Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

#661 Post by Marullus »

The most effective answer I've seen is to do the math and save it on the Note tab. Equipment doesn't change much and you only need to note the difference each time. Don't forget to tally your carried coin (10 coins per pound) which is the biggest area of flux.

I am usually content to assume a base weight (like "under 60 or 80") and then see you transport with extra weight - loading the mule, sledges for people with up to 80lbs, etc. Once anyone breaks 80lbs, the math is easy - the group is moving at 1/4 speed and you can sledges an extra 140lbs each at that speed.

If you as players want to squeeze in every pound you can or move at speed, then you show your math. I leave that your choice.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#662 Post by Stirling »

Issachar's current in venture runs to 59.4 lbs, but heavy items such as be droll @ 5lbs and slings tones @ 5lbs could easily be jettisoned in favour of some more valuable portables.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#664 Post by onlyme »

I am pretty sure halfpint was right at 59 lbs. So, probably 56 with out a couple bottles of oil and a ration. I generally try to keep my inventory on a spreadsheet with cost and weight during chargen. Basically listed all the possible items, and then put a 0, 1, etc to extend the cost and weight out.

Afterward, I just concentrate on weight. I usually ballpark weight things that arent in the book.

My guess is we need to go with 1/4 and take it all. How long (if directly) did it take to get there?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#665 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie wonders aloud if it would it be safer/faster to head SW to the camp and catch a ride with a caravan back to Gaul?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#666 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Still unable to look Winnie in the eye, she checks her now bare feet and seeing that they look new and... well... tender... she begins searching for an extra pair of boots, perhaps amount the not grossly dead or the gnolls.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#667 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Sorry, folks. Busy weekend and very busy day today. Working on inventory of found things though. Bluehorse, will need to know your current encumbrance so we know how much your character can carry.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#668 Post by Bluehorse »

Alethan wrote:OOC: Sorry, folks. Busy weekend and very busy day today. Working on inventory of found things though. Bluehorse, will need to know your current encumbrance so we know how much your character can carry.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#669 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'll be sure to pack Winnie's stuff so that, should we need to jettison some stuff, her rations will be in a sack with other mundane things that are likely to attract pursuers so the group can get away. At 1/4 movement we're going to run into things, I am guessing.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#670 Post by Stirling »

Issachar

tries to lighten the sombre mood and gives Winnie a very startled look,"Strewth, you have shrunk an inch or two. Moradins will for sure, you have recovered from your injuries but grown dwarvish legs, short and all hairy!"he packs his sack to carry, winking at Bianca, "Only joking sister witch. It is amazing she can walk at all after the pudding. What do you need me to carry?" he asks checking the books and instruments. Does anyone need a CLW, I ask because I have one to use and if we rest can pray for more. Issachar casts Cure Light Wounds [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 upon the most injured of us.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#671 Post by Marullus »

The group spends some time sorting belongings and planning how best to travel to town. Bianca and Winnie deal with the implications of what the resurrection means to them and their faith.

Issachar looks over the group and realizes that he himself is the most injured. Calling on the blessings of Gwanwen, he finds himself full restored.

Date: 4:10pm, 19 July 2021
Light: Earc's glowstick, Issachar's lantern (until 6:30pm)
Effects: None
Injuries: Earc (minor injury), Olaf (superficial injury)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#672 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Sits and removes her boots and offers them wordlessly to Winnie. The boots were of fine elven make. she removed her stockings and stuffed them in a pocket exposing her slender elven feet that somehow seemed more adept at walking bare than the heavier stepping human companion. She then moved to gather the silver tools from the table, stuffing them in her pack, eager to leave. She adjusts her belongings to a more comfortable position on her shoulders and moves to the door unless she needs to carry anything more for the trip.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#673 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Did the goblin or either of the two corpses have footwear? Is there any thick fabric around (an old backpack?) Winnie could wrap her feet in?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#674 Post by Stirling »

the dead adventurers in the lab room would have had footwear, one was an elf I think so his feet will be smaller sizes.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#675 Post by Marullus »

The corpses on the slab have... Had... Boots. They have also rotted and decayed, the flesh sloughing from bone within.

Gnolls don't wear shoes.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#676 Post by Alethan »

Ooc: or maybe some empty tissue boxes?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#677 Post by Alethan »

Here's the list of treasure we've indicated as picked up. Can we say we're all in the second gnoll room at this point and do a rest? At least let Earc rest so he can cast Detect Magic on everything. That way we can make sure and not haul non-magical items when we need to make room for magical items.

Treasure...

[*]Ellurian steel longsword with supple blue dragon-scale hiltwraps
[*]Ellurian steel longsword with red-steel folded into the bladework
[*]A Southron steel longsword with sturdy crossbar
[*]A Southron steel longsword notched from frequent use
[*]Ellurian steel bastard sword which glows faintly with its own soft yellow light
[*]Ellurian steel bastard sword with a blue sheen in its folded-steel blade
[*]Ellurian steel shortsword with running horse engraving
[*]Finely-wrought heavy flail with Ellurian steel chain
[*]Ellurian steel banded mail armor
[*]A finely-embossed kite shield, the edges embellished with thick metal plating and decorated with engraved words.
[*]Ellurian steel chainmail woven fine as linen
[*]A mighty rounded heater shield, the edges embellished with double rows of metal studs and decorated with feather-like metalwork.
[*]Five sets of well-made Southron chainmail
[*]Four Southron longbows
[*]Four quivers with 15 goose-feathered Southron arrows, each.

Two small chests containing 750gp each @ 75lbs each

Two Elurian chests, locked. (Weight?)

7 polished opal rondels
7 golden brown tiger eyes
8 deep blue azurites

6gp, 6sp, 7cp

pale blue lapis lazuli (10 GP)
blue quartz (10 GP)
large dull banded red and white sardonyx (25 GP)
cracked black jet (75 GP)
cloudy light green jade (75 GP)
cloudy pale blue-green aquamarine (75 GP)
green zircon (75 GP)
blue jasper (75 GP)
black obsidian (100 GP)
banded black onyx (100 GP)
deep blue lapis lazuli (100 GP)
large brilliant light green jade (1,000 GP)

40 lbs of silver medical tools, easily sterilized and resistant to rust. They fill 2/3 of a sack.
- A three foot rod of polished limestone rod engraved circularly along its whole length with dwarven runes.
- A worn wooden staff

• scrollcase with one wizardly scroll in it
• - two elven traveling spellbooks
• - one human travelling spellbook
• - one ancient and fragile spellbook

brilliant-cut black gem - (Not natural stone)
muddy deep blue lapis lazuli (25 GP)
blue quartz (40 GP)
violet garnet (100 GP)
black obsidian (40 GP)
flawed pale blue-green aquamarine (80 GP)
dull clear rock crystal (50 GP)
large muddy red zircon (50 GP)
pink rhodochrosite (17 GP)
small blue azurite (45 GP)

5 small wooden boxes (Each box contains enough inks for several scrolls and weighs about 20 lbs. (total of 1,000gp in inks, or 20 spell-levels worth, 100lbs for transport.)[/ooc]

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#678 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie declines the offer of the boots. She tries to be gracious and gentle with her friend, despite Bianca's distant attitude. The treasure on their backs will be the least of all the baggage they carry back to the coven. And Caspar White will have to answer for what has become of Bianca... Once back in the room with the gnolls, she spends the evening cutting the gnolls clothes into rough footwear for herself, tying it at the ankles with leather lacing. She offers to take a watch with one of the dwarfs, grateful for their private nature.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#679 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Alethan, you forgot the partridge in a pear tree... wow, we got a lot of loot. It is amazing to see when you see it all written together like that. This trip was very generous. I have a thought that might help. How much weight do you think Winnie's dog could carry without being slowed down too much? Even if it is one or two bags of coins or something that it more than we would get without the help.

She rather guiltily puts the boot back on, but despite her cathartic state, she is more than able to help Winnie in constructing her makeshift footwear, deft elven hands lending a touch of skill to the task and some fine stitching with aid of one of her darts.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#680 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Fortunately a lot of that list is in gemstones or else we'd have some trouble carrying things back. Better gems than coppers!

If everyone else is willing, Earc suggests they spend the night camped in the gnoll chest room, setting up watches as normal.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”