Expedition Planning Discussions

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#161 Post by Zhym »

Expedition formation seems to have stalled. My only active PC is currently in status (dying). And two expeditions recently returned.

So. Who's going where?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Just thinking of this.

Bremen will be leading an expedition back to the Tower to clean it out. There are kobolds and centions inside, plus a lot of undead. He'll try to bring Brother Florian, who is now a level 3 cleric - healing will be paid for out of group treasure, of which there is a lot - as long as the upper levels of the tower remain secure. :?

There are also hipogryphs, frog men and orcs. And the Barrow is on the way back, which he would like to hit.

The object of the mission is also to establish the Tower as a base of operations. Bremen will be taking a few mercs with him to claim and hold the tower, as well as farmers and laborers. But only adventurers will seek their fortunes in the lower levels.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Zhym »

Are Earc and Olaf the only ones who have signed up for their expedition?

It seems really difficult to get another expedition going right now. Guess it doesn't help that Bremen is a bit occupied at the moment. :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#164 Post by Alethan »

Maybe we need to bring in some new players? Get some fresh blood in the game...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Zhym wrote:... Guess it doesn't help that Bremen is a bit occupied at the moment. :)
Not my idea...

Also, I talked Bluehorse into joining. He is working on a character.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#166 Post by Alethan »

Even if he wasn't occupied, he has other things to do at the tower of Baudh, if that all works out OK. Maybe it will end with an expedition going there to destroy the evil entity.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

But... That's Bremen's benefactor!!! :o

:P

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Marullus »

You've got a lot to work with in putting together an expedition. You just need agreement on what folks are willing to go do.

Adventurers confirmed in town:
  • 'Captain' Bremen (Special status: On hold pending Trial Event.)
  • Markd (Special status: On hold pending Trial Event.)
  • Foxy O'Hare (Special status: On hold pending Scatha events.)
  • Bandobras 'Bandy' Sandybanks
  • Baxtaw Greayburst
  • 'Blackjack' Amistad
  • Casper White
  • Earc
  • Fingers McGraw
  • Halfpint
  • Olaf Olafssonsson
  • Rhybek Baerdrum
Adventurers probably-in-town-but-pending-Expedition-returns:
  • Clay Weatherwax
  • Grizzly Woman
Marullus wrote:With Piers, Foxy, and Fingers all heading to town, I see several hooks you could build around. This is all OOC discussion until the PCs bring it up IC in the tavern.
  • Guhra's Tower is located. The ArchDuke will offer substantial reward for routing the goblins there who prey on caravans. At least three spellcasters are known to have died there (leaving their tomes), and there's ruins underneath to explore. [Anyone][Earc]
  • The Templars of Eruanna are now alerted to demonic activity under the old Goblin Hole for those brave enough to face it. [Idriss, Ablesforth]
  • Foxy is interested in leading a group against the red robed wizards/infernalists west of the Goblin King's Mine. [Foxy]
  • A red dragon has emerged from the Goblin King's Mine, meaning both danger and whispers of a hoard. [Anyone]
  • Clay the Badger Priest speaks of secret knowledge and a quest revealed to him by his goddess, Beith. [Clay]
  • A map reveals the way to the Lost City of Zavarra from before the cataclysm.
  • The ruins of the City of Zhint have been discovered and mapped Northwest of Gaul.
  • A burial tomb on the east side of the river contains spectres bound in eternal litigation, should someone comprehend their dead language and find a way to put them to rest.
  • Ogres and kobolds, seen across the river to the east, have now been seen fording across to make a foothold and threaten the outskirts of Gaul.
  • Orc Clans are now a looming threat to the north, as they thrive on the massive mountain there and turn their eyes southward to notice Gaul.

I will reward someone willing to update the Maps thread will all discoveries so far. :)

There are also some plothooks which Casper White, Priest of Gwanwen, unearthed from the dwarven tomes rescued from the ghouls den. I need to NPC him in the tavern thread to reveal them as soon as I check my notes. He returned as a player, but nobody took him up on conversation ,yet. Go talk to him in the tavern and PM him to come back.
Already stated:
  • Earc wants to go clear Guhra's Tower.
  • Blackjack wants to go explore the solitary mountain peak to the north (and the three orc tribes that live there).
  • Fingers wants to go and try to solve the spectre mystery across the river to the East.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#169 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote: There are also some plothooks which Casper White, Priest of Gwanwen, unearthed from the dwarven tomes rescued from the ghouls den. He returned as a player, but nobody took him up on conversation ,yet. Go talk to him in the tavern and PM him to come back.
Done. PM sent.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I plan to have Clay sit on the back burner for a bit, and will be introducing an elf. She will be interested in joining you all for Ghura's Tower, I think.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#171 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I plan to have Clay sit on the back burner for a bit, and will be introducing an elf. She will be interested in joining you all for Ghura's Tower, I think.
Sounds good!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by onlyme »

fyi-
Markd is subject to the trial, and if he is sent any specific hooks he feels he needs to take. Lots of treasure left at tower though, and a city in between to explore.
Halfpint is a free agent.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Spearmint »

Amistad is considering a side adventure to 'meet and greet' with the Cyclops family. Having them on his side could really help his logging and the forest provides many other distractions, (hybrids, comely dryad, walking trees,)

Currently researching ladies to knit outsize cardies' and blankets and securing a wagon load of ale to trade for the one'-eyes apples and jellied eels. If enough folk interested, and Gaul not under threat then 'trip out with the faeries and join the forest gumps' at the end of the month.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Zhym »

So that's Earc, Olaf, Caspar, and Rusty's Elf to Be Named Later for Guhra's tower so far?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#175 Post by Alethan »

Zhym wrote:So that's Earc, Olaf, Caspar, and Rusty's Elf to Be Named Later for Guhra's tower so far?
And Halfpint maybe?

So that's some fighting, a caster, and a healer? Earc wouldn't say no to another healer type. Even then, he is likely to pick up some of his own healing potions.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Zhym »

Do you think Fingers would be more useful than Olaf on that mission? I assume we're going to fight our way into the tower, not try to sweet-talk, so there will be plenty of fighting early on. But then there's that dungeon level...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#177 Post by Alethan »

Honestly have no idea. If we have an elf and a dwarf, then they can look for secret passages. Halfpint might be good sneaking for scouting ahead, though certainly Fingers would excel at that now with his cloak.

Earc has some offensive magic, though it is obviously limited and his only mass offensive spell is still sleep. With a Shield spell and his sword, maybe he could be somewhat useful at fighting. But that's not reliable.

I would assume Fingers wouldn't do any fighting? Maybe Olaf would be better...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Zhym »

Fingers is happy to fire at enemies from afar, but he tries to avoid close-up hand-to-hand combat when he can.

Heavily-armored Olaf is probably a better choice if we're expecting lots of melee combat.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

My elf is piss poor at combat. Her stat line was filled with highs and lows. I sunk the high scores in INT, WIS and CHA. I was planning to charm the heck out of her enemies.

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”