OOC Chatter I

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chatter I

#581 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Alethan wrote:er... and badger.
Marullus wrote:Friendly and Hostile are equally terrifying results where dragons are concerned.... ;)
In case you hadn't noticed, Clay is a GIANT badger! Surely that is something for any creature to consider before messing with him. 8-)

...or was that a relative term? :?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#582 Post by Alethan »

In regards to an ancient red dragon, I think a giant badger is still probably just like a kernel of corn - something that might get caught between a tooth and gums...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by Spearmint »

just lurking in that forum, see Stirling playing fiery Foxy to type. (didn't he chuck a pebble at a gargoyle and then go, "Oh I thought it was only a dog sized statue?" not some great winged beast that bit him in half).

Having said that, nice to see the ladies of that group making a stand and a good impression...so far.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#584 Post by Marullus »

Stirling's characters do tend to boldness. :) Like I said above, though, risk correlates with reward. The potential gains have come to those taking risk and surviving. Foxy O'Hare has driven a lot of story. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#585 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

... and been carried back to town on her death bed. Twice. :lol:

Great intro from her though. I hope the dragon doesn't end up wanting that shield...

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#586 Post by Stirling »

oh, the only thing of value she has IS the shield. Hence she made it twinkle and glitter in the morning sunlight to catch the dragons eye. We have nothing to offer save for some iconic trophy (she was going to use it as a tribute gift for it is too heavy to wield effectively), and a promise that we will make the dragons name great and awesome in the legends we build.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#587 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Nice play. (I hope.) But just a ride? Doesn't she have a vendetta against Brother Mylo? :twisted:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#588 Post by Zhym »

Marullus wrote:As the noon hour approaches, you pause, hearing the trotting of horses. You look towards the river bank and see a group of nine men, each bare chested with the bottom half of a horse, pause as they come over the next rise. They look at you. You look at them. They seem to be waiting for your reaction.
A man-horse? What crazy critter mashup will Marullus come up with next?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#589 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

It's lucky they weren't mistaken as a morlock creation.

Maybe the reason they don't like morlocks is because the centaurs aren't so unique now. Anything can become a hybrid.

EDIT how much of Earc and Blackjack's expeditions are public knowledge? I haven't seen any IC posts about their findings other than the captive Morlock. Clay would be really interested in finding pixies and centaurs and the nymph (though he might be better off abiding her...), But I don't know if he has any knowledge of their existence.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by Marullus »

Part of offering Expedition XP is that it makes at least some details of an expedition public. Look at the Tales thread for what story was told.

Also, you can seek out any NPC who went with an Expedition and lived. Alcide the River Ranger is a wealth of knowledge and tales. :-D

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#591 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Yeah. I read through those but none mentioned the Pixies. (Or Black Francis, and the Breeders, for that matter. :rolleyes: ) Which is why I was wondering what else might have been whispered about. But it mentions the Morlocks, which is reason enough for Clay to find him.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by Marullus »

I am consistently amazed at what the dice let you all get away with. It proves the point that the difference between "thrilling heroics" and "pure dumb luck" is often negligibly thin. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#593 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Yeah. That fumble was nicely timed. Hope Clay can grab the tooth. That will be worth a tidy sum. Hopefully everyone makes it back alive to split the profits.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#594 Post by Valdus »

And C'ang is gone, exit stage DRAGON!!!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#595 Post by Marullus »

Certainly the most glorious and dramatic PC death we've had so far!

Gwanwen's Glorious Death Roster:

Kellstrom: Slain by unsafe movement while being carried unconscious (after chucking a rock at a gargoyle)
Carchannoi: Knocked out by a lone goblin wielding a stone candlestick.
Tyrrell: Brained by a goblin-thrown chamberpot while blinded.
Gaeron: Bled out on floor while companions all fought a zombie.
Dorath: Bled out on floor while companions all fought a zombie.
C'ang: Swallowed whole after charging straight into a dragon's maw with naught by his axe and a dwarven battlecry!
Valdus wrote:Already thinking of what new character to roll. Lol
If you want to roll a new member of Clan Derr'Thorn, that's part of Moldvay tradition officially sanctioned in Lab Lord Basic...
Character Inheritance
Characters die. The Labyrinth Lord might allow players to
create a will for their characters, to leave treasure behind for
an heir. If this is done, the treasure must be stored with a
reputable bank, which will charge a total of 10% of the
treasure for their services. A player might try to leave money
to an heir through less safe means, such as burying it and
leaving a map behind, but this is more risky. A characterÊs heir
has to be a new 1st level character, and a player is only
allowed to leave a character inheritance one time.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#596 Post by Valdus »

Inheritance sounds good but alas isn't his axe IN a dragon?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by Marullus »

Valdus wrote:Inheritance sounds good but alas isn't his axe IN a dragon?
...Unless you had the forsight to give it the magical ability to make it unlosable, always finding it's way back to it's rightful owner.

Seemed far less useful when you did that. I think it is appropos here.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#598 Post by Valdus »

“The great Derr’Thorn clan knows no death. For the great line of dwarf to dwarf is vast and unbroken. The crimson hair of the Derr’Thorn has been with the woodlands and foothills for centuries reaching back to the past. It has always been like this under the watchful eye of Hess.”

OOC: As soon as the proper mourning time is over Ill roll another dwarf.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#599 Post by Starbeard »

Marullus wrote:Half-pint finds a suitable clearing outside in a patch of woods among the rolling hills. Baxtaw, Half-pint and Shortbread get Foxy moved out and situated leaving markers so that Clay and Grizzly will be able to find them.
This happened at 3:30pm, and Clay & Grizzly will show up at 11pm. Do we assume that they interpret the marks correctly, or will we have to roll a probability for it? I'm not sure about Clay, but I'm certainly not interested in having Grizzly stick around the campsite once she sees that there was a fight and everyone's gone. She'll either follow the trail if she notices it, or otherwise camp somewhere else and then head straight for home the next day.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#600 Post by Marullus »

We will assume you interpret the marks correctly. It was a "say yes" moment - I don't see merit in making it hard to find their new camp. I rolled their encounter chance, though, and the wolf encounter happened in the period where Foxy awoke but before you can arrive to help. What you find at 11:00 depends if they survive.

Return to “Lab Lord: The North Marches”