OOC Chatter I

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter I

#641 Post by Marullus »

Because we know every PC in the game is in town on July 1st, so can participate in the event.

With a future date, I won't know if expeditions returned or not (they typically lag behind town-time), limiting participation.

A question is.... Are you as players interested in acting on this event? I am assuming you are and preserving the option. If not, I can just narrate an outcome and move on.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#642 Post by Zhym »

I dunno. When a red dragon comes a-calling to town, my PCs might rather be somewhere else. :D

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#643 Post by Alethan »

Can Earc be the level he is now? :D If so, then yeah! If not? Then probably yeah, too.

Bandy would be around, as well. He'd love to see a red dragon.

What's my other character? Rhybek. That's right. He'd stay in town for that, as well.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#644 Post by Zhym »

Come to think of it, Pendleton might welcome a chance to practice speaking in dragon. He's studied it, but hasn't really had much of a chance to use it conversationally. ;)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#645 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Conversational Dragon - Languages of magical creatures 201
Course Description: Students will travel to the northern-most regions of the land and meet dragons in their natural habitat. Among the currently known dragons is Scatha the Scourge, an ancient red dragon who has left past participants dumb-founded with his eloquence.

Along with dragons, participants will have opportunities to meet all manner of magical and hybrid creatures. No guarantee of friendliness.

Participants must have an up to date physical, as safety is not guaranteed. Maidens earn 3 extra credits.

Prerequisites: Self defense. (Hide in Shadows encouraged, but not required)

Course Instructor: Hagrid

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#646 Post by Marullus »

:) :lol:

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#647 Post by Stirling »

Is it worth noting that Piers, Malenor and Dabney returned to Gaul on 8th July, trekking to 'Clive's Cleft' but falling short of Guhra's Tower. Are these characters also in town (and in game?)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#648 Post by Marullus »

Yes, they would also be in town, but the players have been inactive. I'd like to encourage Valdus, Feargus, Jerneau35, Zorroroaster, and Fidget76 to get a character and join back in.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#649 Post by Starbeard »

I'm busy with the start of term and don't expect to be able to post until Saturday. NPC Grizzle Miss if needed.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#650 Post by hedgeknight »

My posting is quite sparse, not from wanting to be, but rather school this year is draining and demanding, and when I get home, I rarely even touch my computer. I'm hoping things will get "in a groove" in the next few weeks.
Winter is coming...

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: EVENT: The Trial of Bremen - 19 June 2021

#651 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Out of curiosity, do witnesses take an oath to tell the truth? Or is that more of an Eruanna thing?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: EVENT: The Trial of Bremen - 19 June 2021

#652 Post by Marullus »

Yes, they are sworn to tell the truth before Baudh. In a world where the Gods have tangible impact, anyone knowingly lying in this situation can expect some kind of direct effect on their life.

The difference is legal jurisprudence - under Baudh, the witnesses testify and truth is determined by due process. Under Eruanna, priests pray about it for divine inspiration and pronounce the result. Bremen is accused of the infernal under Baudh and they prepared a week and are holding a trial. Foxy was accused of the infernal under Eruanna - she was taken into custody while she slept, investigated via divine revelation, and the verdict known before she woke -- to which Foxy was simply expected to confess.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#653 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Super busy day. Sorry for the delay in the trial. I'll mostly ask Markd to actually answer some of those questions Bremen asked, like why the mob attacked him and he got branded, and if he was the first person to approach the first voice and what it said to him. So if Onlyme wants to just address those questions, he could do that. ;)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#654 Post by onlyme »

Whose side are you on... no good lawyer asks a question he doesn't know the answer to...:)

Markd is trying to be somewhat vague...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#655 Post by Marullus »

I think you could resolve it with a post either way... Bremen is pressing you IC. You either elaborate or post that he is being intentionally evasive and that's all he's gonna get. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#656 Post by Zhym »

Pendleton would have coached him that trying to be vague when answering questions on the stand rarely helps and often hurts.

But then, Markd isn't exactly a model client. Good thing Pendleton represents the church, not Markd. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#657 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

onlyme wrote:Whose side are you on... no good lawyer asks a question he doesn't know the answer to...:)

Markd is trying to be somewhat vague...
Who said I was a lawyer at all!?!? And the only law shows I ever watched were a couple episodes of Matlock.

Bremen does know about the voice at the Fountain. It addressed Markd first, then, when the rest of us entered, the accusations changed. It is the deal Markd made to get us through that I don't know. ;)

Edit: also, as Marullus said, just past if that is all Markd will say on a matter. I want sure if you'd missed part of the question.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#658 Post by Dram »

If we create a new character for the Scatha fight are they going to be a higher level to at least have a chance of survival?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#659 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Bluehorse and I just made level 1 maidens for this. Bad idea? :?

:P

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”