Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Earc/Guhra's Tower - 15 July 2021

#701 Post by Zhym »

"I'll not be throwing me gems or gold away to flee with some flibber-libber what be afraid to fight," grouses Olaf. "We get attacked, we fight, and we kill, ye ken?"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#702 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie explains again that She would carry the treasure with a spell, allowing the group to move faster. She acknowledges that he prefers to fight. That's very brave of you, of course. I just find that sometimes conflict is best abode. Or deferred until later.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#703 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Speaking for the first time since the rite that brought Winnie back from beyond. "STOP TALKING ABOUT DEATH!" Who the outburst was directed at, who could tell, but she turned back to face into her corner, her head down, seemingly returning to her meditations.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#704 Post by Stirling »

Issachar

Asks Earc if he has any recollection from his studies of the mage Hagaseth? (DM give me a roll if the name is common knowledge or has some legend attached). He watches the witches and listens to their outbursts, concerned that alopecia isn't the only curse stalking the group.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#705 Post by Marullus »

You recall no legends of a wizard named Hagaseth.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#706 Post by Zhym »

Olaf snorts at the mage, who not long ago attacked Bianca, whining about "outbursts."

"We be going, or wot?" he grumbles.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#708 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Sorry, will post something later today. Swamped at work.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#709 Post by onlyme »

halfpint will carry whatever works to even the load/travels.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#710 Post by Alethan »

OOC: What magical weapons/armour are currently not being wielded/worn by anyone?

Also, keep in mind that wielding/wearing things right now doesn't mean you'll get them all in loot distribution; that will have to be round robin. But let's definitely do what's best to get it all back to town.

Earc will happily carry some of the remaining weight that Pony the Mule can't handle - one of the 20lb chests maybe. And the Ancient spell book.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#711 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie only has the +1 sword from Earc.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#713 Post by Marullus »

I am going to assume you are wearing/carrying enough of the magic items to cover that small gap. With the mule at 400lbs, I am letting you move at half-speed instead of 1/4 speed (with sledges).

Newly packed, the group sets out, moving a bit slower as they are laden with treasure, the stoic mule happy to be doing it's job and leaving the strangeness of the dungeon. After an hour single file in the long and winding secret passage, you pass back through the waterfall and begin the trek back to Gaul.

You move cautious and slow through the patches of woods as you cross the foothills, careful to avoid signs of goblins and wolves. You are halfway to the road when you enter a clearing in a brushy copse. You are surprised by whistling bowfire from the surrounding trees, the arrows spraying up dirt and turf around the mule. Pony the mule brays in protest but doesn't spook. At the same time, a rider in platemail on a barded horse with six chainmail and shield wearing riders with him gallop out in an imposing display, fanning out to block your progress.

"Ho! It is tribute day in our good forest! I am glad to see you've prepared the mule for us appropriately. Send the beast ahead and you'll have earned your right to pass.
Reach for your weapons, or think to ensorcel me, and my men will fill you with arrows,"
says the grimly-smiling man in plate. An unknown number of archers rustle in the woodline, the six riders, swords drawn, ready to charge...

Actions!

Date: 11:30am, 20 July 2021
Light: Daylight, Earc's glowstick
Effects: None
Distance travelled: ~ 3-4 miles today
Injuries: Earc (minor injury), Olaf (superficial injury)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#714 Post by Zhym »

Olaf snorts. "Look at us. Ye think we be babes in these woods?" he asks, amused. "Ye think we got this loot by being pushovers? Ride back into the woods, maybe ye live until lunch. Maybe we don't have to kill ye and send a hunting party out for the rest of ye. Or ye can make a move, and find out how we got what ye want."

Let me know if you want a charisma roll.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#715 Post by Marullus »

Nice! Yep, roll [4d6]

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#716 Post by Zhym »

Cha check (12): [4d6] = 18

Well, it was a nice try. ;)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#717 Post by Stirling »

Issachar

"Tis the season for winnowing the chaff from the wheat. I carry both blessings and curse upon my shoulders. He who seeks to rob me, robs God and his blood shall be upon his own head ... or the ground".

Issachar to hit melee [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14 heavy flail damage [1d8+2] = 5+2 = 7 (actually with strength I am +3 to hit and damage so-8hp).

With a hefty sweep of his heavy flail, the priest of Gwanwen aims to break the legs of the nearest horse and spill the rider to the ground.

sorry, don't think they are much for backing down and I don't think the party want to give up the treasures so I just acted on my first thoughts.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#718 Post by Marullus »

The man in plate laughs at you. He remains confident enough to not even have drawn his sword. "I have no doubt of your capabilities, Master Dwarf. Traveling with elves and wizards, I am sure you quite outdid the goblins in deception and deceit. But it is not my first outing in the woods, either... I have the drop on you. I have concealed my numbers from your magical treacheries. You're in MY wood, and the laden mule is sufficient enough tribute for your tresspass."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#719 Post by Marullus »

Okay, Issachar moves to combat - he has to charge to reach the horse. I will let everyone else post round 1 actions and adjudicate collectively.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#720 Post by Alethan »

Earc hides a scowl in his new beard growth and simply casts a small pellet of mud at the eyes of the man in plate mail.

OOC: Earc casts Continual Light at the eyes of the outlaw chief, knowing if they win he will certainly die, as there is a cost to being a leader of thieves...

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”