Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

#61 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote:So.... Who is rolling up a cleric? :)
*glances over at new MU and elf...* ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Not a chance. I already play 100% of the active clerics in this game, if my calculations are correct. (And getting Zhym's characters to comply with the "weird rules" is taxing. :P ) And Bianca looks to be getting involved in the game already in the the Tavern thread, so Bluehorse might not be interested, but that is up to Bluehorse.
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by Alethan »

No worries. Will have to figure something out, though, before we leave.

Or everyone has to be responsible for their own healing. Earc can afford to do that to some degree. Not sure if everyone else can, though...

If you have other ideas, toss them out please.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I am sure the two new PCs won't have the coin for any potions.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Marullus »

You can recruit a new player to the game. :) Especially with the cleric signing bonus - they'll start at second level! Sirravd, Spearmint, Stirling, and MisterKent currently don't have PCs on this expedition so could be asked, too.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by hedgeknight »

I appreciate the PM, and like I said in my reply to Ethan, my time for online gaming has shrank considerably in the last few months and is going to be even less in 2018. :cry: It's not fair to you guys for me to play the cleric and not be around consistently to post.
If you want, I will gladly turn Casper over to a new player or as an NPC.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote:You can recruit a new player to the game.
Hope you don't mind that I took this to the main forum... ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Marullus »

The next morning, Brother Isaachar the new cleric joins Earc at the gates. Soon Bianca, Winnie, Olaf Olafsonson, and Halfpint join them and the group is ready to depart.

What is your route? Are you going down the road then cutting west? or cross-country past the farms and then and due south?

Are you bringing any mounts?

Please post your current encumbrance level and also if you're benefiting from any bonus to saves from your town stay (for record keeping).

Date: 8:00am, 16 July 2021
Effects: None
Distance Travelled: None
Injuries: None

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Zhym »

Olaf brings Pony the mule. He gets no bonuses. His encumbrance is...something I'll calculate later, but with Pony in tow he should be able to keep his movement rate at 90' at the start of the expedition.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by Alethan »

Earc suggests taking the road south to about the mountain camp and then cutting west towards the tower.

"Using the road will be easier on our feet. And faster. And, who knows. Maybe we'll get ambushed on the way and can take a few of the goblins out without having to dig them out of the tower..."

"If not, we'll try and get into the tower the old fashioned way. We'll sneak in."

If nobody objects, that is the direction he leads the party. He does not take any mounts with him.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Zhym »

Olaf gives Earc a baffled look. "Sneak? Thought we'd be killin' all the gobbies!"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint purchases a couple of healing potions, a lantern and oil and restocks her rations. She is ready to go and just under 70 lbs, by the scruff of her neck.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#75 Post by Alethan »

Earc replies, "Sneak in. Then you can kill as many of them as you want, Master Dwarf. But it's a tower. And if there's one entrance to the tower and it's sealed up tight, I'd rather not stand at its base and be a target for stones and arrows! So we sneak someone in, open the door or lower a rope, get everyone inside. Then you can kill."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Zhym »

"Ach," grunts Olaf with a nod. "Good plan, that be."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie keeps a worried eye on Bianca on the journey, but doesn't mention anything further. This is because Earc seemed so irritable, and also because of a distrust of Reapers, who mistrust magic. She wouldn't want her sister burned alive by some fanatic.

At the talk of strategy, Winnie suggests charming a goblin into working for the group. Why take the chance and risk your own skin, when a weak-willed goblin might let us in?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

Earc smiles at the idea and nods in agreement.

"Excellent idea, Winnie. If you can handle that when the time comes, I've prepared a few more offensive spells for the day..."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Marullus »

I am assuming 3/4 movement unless someone has more than 60 lbs, or everyone has less than 40lbs.

The group banters as they go down the road, the well-travelled way making their going easy and they find that, by late-afternoon, they've reached the turning point they desired. Turning to the west, you begin into the hills.

Four hours later, the daily rains have dampened you and the sun is setting on your venture as it sends long shadows down from the high mountain peaks which loom very close over the entire southern expanse. You climbed up and down endless hills. As you come over a final ridgeline, you see a sharp vale with a stream carving it's bottom, and across it a plateau with a large campsite. Six cookfires among a ring of derelict wagons burn brightly, illuminating the scene as the smell of their stews reaches your nose even at this distance. It looks to be about two score rough men, half in metal armors, with a dozen horses hobbled around the camp.

Date: 8:00am, 16 July 2021
Effects: None
Distance Travelled: None
Injuries: None

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie confides that she can charm up to two creatures magically, but it is apparent that she probably doesn't need magic to befriend most sentient creatures. When the wagons come into view, she shifts towards the middle of the group, urging Bianca to join her.That stew smells good. Think they'll share any?

If the group approaches the wagons, as long as we are not sneaking up, Winnie will speak to the horses, indicating that the group means to harm. She will ask the horses if the men she is with are trustworthy.

Winnie's encumbrance is just over 30#.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”