Expedition: Blackjack/Return to Kobold Tower - 16 July 2021

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Blackjack/Return to Kobold Tower - 16 July 2

#121 Post by Zhym »

"Um, I don't think it works that way," says Lug, giving Amistad a strange look. Had his parents never told him about the birds and the bees and the . . . chickens? Or moose geese?
Marullus wrote:The eggs appear to be fresh and unfertilized.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Remembering Marullus's post, I read Spearmint's post three times, each time translating it into "fertilize the eggs." So many frightening images in my head before I finally read it right! :lol:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Spearmint »

'Blackjack' Amistad

"Any thoughts on one of you guys wanting to ranch out from this place? If not maybe we should collapse the decrepit building. Better than leaving traps behind us we set off unwittingly."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Marullus »

The moose-gooses now fled, Clay asks if the others wish to pursue golden eggs, but the party is too excited by the possibilities of the current giant eggs before them, discussing giant omelets and the possibility of egg-ranching, with a bit of confusion about the fertilization process that goes unexplained further.

Date: 10:20am, 18 July 2021
Light: Daylight (outside)
Distance: None
Injuries: Amistad (minor damage)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Spearmint »

'Blackjack' Amistad

Okay, we can store some eggs for lunch. What else is in the sawmill that can be salvaged. If all the silver blocks and equipment has gone we can move on to the next building. I asked if we thought it wise to disable the traps or keep them in place.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#126 Post by Alethan »

Rhybek

"There's still the lizard-things on the roof with the golden eggs..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay nods at Rhybek's reminder.Maybe their fertilized... With badgers, it's difficult to know if they are joking.

Is anyone willing to climb up and check it out? I can't.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Zhym »

"I'm good at climbing! I won a prize for acrobatics once!" says Lug, his voice full of pride. He tugs at the edge of his dire-wolf cloak, showing a small pin in the shape of a winged foot. "See? And I got Smurfgrill by climbing a tree! But then I lost Smurfgrill." The huge man slumps and frowns, sad.

"Anyway, I can climb if no one else wants to. I mean, if we have a rope or something."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#129 Post by Alethan »

Rhybek pulls out a grappling hook tied to a long hemp rope and attempts to catch the hook onto the roof of the building so Lug can climb to the second story.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Zhym »

Lug hesitates before climbing. "So, um, is this chicken lizard evil? Or are we just taking its stuff?"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The chicken lizard is on the rook (supposedly). But there is a loft that is partially collapsed, correct? So we could, technically, go at this from two sides...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Spearmint »

'Blackjack' Amistad

"maybe while you climb up from the outside we need a little distraction from the inside. Shall we venture to lift the trapdoor again and rile the creatures about their nests while Lug climbs up the wall?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Zhym »

Lug remains on the ground. "You didn't answer my question," he says petulantly. "Is this thing evil, or what? I ain't killing nothing that ain't done me no harm, or ain't tryin' to do me harm, or don't at least look like it wants to do me harm. Don't care if it lays golden eggs or is made of different kind of animals. Xavro was part horse, part dude, and he was my good pal."

He folds his arms over his chest. "Ain't there any bad guys we can fight?"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Marullus »

Grapple and rope are proper gear, so have Lug make a straight 1d20 STR check. I will hold on the response until people decide about going up inside, too.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay starts at the large man.You know a centaur? I'd like to meet them some day. he the explains to the entire group his vision.When I died, I visited my goddess, Beith in her home. She's the goddess of the wilderness, and her domain is keeping balance in natural world. All the creatures in this world came from her Well of the World. Humans, badgers,
centaurs, deer... All of them. But a long time ago her Well was found out and corked up, and the folks that did it started twisting the power of the Well. And later still, the Morlock's continued that work, using the Well to make these unnatural things.
I don't think any of them are evil, but they are out of balance with this world, so they should be killed.
Clay points it that he doesn't know what is on the roof, but if it is a hybrid, he prefers it die, but not suffer. If we don't kill it, I won't hunt it down, or anything. I aim to uncork my goddesses Well, which I expect will set things right, and maybe unravel the magic holding these things together.

And if it's just a magical goose that can lay golden eggs, we can leave it alone. As you've pointed out, there are a lot of fantastic creatures in this world that are supposed to be here, centaurs included.
He gives his snarl-smile again, briefly, before he remembers how it appears to others.

Clay proposes a couple folks go up to the collapsed barn loft and crawl under it while another person climbs from the outside. Clarabelle and Rhybek can cover Lug with their ranged weapons from the yard.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Zhym »

Lug looks wistfully sad. "Yeah, Xavro was—or is—swell. I'm dunno if he's alive here. It's kinda complicated. Anyhow, he took care of the trees and the forest critters and stuff. Until the forest burned. He gave me a swell bow, but if I used it to hurt animals or anything that wasn't trying to hurt me it'd break, he said. Then some snot-nosed pipsqueak took it from me in a poker game. I think he cheated. Anyway, I kinda got into the habit of not attacking anything that wasn't trying to attack me. And it's more fun that way. I mean, who wants to fight anyone that doesn't fight back?"

His face sets in determination. "It's not the chicken-lizard's fault it's weird. Don't see why it has to die cause of it." He crosses his arms and stands with his back in front of the rope, blocking it with his unusually large frame. "C'mon, can't we find something evil to attack instead?"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The giant badger shrugs. I'd hoped to cleanse the compound before going into the forest, thinking it would interest others since it gives us a safer place to return to if we need to retreat. But if you all feel these abominations should be left alone, so be it. Shall we head to the forest? if anyone points out that one out building is infested with spiders-hybrids, Clay will point out that they are not inherently evil, and are merely living their lives. He will ask what makes them more deserving of death.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Zhym »

"Forest's fine with me. If the chicken lizard isn't bothering anyone, it's safe enough to leave it where it is. Or we could try the spider things," says Lug, as if reading the badger's mind. "I've killed spiders before. They attack like nobody's business. I got no problem fighting something that'll fight me."

"'Course, poison'll mess you up. We got any way to deal with that?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#139 Post by Alethan »

Rhybek shrugs, "Forest is fine with me. Seems like a lot of these hybrids are not aggressive or a danger to us. You said there were ruins in the forests? Let's find them.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Zhym »

As the group debates, Lug's stomach growls. "Oh, hey, we should take these eggs back to the tower. I still want an omelet. If you all ain't hungry now, we could have them when we get back!"

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”