Expedition Planning Discussions

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Markd/On A Mission From Baudh - 08 May 2021

#21 Post by Zhym »

Olaf is out, but my new PC should be ready to roll in soon. Is the group planning on heading back to the tomb or skipping it? If we're going back, the new PC would be in a position to help figure out what the heck is going on.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Markd is the leader but I believe we are going to the city first.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by onlyme »

I'd prefer to go to the city and at least figure out what it is. if a town of undead, ugggh. If a town of isolated southerners, then maybe we can recruit to clear area between and build up some trade and fame.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#24 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

From the other thread, it sounds as if we are headed to the big city in the distance. And with a wight on the loose in that tomb, we should stay clear for a bit. (Though I wonder if the ghosts will find it and somehow take care of it for us.)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving definitely is intrigued by the prospect of the town (and confused by the contents of the tomb).

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:From the other thread, it sounds as if we are headed to the big city in the distance. And with a wight on the loose in that tomb, we should stay clear for a bit. (Though I wonder if the ghosts will find it and somehow take care of it for us.)
Hmmm... you didn't hear the multiple crashes of stone? I suspect there are several wights stumbling about there.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Keehnelf »

I almost mentioned that myself...but Irving's too dumb to have counted.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

OOC I must have missed that.

IC, let's just say Captain Bremen was running so fast the wind was rustling in his ears. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Marullus »

Consolidating discussion - the "what's next" posts from the other thread are now here. That thread will close.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by Alethan »

Rusty (may I call you Rusty? I had a bad experience on this ride once...)

Earc is interested in helping survey because he, too, wants to eventually build something outside of town limits. Prior to the festival, however, he's teaching Dram how to read magic and then right after the festival he's finishing off the troll lair.

If you're still looking at that time, he would take a few days to assist, mostly so he doesn't have the same issues when he tries to secure some land for a tower he wants to build (might start off as a very small stone fortification at first, but... eventually it will be a tower).

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

You may call me Rusty. It's odd to me that someone would take offense to being called by the nick they chose for themselves. It's a good reason to not call yourself some vile, offensive name.

Clay will try to make the trip prior to the festival. If that works for Earc, that's fine. It'll likely be an overnight. If he cannot make it, Bandy would be welcome. He can search the ghoul lair for secret passages!

He'd also take along anyone from his previous journeys, taking in side journey's as wanted. Grizzly Woman wanted to check out the Trombley farmstead.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zhym »

No one remembers the classics anymore, it seems. :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#33 Post by Alethan »

Zhym wrote:No one remembers the classics anymore, it seems. :)
*sigh*

At least it wasn't a wasted line. Thanks, Jim.

I'm convinced my boss only keeps me in the group because she loves my movie lines.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Oh. Right. :( I haven't seen that movie in... a loooong time. I've got to say that that scene didn't get as etched into my brain as the dog tied to the bumper or Aunt Edna on the top of the car.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

How much of a thing did fingers, bandy, Halfpint and Irving want our mapping trip to be? It really was supposed to be out and back in two days. Clay offered gold because there isn't supposed to be much involved.

And then I got carried away offering an adventure. But I think you all want to be part of the festival and Irving wants to get on the road with Markd. So should I just roll the d4 (twice) and see how it goes?

We can head out to the motte and beyond afterwards. A reboot of our last adventure.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Zhym »

I thought the old gang was heading back out as soon as the festival was over.

Speaking of which—do all the new expedition threads have to wait until the festival is concluded, or can we do the festival in parallel? Although PCs who want to take part in the festival obviously have to wait in town until it's over, I think it works better if players don't have to wait for the thread to conclude.

If the festival is in parallel to expedition threads, we could set up a return trip right now that leaves June 2.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Marullus »

That's correct. The festival is in parallel. You can set out when you have regrouped and are ready (I assumed you'd shuffle the memberships a bit while everyone is in town). The only necessary delays are for that shuffling and for this mapping thing to conclude (which has the option of being expeditious).

If Mark's group wants to skip the festival intentionally there's no harm in that and they can get an earlier start date.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Spearmint »

Is the southern town the same as the merchants camp? Or in next hex? Shame the guards and shepherds didn't know of the place when Idriss and Foxy left the cave, we might have recruited a retainer or two.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Marullus »

I will announce the changes once set up. They weren't there yet - these new offerings are arriving with the caravans with the festival based on what the players have done so far.

Also, this thread is for proposing your new expeditions and gathering players for them. Let's stay on topic. :)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Spearmint »

Idriss chats about the tavern and lets it be known he is available expeditions as a researcher/relic hunter.

He is currently assessing interest in putting together a party to return to a 'demonic infested' trapped dungeon below the goblin holes, formerly raided by the Gaul guards. He also expresses an interest in following up rumours of a mage lair in the far south, pertaining to the sect known as the Order of Monoc. He is available, at low cost to teach folk various performing arts and may be engaged in transcribing books of arcane interest and the use of Read Magic.

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”