Expedition Planning Discussions

sirravd

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#121 Post by sirravd »

Grimble Gromble wants to explore the tower of Guhra, and win it back to dwarf-kind.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Zhym »

If this demon-hunting expedition is a thing that's happening, let's get it rolling.

Would our characters have any idea what kind of special weapons (e.g., iron, silver) might be needed? Or even that special weapons might be useful?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Marullus »

Holy water is recommended in such situations.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I was waiting to hear back from the wizard about the faux-headlamp Able wants to make. Then he will spend coins on holy water, a healing potion and beg for a few more wards against the undead from Brother Mylo. I'll post something in the tavern now though.

EDIT: just noticed I already announced it. Anyone interested, aside from Fingers? (Though I am guessing that Fingers is only willing to come if more folks do.)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#125 Post by Alethan »

Nah... I think Rhybek is more interested in doing things of a dwarvish nature. Maybe even checking with the lead dwarf at the mining camp to see if they have any aspirations or ambitions he can help out with. And he's still interested in dwarven ruins in the area. Waiting for him to hear about the dwarven stronghold that is filled with goblins and now maybe a dragon so he can find out if there is an expedition headed back out there.

If Earc makes it past the cyclops family, he will want to devote some time to expanding his spell repertoire - as in going to the other goblin tower to look for spellbooks.

Bandy... not sure yet. But probably not hunting daemons.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

sirravd

#126 Post by sirravd »

Alethan wrote:Waiting for him to hear about the dwarven stronghold that is filled with goblins and now maybe a dragon so he can find out if there is an expedition headed back out there.
I take it this is Guhra's tower? Grimble Gromble is seeking fellow explorers to the tower, as well! Now if only Dabney would respond...

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

@ Sirravd: I think Al was thinking of the recently sacked Goblin hold of the king. (See Foxy's current Adventure.) He had stated that his character, Earc, will be inclined to visit Guhra's Tower to hunt down the missing spell books.

@ Zhym: If he survives, Captain Bremen would be interested in the Barrow again. H should be level 4 by then and will be able to read languages with some accuracy. I've just got to keep him alive... Maybe treat him like the thief he is, even.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Marullus »

sirravd wrote:
Alethan wrote:Waiting for him to hear about the dwarven stronghold that is filled with goblins and now maybe a dragon so he can find out if there is an expedition headed back out there.
I take it this is Guhra's tower? Grimble Gromble is seeking fellow explorers to the tower, as well! Now if only Dabney would respond...
No, this is the one where he referred to Guhra's Tower:
If Earc makes it past the cyclops family, he will want to devote some time to expanding his spell repertoire - as in going to the other goblin tower to look for spellbooks.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#129 Post by Alethan »

Correct. I was referring to the earlier venture by Carchannoi, Tyrrell, Gaeron, and Dorath, from which none returned.

However, I think sirravd did some individual venturing on his own private forum because he started off in the public thread with existing information about the tower and its location? Or else he just started his character off with that info. So while I can see there are directions to the tower here: viewtopic.php?f=355&t=5959 and here: viewtopic.php?p=274413#p274413, I'm not sure how public the location of the tower is... Those adventurers never returned.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Marullus »

No worries - I resolved that issue here.

The Piers/Dabney expedition found the tower and mapped it, getting paid by the ArchDuke. It is officially public knowledge.

...I am still offering a prize to the player who updated the public maps. ;) Anything successfully memorialized in an expedition tribute should be able to be added to the Maps thread, imho, in addition to anything reported to the ArchDuke for a reward.

sirravd

#131 Post by sirravd »

Alethan wrote:Correct. I was referring to the earlier venture by Carchannoi, Tyrrell, Gaeron, and Dorath, from which none returned.
Aha, got it. Grimble is quite willing to go with Earc. But, Dabney told Grimble, it would require a reasonably large party: perhaps some men-at-arms, at least, and other PCs.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#132 Post by Alethan »

sirravd wrote:
Alethan wrote:Correct. I was referring to the earlier venture by Carchannoi, Tyrrell, Gaeron, and Dorath, from which none returned.
Aha, got it. Grimble is quite willing to go with Earc. But, Dabney told Grimble, it would require a reasonably large party: perhaps some men-at-arms, at least, and other PCs.
Still trying to figure out options, but that is definitely something Earc will consider. He's advanced a few times, too, so he would be looking for characters of a similar level. That would maybe reduce the need for a larger group, as well.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Zhym »

So the two options most people are considering are (1) a goblin hole with a possible Hellmouth in the basement and (2) a tower full of goblins where the only other expedition to enter it ended in a TPK?

And we still think the tomb with the ghost princess is too much of a challenge? ;)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Spearmint »

Idriss has the map and notes of the goblin hole that he visited with Foxy. He will offer to join a team, I think if the idea is to 'cleanse the demonic' influence of the place then perhaps Ablesforth the cleric should be the public face of it. Not sure what riches or treasure lie below the first caverns, so he is not promising lots of wealth as a result of joining. A bunch of goblins laired in the place, some giant lizards and rats and zombie s fought for territorial space. Lots of traps about, many still undiscovered. For Idriss the main draw is to rid the place of the seemingly fungal infected undead/demonic ghoul types and explore the temple rooms dedicated to a sea god if I remember correctly.

When he is free after studying new spells, Idriss will be ready to go.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by hedgeknight »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:How about Fingers dons that cloak and just robs Casper? :P
Now, that would not be very nice and you would likely get nothing but coal from St. Nick ;)

Apologies for the long absence fellers, but we'll say Casper White has been very busy studying those dwarven tomes and has discovered some really interesting stuff about dwarven history and Dreadlord Zhint and some evil items that should be destroyed.

How would Casper best reveal all of the information he's gleaned in the past few months of secluded study? Damn, but he needs a few cold beers and the sights and sounds of other folk.

Edit > any adventure where Casper can get his hands on more information re: dead languages or deciphering languages is right up his alley. Helping the spirits of the dead cross over to their final rest sounds intriguing...
Winter is coming...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Marullus »

Welcome back! :)

I think Casper should feel free to begin RPing and revealing things in the tavern. Just coordinate with me in your private forum about your research questions and what you know as a result.

sirravd

#137 Post by sirravd »

Alethan wrote:
sirravd wrote:
Still trying to figure out options, but that is definitely something Earc will consider. He's advanced a few times, too, so he would be looking for characters of a similar level. That would maybe reduce the need for a larger group, as well.
I'll politely remind you of this. :)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Dram »

I have a dwarf looking for adventure.

Dram wrote:Seeking Adventure-Neegan Battleworx Looking for adventure. Able & willing Dwarf recently returned from the Kobold tower mission.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#139 Post by Alethan »

sirravd wrote:
Alethan wrote:
sirravd wrote:
I'll politely remind you of this. :)
Earc has not yet returned from his current adventure. When he gets back, I'm sure he will have some tower maintenance to take care of. Then I'll start thinking about what he will do next. Not before.

Out of curiosity, what level is Grimble right now?

sirravd

#140 Post by sirravd »

Ah, sorry.

Grimble is first level! Hasn't explored a bit.

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”