OOC Chatter I

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter I

#721 Post by Zhym »

I don't see those options as entirely mutually exclusive. For example, Gaul could always be a safe zone, but limited. As players gain levels, they will want to do things we can't do in Gaul right now. The place to do those things will be somewhere other than Gaul. So as the game progresses, Gaul becomes less important, but still safe. Instead of changing Gaul, we change where the action happens—sort of like how an MMORPG player moves from the newb tutorial zone into more dangerous and interesting zones.

To me, having the drama center in Gaul itself makes the world feel small. It (should be) a big world out there, with cities that make Gaul look like...well, a small outpost of a displaced southerner. Optimally, advancement in levels would also mean expanding the game world, not concentrating even more on the little town.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#722 Post by Marullus »

I agree that focusing on Gaul makes the world seem small.

I see this choice as fundamentally making the game ABOUT Gaul in a way that DOES make it small.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#723 Post by Marullus »

After discussing with Onlyme, I've adjusted the action in the trial thread. He had the opportunity to reclaim his knife due to the OOC confusion involved. Pendleton was paid for his legal services. Bremen still escapes in the confusion.

I see general consensus that the gameworld should remain dynamic. Players will expand play areas through their own actions and I encourage them to do so. Gaul will become smaller and less significant in the process, remaining the link to the southlands.

Further thoughts from anyone?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#724 Post by Zhym »

The town will diminish, stay just north of the mountains, and remain Gaul.

Seems reasonable to me.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#725 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I think that it is only natural for every chara ter to be able to fully influence the game world, Gaul included. But with the caveat that Gaul should still be a safe place. Sure, a character might burn a few bridges in town, alienating a specific church or even the Duke, but in all, everyone should always be, at the least, tolerated in town.

Foxy is a prime example of this. She has managed to alienate her church and the Red Keep, but was still accepted at the Infirmary and tended to, and then still admitted to the Keep and even given armor. This "never fully ostracized" element will allow characters to find redemption, as it were, re-ingratiating themselves into Gaul.

I accept that Bremen is a special case and may never be allowed back into the fold. And, of course, there may be more in the future.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#726 Post by Marullus »

As was pointed out earlier, Bremen's status with the church of Baudh is harmed (though questionably, given the confusion of the knife scenario), but the ArchDuke hasn't weighed in. I'm interested in seeing Bremen decide a route to establishing diplomatic relations between the White Tower and Gaul. :)

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”