OOC Chatter I

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter I

#481 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Marullus wrote:It was a brave move, nonetheless. You should have SEEN the blow to that ladder....
You should have seen the look that ladder had given him. ;)

It seemed to Able that we'd need to fight them sooner or later, so taking them in small bites seemed the wiser plan, rather than waiting until they were massed in the top floor of the building. In retrospect, with Idriss walking away, Neegan reloading, Fingers retrieving his bow and Rhybek running away from the fight, most anything else would have been better. :roll:

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by Marullus »

The difference between leading the charge and going it alone is very thin. :lol:

Sage wisdom: "If you're leading and nobody is following, you're just taking a walk."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#483 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'd say, "live and learn," but that might be wholly inaccurate. :roll:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by Zhym »

Learn and live?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by Marullus »

Divine might of Eruanna for the win - Rusty reminded me that he had indeed leveled up (but didn't mark it on his sheet for me, tsk tsk) and benefits from Protection from Evil. That -1AC bonus erased two of the four successful attacks against him. Now, that is a lucky turn of events. :oops:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Zhym »

Hey, Lab Lord doesn't have the rule that fighters get one attack per level against monsters with under 1 HD, does it?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#487 Post by Marullus »

Nope. That's one of the rules that makes me prefer OSRIC. :)

In Lab Lord, fighters get 1/level until level 15. I give them a second attack at level 5 here as a house rule.

I also allowed "cleave" as an option on a critical hit (which is why Fingers killed two Kobolds with one shot).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#488 Post by Zhym »

Marullus wrote:In Lab Lord, fighters get 1/level until level 15
Do you mean 1/round? Otherwise I can't make sense of it.

I do like the rule that lets fighters get an attack per level per round vs. low level mooks. I've only been able to take advantage of it a couple of times (partly because I usually don't play fighters), but it just feels heroic to take out several enemies in one round. And it really helps mid-level fighters hold their own when magic users are starting to turn into mass extermination machines.

Not arguing for a house rule, of course. Just talkin' rules.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by Zhym »

Marullus wrote:First, I want to say thank you for participating in this adventure. We just reached our one-year mark! It was a year-ago tomorrow that I opened the Tavern for in-character activity and the first player characters entered the game world.

Since then you've made 9,477 posts in this game! (That's 2,312 since I last gave a bonus at Christmas!) Every character currently active in an expedition will again get a 500xp award. (I'll add these a bit later, but be happy about them now. :) )

I am excited to be approaching the 10,000 post mark for the game. My birthday is the first weekend in May. If you reach the total by then with IC posts, I'll figure out a prize. :)

Second, this is one of those busy weeks for me when I need to avoid distractions to meet my deadlines. :oops: I am going to try to avoid the game this week until after I've finished my work. :? Please forgive me and fear not - I'll return in May to my normal posting habits and resume activity on all the expeditions.
So, if we can manage 523 IC posts in a week when the DM's mostly gone, we all get a prize. Got it. :D

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by Marullus »

Hey, I gave you a Festival and you have five expeditions where characters can talk. ;) That's only 88 posts per thread!

I'm just saying it would be a nice birthday present. :D

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#491 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

One of my characters is unconscious and all but one of the other characters in that expedition is an NPC. Except for Bandy, but he isn't with us...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#492 Post by Alethan »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:One of my characters is unconscious and all but one of the other characters in that expedition is an NPC. Except for Bandy, but he isn't with us...
No, but he's talking to himself like nobody's business right now. Well... trying to stay hidden, so THINKING to himself in an IC outloud sort of way. ;) But disjointed, with multiple posts.

If only you lot hadn't concerned yourselves with all of those secret passages... You might be reunited with Bandy and his amassed treasures! ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I blame Markd. It's his name at the top of the adventure. He steered us wrong. :P

In character, it seemed the right choices to make. Something as valuable as the relic... Of course it would be well hidden. Next to skeletons, ghouls and ghasts... Hopefully this fountain-thing will restore us, give us the relic and magically transport us back out of the tower (or show us a secret passage out. Bremen is sick of being there.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by Dram »

Alethan wrote:No, but he's talking to himself like nobody's business right now. Well... trying to stay hidden, so THINKING to himself in an IC outloud sort of way. ;) But disjointed, with multiple posts.

If only you lot hadn't concerned yourselves with all of those secret passages... You might be reunited with Bandy and his amassed treasures! ;)

Amassed treasures I think picked the adventure to go on? :lol:
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#495 Post by Alethan »

Dram wrote:
Alethan wrote:No, but he's talking to himself like nobody's business right now. Well... trying to stay hidden, so THINKING to himself in an IC outloud sort of way. ;) But disjointed, with multiple posts.

Amassed treasures I think picked the adventure to go on? :lol:
Indeed! :D

I mean... it's still guarded. But it's all together in one place.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#496 Post by Alethan »

Somehow I don't think we amassed the required 523 IC posts before yesterday evening. :-\

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#497 Post by Marullus »

You still have 356 to go. :lol:

While my birthday has passed, I'll still ponder what gifts to give when you break the 10,000 post barrier. I'm slowly getting back up to speed on the expeditions, but you are both welcomed and encouraged to kick up some fun in the Festival thread. I like when you guys get creative. :D

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Happy belated birthday, Marullus! Hope it was great. :)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by Spearmint »

could be away from keyboard for a few days after tomorrow. NPC Idriss and Amistad if needed.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#500 Post by Alethan »

Bump?

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”