OOC Chatter I

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter I

#621 Post by Marullus »

Stirling wrote:Foxy O'Hare

"Leave it be, the trogs will only see a nice black and white pelt wandering in ready to be carved up for display in front of the cooking hearth. Let us go without seeking to provoke their wrath."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well played. :) Sending in a badger to negotiate WILL have some interesting responses. (Though, with the Beith bonus, he IS a lovable badger.)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#622 Post by Spearmint »

"Dragon eggs for sale, makes good omelette. On menu at the Golden Shield Cavern Tavern"
:lol:

just walk up to the dragon and say"Kill me!"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#623 Post by Dram »

I will be out for the weekend. NPC my character if needed.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#624 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Bremen's opening speech will need to wait until this evening. Sorry.

Nice speech, Zhym. Wish it had been Olaf though. :P

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#625 Post by Zhym »

Thanks.

And it just occurred to me that Breman's trial could explain why Pendleton would go on a demon-hunting expedition. It must have piqued his interest in studying the ways of demons!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#626 Post by onlyme »

I will be at an company conference next week in tropical Canada and will possibly not be as responsive about posting. Feel free to NPC as necessary.

General guidelines: Please be funny, keep the PC alive, and find all the hidden treasure I would have missed.

I should be able to post a few times along the way. Especially to at least tell the truth on behalf of Markd. I dont think I can trust Pendleton or Bremen to do it for him :)
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#627 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Wrong deity, is why. :D Have a good trip!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#628 Post by Marullus »

Totally awesome opening, Zhym. :) Well done! I am unduly excited to see how this trial unfolds.

With Only me away for the weekend, I guess Pendleton just needs to post his opening questions for Markd and they'll get answered on Monday.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#629 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Did Foxy O'Hare just get Feebleminded!? :o :cry:

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#630 Post by Stirling »

Foxy doesn't know

but what she would know is that the dragon is not called C'ang.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#631 Post by Stirling »

ooh! the other thing I just thought about, regarding wether the animals Bluebelle and Peck and Asaala went into the trogs cave is that in a tight confined space the horses would have no space to turn around so had to be driven out backwards, hence the hoof prints only lead one way.

Maybe they did survive a month in the wilderness after all, returning to Gaul with the Piers expedition?

100xp bonus for working it out?

and Scatha the Wyrm (or C'ang the Grate) hadn't razed Gaul to the ground by time Amistad's morlock expedition return mid way through July which would have been after the first demand for maidens was not met.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#632 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hey Stirling. Whether Foxy is cured or not, I believe it is time for you to roll up another character. :)

I was wondering if that might be the case for those pack animals, actually.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#633 Post by Marullus »

Stirling wrote:and Scatha the Wyrm (or C'ang the Grate) hadn't razed Gaul to the ground by time Amistad's morlock expedition return mid way through July which would have been after the first demand for maidens was not met.
So, yes, this will be an obvious hiccup in the timeline. The Trial of Bremen is happening as an Event on 18 June and the Coming of Scatha will happen as an Event on 01 July. I'll open that up depending what actions Baxtaw and Halfpint take in notifying the ArchDuke. (I've been wrestling with these logistics.) Actually, I'll open that Event thread now to handle the Telling of the ArchDuke through the Coming of Scatha, keeping prep for the event contiguous with the event itself.
Rusty Tincanne wrote:I was wondering if that might be the case for those pack animals, actually.
It is an interesting theory. :) They found Gwegwin and Norp, however, not Bluebell and Asala. It was up to your expedition if Bluebell and Asala get rescued.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#634 Post by Zhym »

Able's expedition left on July 14. Does that mean we know the Coming of Scatha left the town un..uh...scathad?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#635 Post by Alethan »

Zhym wrote:Able's expedition left on July 14. Does that mean we know the Coming of Scatha left the town un..uh...scathad?
*groan*
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#636 Post by Marullus »

It is not a given that it is unscathed. :)

When the EVENT threads for the Trial of Bremen and the Coming of Scatha reach culminating actions, those on expeditions that left after the dates in question will retroactively know about it. We'll just deal with that time wonkiness.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#637 Post by Alethan »

Marullus,

In the thread titles, it says "Down the Morlock Hole II" starts on 06 July 2021.

Shouldn't that be 06 June 2021?

Because otherwise Blackjack and Olaf and Earc would leave for their expedition AFTER the dragon is expected to come back for his sacrifice...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#638 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Why not have Scatha demand all this stuff happen later? He could be a cool dragon and, you know, give the town an extra month. 8-)

It would alleviate some of these issues...

Otherwise, there has better be a freaking red flag flying over the Keep while Bremen is in it, or that dragon will need to answer to Baudhil. Not that a deal was ever made with any infernal entities.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#639 Post by Marullus »

Alethan wrote:Marullus,

In the thread titles, it says "Down the Morlock Hole II" starts on 06 July 2021.

Shouldn't that be 06 June 2021?

Because otherwise Blackjack and Olaf and Earc would leave for their expedition AFTER the dragon is expected to come back for his sacrifice...
...not a typo - Blackjack and Earc are the ones who broke the clock to begin with. When everyone else went on expeditions in early June, you two engaged in construction projects and personal research which advanced your clocks, and thus the town clocks, into July when you then kicked off an expedition before the others caught up.
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Why not have Scatha demand all this stuff happen later? He could be a cool dragon and, you know, give the town an extra month. 8-)
That's what I've been wrestling with. I originally was going for the full moon, but that would've had a virgin be demanded before Bremen's trial even began, and that made my head hurt. By pushing to new moon, I can have the clock almost caught up.

Either way I need to hand-waive something. Right now, I'm opting to have it be an Event in late June/early July because the maximum amount of characters will be in town (having arrived back and staying around to catch up with the clock). As long as nobody dies in the Events, my hand-waive can be "and they got better before their next expedition left town." I think I like that better than hand-waiving it into the future-time and then having it happen when few or no PCs are in town to participate because you've all left on expeditions again (which we also want).

I'm open to argument, though.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#640 Post by Zhym »

It seems like it would be a lot easier to have events that haven't happened yet take place in the future. Why complicate the timeline any more than it already is?

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”