Expedition Planning Discussions

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition Planning Discussions

#101 Post by Zhym »

Ancient mines? You have Olaf's attention.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Ablesforth will send his share of the treasure back to Gaul with Silent with written instructions. 50gp (or whatever the minimum amount is) goes to the bard, who will sing of his brave companions who watched over him as he lay injured, as well as the baboons, giants, dragons and terrible flies they faced at the lost city.

The rest is to be donated to the Infirmary.

(Funny to play a character that isn't interested in wealth!)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

This is a discussion/ooc thread. You should post that in the ic thread if you want that to be your character's action
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The game thread had been locked. I now notice that Marullus opened another, continuing thread. You make a good point. I'll do a copy/paste.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Marullus »

Noted. I added it on the locked the thread.

Go ahead and write up the story and post it in the Songs of Gaul and then I will award the XP. (Silent isn't really one to relay the tale as he is, well, Silent. I'll allow it, though, withaid of other unnamed NPCs.)

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#106 Post by Fearghus »

Are there other expeditions starting soon? I have a thief in town that is interested in picking up with a group.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Zhym »

I have an MU sitting on the bench. He'd be willing to venture out with a decent-sized party that has at least one cleric.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Marullus »

With Piers, Foxy, and Fingers all heading to town, I see several hooks you could build around. This is all OOC discussion until the PCs bring it up IC in the tavern.

• Guhra's Tower is located. The ArchDuke will offer substantial reward for routing the goblins there who prey on caravans. At least three spellcasters are known to have died there (leaving their tomes), and there's ruins underneath to explore. [Anyone]
  • The Templars of Eruanna are now alerted to demonic activity under the old Goblin Hole for those brave enough to face it. [Idriss, Ablesforth]
  • Foxy is interested in leading a group against the red robed wizards/infernalists west of the Goblin King's Mine. [Foxy]
  • A red dragon has emerged from the Goblin King's Mine, meaning both danger and whispers of a hoard. [Anyone]
  • Clay the Badger Priest speaks of secret knowledge and a quest revealed to him by his goddess, Beith. [Clay]
  • A map reveals the way to the Lost City of Zavarra from before the cataclysm.
  • The ruins of the City of Zhint have been discovered and mapped Northwest of Gaul.
  • A burial tomb on the east side of the river contains spectres bound in eternal litigation, should someone comprehend their dead language and find a way to put them to rest.
  • Ogres and kobolds, seen across the river to the east, have now been seen fording across to make a foothold and threaten the outskirts of Gaul.
  • Orc Clans are now a looming threat to the north, as they thrive on the massive mountain there and turn their eyes southward to notice Gaul.

I will reward someone willing to update the Maps thread will all discoveries so far. :)

There are also some plothooks which Casper White, Priest of Gwanwen, unearthed from the dwarven tomes rescued from the ghouls den. I need to NPC him in the tavern thread to reveal them as soon as I check my notes.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#109 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote:
With Piers, Foxy, and Fingers all heading to town, I see several hooks you could build around. This is all OOC discussion until the PCs bring it up IC in the tavern.

• Guhra's Tower is located. The ArchDuke will offer substantial reward for routing the goblins there who prey on caravans. At least three spellcasters are known to have died there (leaving their tomes), and there's ruins underneath to explore. [Anyone]
  • The Templars of Eruanna are now alerted to demonic activity under the old Goblin Hole for those brave enough to face it. [Idriss, Ablesforth]
  • Foxy is interested in leading a group against the red robed wizards/infernalists west of the Goblin King's Mine. [Foxy]
  • A red dragon has emerged from the Goblin King's Mine, meaning both danger and whispers of a hoard. [Anyone]
  • Clay the Badger Priest speaks of secret knowledge and a quest revealed to him by his goddess, Beith. [Clay]
  • A map reveals the way to the Lost City of Zavarra from before the cataclysm.
  • The ruins of the City of Zhint have been discovered and mapped Northwest of Gaul.
  • A burial tomb on the east side of the river contains spectres bound in eternal litigation, should someone comprehend their dead language and find a way to put them to rest.
  • Ogres and kobolds, seen across the river to the east, have now been seen fording across to make a foothold and threaten the outskirts of Gaul.
  • Orc Clans are now a looming threat to the north, as they thrive on the massive mountain there and turn their eyes southward to notice Gaul.

I will reward someone willing to update the Maps thread will all discoveries so far. :)

There are also some plothooks which Casper White, Priest of Gwanwen, unearthed from the dwarven tomes rescued from the ghouls den. I need to NPC him in the tavern thread to reveal them as soon as I check my notes.

Plothook 1 will absolutely draw Earc to head out to Guhra's Tower with a party, presumably to help rid the area of goblin raiders and recover spell component supplies the raiders stole, but surreptitiously to recover three magic user spellbooks. He would be happy to lead the expedition and would want, at minimum, three fighters (veterans preferred) and two healers (NPC or PC) and probably a good thief. Another caster wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

The Lost City of Zavarra might be something for a strong group of people to tackle once we can build a party of 5th and 6th level characters?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Zhym »

Pendleton Kettleworth really wants to check out that burial tomb. He has a read languages spell, so maybe we could make sense of some of what's there.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#111 Post by Fearghus »

Alethan wrote:...and probably a good thief.
How about a neutral thief? :D

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#112 Post by Alethan »

As long as he's a good neutral thief!

Bad neutral thieves might not work out. ;)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#113 Post by Alethan »

And neutral thieves who pass on treasure are always welcome.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Spearmint »

The Dukes old sage also spoke to Idriss regarding an expedition to the pinnacle mountain and search the area for entrances to mines below I recall and Amistad will want to consolidate his logging business before heading upriver in a large canoe. We have also yet to discover more about the Morlocks who dwell in the tunnels cut below the forest. The hybrid creatures stem from their experiments and the team there only just scratched the surface (well, just below the surface) of the issue.

Lost city of Zhint and Zavarra.....both in the same place, thriving at the same time or from different epochs?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Marullus »

Spearmint wrote:Lost city of Zhint and Zavarra.....both in the same place, thriving at the same time or from different epochs?
The elven map was made when Zhint was still a place but when Zavarra (a pre-cataclysm ruin) was already long lost. The map shows them in different be places (likely a few days apart).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Zhym »

Has this happened yet?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Marullus »

No.... Realistically, I am not likely to get to this proactively.

Instead, how about I add "Dwarf historian annals on the Fall of Zhint" to the research options for the Sage? Then I will answer queries you pay to ask.

Yeah?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

How about Fingers dons that cloak and just robs Casper? :P

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Zhym »

I think that falls under "the town is not the adventure." :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Let's lure him into the wilderness as a retainer and mug him there instead!

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”