OOC Chatter II

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC Chatter II

#121 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Bremen and Able didn't start with imbued items, but Clay and Winnie started with items that allowed improved foraging and summoning, respectively. I had assumed they would find magic weapons eventually.

Seeing Bremen's imbued sword (+1 vs undead) get set aside makes me rethink imbuing weapons, for sure. I've been imbuing backpacks, cloaks, amulets, etc, while hoping for fancy weapons. I figure a backpack of holding is just about 32,0001 XP.

I think you're on to something there, imbuing items other than weapons or main armour.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Marullus »

I think it is worthwhile for thieves to imbue their armor - enchanted stuffed leather has a really low likelihood.

The loot tables also have a crazy-low chance of non-swords. I have modified results based on locale (cleric dungeon has more cleric scrolls and bludgeons, wizard tower has more wizard scrolls and short swords).

I agree that imbuing other things is good practice, though. Keep in mind the main guidelines, though...
* The item needs to be featured/mentioned in your role-play during the session. (You want a magic hat, start role-playing the attachment nhe has to his hat)
* The effect needs to relate to the item's use or purpose (your earrings can't give you a +1 to all melee damage)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Marullus »

Zhym wrote:Also, does the lack of mounts in town mean there aren't ponies, mules, and donkeys, or is the limitation only on horses?
Marketplace updated.
Rheanna the Ferrier has come north with a new stock of mounts, arriving at mid-summer. She has a variety of animals available for interested buyers, willing to explore further from Gaul, or to ply the developing roadways between northland settlements.

300gp - War Horse
90gp - Flighty Riding Horse
110gp - Stoic Riding Horse [with Battle-familiarity]
50gp - Flighty Draft Horse
70gp - Stoic Draft Horse [with Battle-familiarity]
40gp - Flighty Mule
55gp - Stoic Mule [with Battle-familiarity]
40gp - Flighty Pony
55gp - Stoic Pony [with Battle-familiarity]

30gp - Riding Saddle
30gp - Pack Saddle
180gp - Horse barding (leather with metal plate: 60lbs, AC 5)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Zhym »

Alethan wrote:
Zhym wrote:Fingers thanks the acolyte and leaves, wondering where he could find a wizard who might be willing to join up in exchange for a shiny ball.
"...a shiny ball? Hmmm..." you hear a youthful voice in your head mutter to himself as he ventures below the halls of a dwarven tower. "Now THAT might be an useful thing to have."
Well, there's a point. Pendleton would certainly find it useful too, for that matter. Maybe it's best not to give it to an NPC just yet.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Zhym »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Alethan wrote:
Zhym wrote:Fingers thanks the acolyte and leaves, wondering where he could find a wizard who might be willing to join up in exchange for a shiny ball.
"...a shiny ball? Hmmm..." you hear a youthful voice in your head mutter to himself as he ventures below the halls of a dwarven tower. "Now THAT might be an useful thing to have."
Though Fingers isn't sure if it a youthful male or a very comely, charismatic witch's voice.

:P
Clearly, Fingers needs to settle down and open a magic shop. Magic items bought, magic items sold, cash on the barrelhead of the dark brown.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Marullus »

Zhym wrote: Clearly, Fingers needs to settle down and open a magic shop. Magic items bought, magic items sold, cash on the barrelhead of the dark brown.
THAT is a rather brilliant idea. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Marullus »

I feel caught up. Please bump anything I missed that you're waiting for input on. Thanks!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Marullus »

Spearmint wrote:"Greetings to you Aagrok. My young friend Earc sends his greetings. I see your camp expands. Did you scout the orc tribes we told you to be wary of? Come out with Krekk and enjoy some refresh mens with us. "
Is that a typo, or an amazing pun?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Stirling wrote:"Does the witch still live? The proof is in the pudding as they say."
I almost drooled and shot boogers on myself laughing at that! :cry:

:lol:

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by onlyme »

It was suggested by the DM to brainstorm/post regarding imbued item suggestions, especially with swords and armor becoming commonplace.

Markd has a set of surveyor's tools that might provide perks... Any thoughts one what a 1st level, 2nd level path might be?
What would be a good path for oil lamps?
I know someone is working on their backpack. What might be some fair value perks per level there?
Anything else folks are thinking of/doing?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#132 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:It was suggested by the DM to brainstorm/post regarding imbued item suggestions, especially with swords and armor becoming commonplace.

Markd has a set of surveyor's tools that might provide perks... Any thoughts one what a 1st level, 2nd level path might be?
What would be a good path for oil lamps?
I know someone is working on their backpack. What might be some fair value perks per level there?
Anything else folks are thinking of/doing?
Earc has spectacles that help him with research. They have several levels right now - reduced time to research and bonuses to rolls. Something similar could be applied to other items by other magic users.

Bandy (CORRECTED) has a cloak that allows him a good night's rest regardless of weather conditions. My plan is to bump that up to include a little healing with just 8 hours of rest (just 1 point, likely) and take it from there to maybe reduce necessary rest time (6 hours? Maybe less at a higher level?) or bump healing with a full day's rest.

Bandy also has a candlestick that provides him with 30' of light with a candle. Additional levels include (or will include) things like only the user can extinguish the candle and the user can allow others in the party to benefit from the light (i.e. see the light) as well. Currently, it only looks like a candle for everyone else. An oil lamp could have a similar function. Or maybe if you burn a certain kind of oil, the lamp only provides light for the wielder? I think there is a demonic lantern in the old 1e DM Guide that does that when you burn rendered human fat? You could come up with something nicer, I think...

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay has applied a good amount of XP to his dog, who is currently HD 4+2, though that could have gone toward training or camouflage instead, I suppose. Clay also has his divining pendant, that improves chances of foraging and finding natural land/waterforms.

Bremen's cloak offers -1AC and increased chance of hiding.

Able's maul has the knock spell, relating to his past as a carpenter. He's also the PC working on improving his backpack.

I like the idea of boots that increase a PCs speed, which is what Marks has, if I guess correctly.

Surveyor's tools could decrease chances of getting lost, assist with finding more secure/comfortable camping spots (decrease chance of encounters, increased healing rate when calling for multiple days?).

A holy symbol offering a chance to turn the undead or cat CLW for a non cleric would be pretty cool.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Marullus »

...I again think I'm caught up. If I am missing something, bump it. :)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Spearmint »

sorry for slow posting have been really ill and moving horses about. Back on it this weekend. cheers Kris

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Similar boat for me, except the horses. Just shuttling sick children around for me. Rough cold and flu season this year!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#137 Post by Alethan »

I am preparing for travel today and will be traveling the rest of the week. Will attempt to keep up with posting in the evenings, but depends on connectivity and time and such. So if input from Bandy or Willow or Earc isn't imperative in order to move forward with something, don't wait for them.

Cheers,

Al

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

onlyme wrote:Markd eats his delicious Iron Flakes granola bar and prepares for adventure.
:lol:

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Marullus »

Mister-Kent wrote:Osuna will close in to hurl a dart at the nearest beast. "Fly, my fury!" she shouts while trying to look as impressive as one can whilst flinging little darts.
More this:

Less this:

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Name: Biff McDuddums
Class: Town Drunk
Equipment: polyester leisure suit, bowling shoes, keg of nog, pocket lint, car keys, Bic lighter, half pack of camels, loose change
Weapons: darts, Swiss army knife (the little one that barely open a letter, missing the tweezers and toothpick, bowling ball (in bag)

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”