OOC Chatter I

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter I

#521 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Well... The good news is that, if both parties return and make a memorial to those two characters, my next one might enter the game at (or really darned close to) level 2. :roll:

Stupid dice roller!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#522 Post by Starbeard »

I think you should break with convention and just PC Mors as your next character. ;)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#523 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

[Blatant, self-interested Suggestion]It seems like a character would have a better chance of surviving death if they were father from it at the time of poisoning. Perhaps a bonus to the role for each HP above 0 you are when you get poisoned? Or 1 die point for every 2-3 HP? [/Blatant, self-interested Suggestion] :oops:

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#524 Post by Marullus »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:[Blatant, self-interested Suggestion]It seems like a character would have a better chance of surviving death if they were father from it at the time of poisoning. Perhaps a bonus to the role for each HP above 0 you are when you get poisoned? Or 1 die point for every 2-3 HP? [/Blatant, self-interested Suggestion] :oops:
...nah. ;)

The poison mechanic is designed in the game to inspire terror as it bypasses the hit point system - some things are a scary threat no matter how many HD a PC has.

We've added the "Save vs Death" mechanic to make "death" slightly less fatal than normal OD&D and I'm okay adding to that. The more HD you have, the better your Savings Throws are, so that's already accounted. By allowing two chances (Poison Roll and Death Roll) your chances of success are geometrically better.

...Even high level characters face a swarm of giant killer bees with nothing but sheer terror.

(Note that this change is for poison, not for magical stuff like petrifying to stone. If you meet the basilisk, you can still be screwed with only a single savings throw.)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#525 Post by Alethan »

Sometimes the dice roller gods suck, Rusty. :(

The joy of RPG is that your next character may be more fun than the last one! :D
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#526 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Alethan wrote:Sometimes the dice roller gods suck, Rusty. :(
I'll be sure to lodge a complaint with the next admin I see. ;)

Looking forward to seeing out with someone new ASAP.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#527 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Alethan wrote:Sometimes the dice roller gods suck, Rusty. :(
I'll be sure to lodge a complaint with the next admin I see. ;)

Looking forward to seeing out with someone new ASAP.
Ha! I have no advanced portal to the dice roller! I get shitty rolls just as much as the next guy! ;)

That said, two PC deaths in the same RL week sucks. Believe it or not, the other players don't like to see it, either.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#528 Post by Stirling »

maybe the failed save for Bremen is divine justice for his triage of Brother Kells!

Baudh remembers that the brave captain picked up the young priest and ran down the hill with him, thus opening up his already grievous wounds and so he bled to death, covering up is intention to actually sped the clerics demise rather than stay another few days until the impatient and over zealous youth recovered. And what did the party do after they buried the cleric under a remote cairn....wait a few days while they recovered....

still you have hope, someone can take your body back and exchange death with you...any takers?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#529 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote: The bone pile shifts, bits of dwarven armor and rivulets of bone-dust cascading down as it does so. Something is moving underneath, something is crawling out. Mushrooms pop up on the cave floor around it, growing and then popping to spray spores. Tendrils of vines unfurl through the bone dust, then wilt. The overpowering smell of loamy earth pervades the room, overcoming the goblin stench. After several minutes an amorphous ball of flesh and fur pokes through. It appears to be stretching, evolving, until finally it pulls completely out of the death-mound - a giant badger, about five feet long.
Hahaha... what????

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#530 Post by Marullus »

Always read the fine print...
The primary tenant of Beith .... does not hold much of a carrot for humans and demihumans, who focus on their own self-interests, believing they are inherently superior to insects, birds, fish, etc.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#531 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Didn't I help write the fine print? You'd think I remember. :P

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#532 Post by Marullus »

Stirling wrote:maybe the failed save for Bremen is divine justice for his triage of Brother Kells!
Baudh remembers all. ;)

Fortunately for Bremen, it turns out that Rusty is incompetent at math.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#533 Post by Zhym »

This is going to be an insanely busy week for me. I may not have time to post. Please NPC my characters as needed.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#534 Post by Marullus »

Thanks for letting us know and good luck!

I also will be busy, so you might not miss much. I've got a full week of 14 hour days ahead of me. I will try to get as many updates in over lunch breaks at work as I can. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#535 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The animal... has a scaly light green hide and a body shaped like a dog's. Its face resembles that of a human mixed with a canine in disturbing ways. It has a frill around its neck and a pair of large bat-like wings.
I worry about you, Marullus. Where the hell are you coming up with these things? :mrgreen:

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#536 Post by Marullus »

You ever see this guy?
http://www.hrgiger.com/

HE scare me. :)

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#537 Post by Valdus »

Hail and well met, I am Valdus and will (hopefully) be playing, C'ang, a dwarf. I am glad to be playing in the old school leagues once again.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#538 Post by onlyme »

Welcome... Hope you enjoy it.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#539 Post by Alethan »

Welcome to the game, Valdus! We love seeing new blood in the game! (Hopefully not your character's blood, of course.)

I think you're signed up for one of the best games on the forum.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#540 Post by Valdus »

I purchased Labyrinth Lord (I just had to see the art) in pdf, and I am rather astonished and comforted by how simple and elegant the rules once were and thanks to this system, still are. It was even a comfort to see that great font once again.

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”