peering down each hallway, you see that they wind and intersect a confusing web of branching passages.

How do you choose to navigate? Turn-by-turn won't work.

Date/Time: 12:40pm, 09 July 2021
Light: Continual Light spells
Distance Travelled: ~2 miles
Injuries: Blackjack (majorly injured), Achaedany (majorly injured), Akkara (minorly injured)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Marullus »

Earc enchants two small river stones, one for Akkara and one for Achaedany, which they tie with leather thongs to make them easier to carry. Combined with Earc's driftwood and Blackjack's bracelet, the group is well-lit for their spelunking adventure. Only Olaf doesn't carry a light source.

With Blackjack's gear concealed in the building foundation (please make a post on your private forum with a list of what is left behind so we have a permanent record) and the gemstones divvied up among the three men, the pair of female rogues seem mollified, if not fully appreciative of the paternalistic response to their concern.

Blackjack descends first (I am assuming, with a rope), gripping the handholds and working his way downward. The evenly-spaced lumpy protuberances make it easier than normal to scale the sheer surface of the well's walls and about 60' down he finds himself in a small chamber, about 20' diameter and roughly circular. The room is littered with leaves and debris, fallen in from above, but has little else distinctive. Akkara and Achaedany descend behind him, Earc and Olaf finally bringing up the rear, everyone making it down safely. The walls are punctuated with narrow, low tunnels -- most about 6' high and 4' wide -- which will require you to go single file. They branch out in every direction, eight of them around this small room. Peering down each hallway, you see that they wind and intersect a confusing web of branching passages.

How do you choose to navigate? Turn-by-turn won't work.

Date/Time: 12:40pm, 09 July 2021
Light: Continual Light spells
Distance Travelled: ~2 miles
Injuries: Blackjack (majorly injured), Achaedany (majorly injured), Akkara (minorly injured)

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”