Expedition: Markd/On a Mission from Baudh II - 02 June 2021

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Expedition: Markd/On a Mission from Baudh II - 02 June 2

#841 Post by Alethan »

"So... it's likely OK to enter?" Bandy asks, stepping into the room...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#842 Post by Marullus »

Bandy steps into the vestibule chamber while the others catch their breath. When nothing happens to him, the others follow suit. They can now see that the Baudhic adornment covers all walls, including those they just passed through.

From this closer proximity, they can see better what lies through the archway and in the room beyond. The archway is about 10' deep before you, then opens into the next chamber. It appears to be a chapel, tall vaulted columns holding up a domed ceiling. A large seven-pointed Baudhic sun of solid gold hangs on the far wall in the central, honored position. A great stone altar fills the far end of the hall, while a few pews stand in the center, blocking the direct path to it. Great iron braziers stand in the room corners and near the altar, the flames dancing within them and providing the flickering, ruddy glow to the entire chamber. Alcoves in the side walls are cast in shadows, indiscernable from this angle.

Date: Time 10:20am, 08 June 2021
Light: Florian's Lantern (until 11:00am)
Spell Effects: None
Injuries: Bandy (moderately wounded), Markd (minorly wounded), Bremen (minorly wounded), Irving (minorly wounded)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#843 Post by onlyme »

Markd takes in a deep breath, somewhat of relief, somewhat of anxiety.
"That most certainly fits the description of what I have been asked to safely deliver to the church. Let's be most careful around it, as it is obviously of great importance. He looks around for any thing ready to ambush them.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#844 Post by Alethan »

Bandy moves straight over to one of the side walls before moving forwards, pacing his movements with Markd's, until he gets to the first alcove. Once there, he pauses and listens to see if he can hear anything coming from the shadows...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#845 Post by Marullus »

Bremen?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#846 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

You think this is it, then? It's impressive. You figure it's solid gold? The idea of solid gold makes Bremen want to dance, but he maintains his compusure. Someone make sure we dont get trapped in here, okay?
There's spikes and a hammer in my pack.
He makes his way toward the star, ever wary of traps. When he gets to the star, he likewise checks it for traps before looking for the best way to bring it down. He will not touch the star until the door is spiked open.

sorry for the delay.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#847 Post by Marullus »

Markd fondles his Baudhic knife absently, finding it again in his hands and realizing belatedly that it has again healed his wounds. He looks ahead, wary of an ambush. Bandy is intent on what lurks in the alcoves, while Bremen salivates about the golden sun on the far wall, contemplating the traps that might be upon it to hinder its acquisition.

Your group steps past the rounded etchings on the floor and forward into the 10' passage of the ornate archway, eyes forward on the room beyond. Florian's eyes go wide as he sees the faux floor crumble and collapses under the feet of Bandy and Bremen, dumping them into a jagged pit about 15' below. "Oh!" exclaims Florian in dismay, "The symbols on the floor! It's like the other secret passage, with the skeletons!" Bandy tumbles hard, smacking his head and cracking his skull (-11). He lies unconscious and bleeding on the floor. Bremen managed his fall a bit better, landing hard on one leg (-7) next to Bandy on the pit floor. Markd, who was leading with Bandy, crossed unscathed and is alone on the chapel side, while Florian is trapped on the vestibule side for the moment.

Your shocked reverie at the pits sudden appearance is broken by the sound of laughter within the chapel. The deep bass laughter of a creature whose voice can't help but reflect malice. "What have they sent me after all these years? Surely, you are not what passes as knights in this age. You pitiful, sad, unworthy beings..."

Date: Time 10:21am, 08 June 2021
Injuries: Bandy (dying, unconscious), Bremen (severely wounded), Irving (minorly wounded)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#848 Post by onlyme »

we either need Bremen to bind bandys wounds or one of us jumps in. I'll respond to voice depending on if it is markd who has to climb down.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#849 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

A string of curses flows freely from Captain Bremen's well-practiced lips. Silently, and facetiously, he thanks Florian for belated insight, with only his rolling eyes as evidence. He moves to stabilize Bandy, then passing an end of the rope up to Florian and Irving. Florian, if you've got more healing to offer, you'd better get down here. Who's that talking? Irving?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#850 Post by Marullus »

Bremen is quick to stabilize Bandy, ignoring his own soreness and injuries. Irving holds the rope and helps Florian descend, the cleric's prayers and ministrations bringing Bandy back to consciousness (+4), while Markd replies to the voice. "Alas, this is the last ministration I can perform today," whispers Florian as he looks fretfully up at the the chapel where the voice eminates.

(Go ahead and talk, Markd.)

Date: Time 10:30am, 08 June 2021
Injuries: Bandy (dying, unconscious), Bremen (severely wounded), Irving (minorly wounded)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#851 Post by Marullus »

The crooked path was hard to describe. I drew it for you.
IMG_20170820_102258.jpg
IMG_20170820_102258.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 215 times

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#852 Post by onlyme »

Marullus wrote:

Your shocked reverie at the pits sudden appearance is broken by the sound of laughter within the chapel. The deep bass laughter of a creature whose voice can't help but reflect malice. "What have they sent me after all these years? Surely, you are not what passes as knights in this age. You pitiful, sad, unworthy beings..."

Markd quickly responds to the voice, kneeling...

Yes. I was requested by the church in Gaul, the northern most civilized sector, to transfer this relic for safekeeping. Hopefully, in time, it will help build back the numbers of followers so that even greater acolytes may come and service this location. It is true we are all flawed. But, I trust you will find us worthy for such an important mission.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#853 Post by Marullus »

"After so many centuries alone, the faithful return," muses the voice from the alcove. "How shall you bring the faithful back to my worship? Our ways are difficult and demanding; only the strong will be found worthy..."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#854 Post by onlyme »

Markd speaks in a calm sincere voice, holding tight to his dagger,
"I believe there are many faithful already, though I suspect doubt has prevented them from seeking this place. It wasnt even discussed in our history lessons, I must admit. If I alone go back and share the news of what I have seen, I do not know what may happen. That damned usurper marked me so that no one takes my words seriously.

If we all go back and also share evidence of the powers and beauty of this place, I know we will have armies migrating here to follow in the footsteps of those centuries ago.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#855 Post by Marullus »

The voice seems pleased, benevolent, at Markd's response. "You are wise beyond your companions; not to desire for yourself but to desire ability to show truth of my power to dispel disbelief. How long has it been, Stancell, since someone looked upon you without horror?
Since you were able to command the respect you deserve from the hearts of men? Place your hand on the altar and swear yourself to me and I will empower you for this quest. You deserve this petty curse of a lesser God be removed from you. You will return with the power you need to inspire men to come here once more. Swear to me and it is yours as a true Knight of my service."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#856 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

just read this. Great for Markd!

Bremen will be jealous! :P

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#857 Post by onlyme »

Markd places his hand upon the altar swears his oath of committed discipleship to the great Baudh. He utters,
"Thank you. I will see to it that this land grows overflowing with followers as it was meant to be.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#858 Post by Marullus »

"So, you swear to me? Say yes, and your curse is lifted, my son."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#859 Post by onlyme »

Markd answers in thoughtful prayer to Baudh.

"Baudh, I swear my loyalty to you and you alone. Grant me the power you feel I need in order to accomplish the feats required.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#860 Post by Alethan »

Bandy raises his eyebrows as Markd touches the altar...

"ohhh! I don't know if... Should you be touching that thing?"

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”