Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Expedition: Fingers/Ghostly Trial - Part II - 23 July 20

#181 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 6

Bandy tries again...

Penderyn Longsword THAC016 [1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7 Dam [1d8+2] = 6+2 = 8

*sigh* Where are those good rolls when they are MOST important??? At least I got a good Init...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by onlyme »

Marullus wrote:
(Onlyme - it is +1 OR +2 v undead. Not +1 AND +2 v Undead.)
I only show +2 str bonus on macro roll, so regular hit would be +1 and undead would be +2 above it.
Do I need to create two separate macros with those included?

long sword+1(2undead) (Thac0 16) [1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9; damage [1d8+2] = 8+2 = 10
So, I think that would be 11 off THac0 16.

And then he really puts some effort.
long sword+1(2undead) (Thac0 16) [1d20+2] = 20+2 = 22; damage [1d8+2] = 5+2 = 7
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Marullus »

onlyme wrote:I only show +2 str bonus on macro roll, so regular hit would be +1 and undead would be +2 above it. Do I need to create two separate macros with those included?
Ahhh, got it. It gets confusing to me - if you can make separate macros to include everything it might help, or just annotate and I'll try not to get confused.

DavetheLost
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#184 Post by DavetheLost »

Hengist continues to stand ready in support.
Playing: At the Forest's Edge: Desmond Halfling Vagabond
The Northern Marches: Hengist Cleric of Baudh

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Marullus »

Markd swings around his sword in a vicious arc and beheads the wight. (critical hit). There is a moment of silence with nothing but the group's panting breath, Markd's lantern illuminating the still chamber after the wight's corpse hits the stone floor.

Date: 9:32am, 24 July 2021
Light: Markd's lantern (until 12:30pm)
Effects: None
Injuries: None

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by onlyme »

Markd feels somewhat relieved, knowing he played a small part in releasing that creature.
Once they have caught their breath, he speaks.

I realize the trial back there is the one from the book. That is the Cardinal presiding. Agheth was found guilty of incest. Let's check out this room, but I would like to see if I can learn more from the trial itself.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Marullus »

*bump*

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Zhym »

Fingers can't remember what was in the book, but now probably isn't the best moment for story time.

"Yeah, let's check out the room. I wanna see if there's anything else in here to read. Just don't open anything until we're ready for it, okay?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#189 Post by Alethan »

Bandy nods in agreement. And then quickly adds, "Don't open things that look like caskets, you mean. We can open chests and boxes, though, right?"

Before they head out, Bandy examines the body of the re-dead wight to see if it had anything of value on it...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Zhym »

"Yeah, but you might want me to check them first to make sure they aren't trapped," Fingers says. He pauses a second, realizing that if someone else opens a chest, Fingers won't get hit by the trap. "Or, yeah, you could totally open chests and stuff if you want." Then he remembers that some traps create poison gas clouds or explosions that could hit him even if he isn't the one opening the chest. "But, uh, do it away from people, okay?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#191 Post by Alethan »

Bandy shakes his head, "You leave the fighting for us, but the traps is your bag, mate."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Zhym »

"Hey!" protests Fingers. "I stabbed that wight up close and personal! From the back, yeah, but he coulda turned around!"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Marullus »

Last time you were checking this room in quarters, going clockwise around the big spiral stair. What's the plan this time?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Zhym »

Sure. Let's start with a clockwise inventory.

DavetheLost
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#195 Post by DavetheLost »

A blessing that the creature succumbed so easilly. Let us use caution while checking the room.

Hengist will begin investigating the contents moving clockwise around the room.
Playing: At the Forest's Edge: Desmond Halfling Vagabond
The Northern Marches: Hengist Cleric of Baudh

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by onlyme »

Markd will go the opposite way, then.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#197 Post by Alethan »

"Oi," Bandy whispers, "This is a big room... we shouldn't split up the party."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by onlyme »

Markd nods, and follows along then.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Marullus »

Recap:
Marullus wrote:You find a massive chamber which extends beyond even the furthest efforts of your light, easily four times the size of any room you've been in thus far. There is a wall on your left about 20' from your archway. A simple wooden door is on that wall, 20' from the corner adjacent to where you stand. You can also make out the dim outline of another doorway on your own wall, about 40' to your right. You cannot discern the walls to your right or across from you at all. The chamber itself is vaulted, arching overhead about 20' in the air, but for all that space and grandeur, it is strangely utilitarian. A circular stairway with 10' wide stone steps ascends to the center of the vaulted ceiling above, its bottom step barely discernible by your candlelight as it is about 70' from you, ahead and a little to the right. Otherwise, you see stone coffers and wooden boxes on the floor and then also engraving on the walls, which are cut and laid as stone blocks.
Sorry, pulling the rest of this together took me some time...

Markd's lantern in hand, you move towards the closest coffers - a half-dozen stone coffins with their lids already askew. They are plain boxes with only a small bit of writing - perhaps an epitaph - on the lids but without other adornment. You peer into the first and find the interior stained by the oozing fluids of a human-sized body, but the body and a few grave goods buried with it are already removed. The others also have their tops opened, the bodies of several giant 5' long centipedes drying to husks on the ground around them. As you've already looted them, you move on.

Bandy leads the group forward, hugging the left wall. These walls also are all mitered blocks of stone, many with engraved words. They pass the wooden door on that wall (previously noted, 30' from the corner where you started) and find no other doors on that wall. The wall is 110' long, providing your first measurement of what appears to be a square chamber. When you reach the far wall, you find two more doorways upon it with your lantern. A wooden door is on the far wall right near the corner. Spaced 10' over from that door is an open archway. Holding the lantern aloft, you can see a hallway beyond continuing deeper than your light, but are startled to see a row of skeletons on each of the side walls, all dangling by their wrists from iron manacles, lining the wall as far as you can see.

Within the chamber, you see the bottom of the circular stone stairway come into view from this angle, unimpeded, and confirm that it is located in the center of the large room. You find another dozen or so stone coffers arranged here in a similar state - little adornment beyond a small amount of writing, each lid already disturbed, lying open on the floor. Again, the drying husks of centipedes lie around the open coffins, the interiors already looted of the silver and gold burial goods on your last visit. You continue on.

The party moves ahead to the next the next quarter of the room, still hugging the left-hand walls, still metered blocks of stone, many with engraved words. There are no further doors on this wall (opposite your entrance) and you round the corner onto the next wall, which was the right-hand side from where you entered. You find two wooden doors there, 50' from the corner as you pass it, about the wall's center. The stairwell remains at the center of the room, and there is another set of six coffins carefully arranged here, this remote corner seeming less disturbed. The first one has the lid flipped off as it comes into view, it being the coffin from which the wight emerged.

Date: 10:00am, 24 July 2021
Light: Markd's lantern (until 12:30pm)
Effects: None
Injuries: None

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by onlyme »

Markd checks out the coffin, looking to see if anything is written that he can tell.

I had to reread the previous visit's thread, and I dont recall half of how that went down or being in a big room...

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”