It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 1940
'Blackjack' Amistad

"There are these log rolling traps. I guess they will collapse the place. It looks unsound anyway so folk moving here will need to rebuild. If we clear their nests will they just move on and roost elsewhere in the forest. Killing them is fine if we can eat them afterwards, Reinder meat and goose sounds like festive fayre to me. Bet Mrs Frogmorton would love to breed some of these for the townsfolk banquets." says Amistad. He will help clear a few out and chop a few heads off but would not favour an outright extermination plan. It is not the hybrids fault they have been captured and breed. Where do you draw the line? half orcs, half-elves? half humans?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8172
I love that you asked Clay that question. :)

Holding for actions.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
If you're interested, I'll tell you what I know later. It was a vision from Beith, and lays out the boundaries you ask about. But for now, know that the morlocks are using her conduit to this world, creating these magical abominations. And eventually I aim to correct that, but for now I'll deal with these things here. He admits he does not have much he can offer to help in dispatching the antlered fowl, aside from healing, Morr's teeth and Clarabelle's arrows. If things look bad, I'll call on Beith to create a thick fog to confuse these things. Just don't get lost in it... Before the fighting commences, Clay responds to Blackjack again, You can eat as many of these things as you can gorge yourself on. There's no reason they shouldn't sustain, I reckon.

Clarabelle, Rhybek and anyone else is free to start peppering them with arrows. Unless folks want to start with the spiders, or anyone wants to try going up to the second floor or roof first.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
"Then let's do it!"

Lug readies his boring, everyday, off-the-weapon-rack longbow with a wistful sigh. Standing back from the door about 30 feet, he aims at any moose-goose he can get a bead on through the door, and looses an arrow—

Longbow (THAC0 18): [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4

—that mostly proves he can hit the broad side of a barn, provided he's aiming at something else.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
A seasoned hunter from the farm, Clarabelle looses an arrow at one of the largest creatures, then ducks back out of the doorway a moment.

Longbow (THACO 19): [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16, [1d8] = 8
Marullus, you never mentioned how many of these things there are. And arrow deducted.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12872
Location: Midwest
Rhybek lets loose a bolt from his crossbow.

Light Crossbow THAC018 [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16 Damage [1d6] = 6

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8172
Quote:
a dozen birds are here, covered in muted green feathers with a body shaped like a goose's.


Lug shoots the wall while Clarabelle and Rhybek shoot through the doorway, impaling two of the larger meese-geese. The injured animals let out a honking bellow which sends the birds into a frenzied panic. Massive birds -- now clearly twice the size of turkeys -- come exploding out of the building by the door, window, and open roof hatch panicked and trying to escape.


Date: 9:51am, 18 July 2021
Light: Daylight (outside)
Distance: None
Injuries: Amistad (minor damage)



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 1940
was there a trap on that window?

Amistad aims at a fleeing meese and fires an orc fletched arrow into its' meaty succulent breast. He is impressed by their size, "Hey we should trade these big critters with the One-eyed Cyclops at their cave farm!"

Amistad with orc longbow. [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 damage [1d8] = 6


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
Lug lowers his ordinary, boring bow. "Aw, man. It's no fun when they don't fight back."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:41 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12872
Location: Midwest
Rhybek attempts to take down the nearest one, now very suddenly hungry for a meese-goose dinner with all of the fixings...

Battle Axe THAC018 [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5 Damage [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
As Clarabelle tries another shot at the escaping flock, Clay and Morr wait for trained eyes to go in and look for traps in the now-empty barn.

Longbow (THACO 19): [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6, [1d8] = 6


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8172
Amistad's second arrow brings down one of the injured meese-geese, its large form flopping to the earth outside the doorway. The frighteningly-large wingspans of the others as they flap to freedom deflect the attacks from Rhybek and Clarabelle, Lug opting not to shoot a fleeing animal.

The group enters the now-empty lower level of the sawmill, finding a second of the creatures skewered by an arrow in the window opposite the door, also dead. A search finds the shelves covered with large nests which contain 17 large, speckled eggs, but nothing else of real value.

Date: 10:10am, 18 July 2021
Light: Daylight (outside)
Distance: None
Injuries: Amistad (minor damage)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12872
Location: Midwest
Rhybek reloads his crossbow and then examines some of the eggs. He spins one to see if it spins evenly or lopsided (fertilized or unfertilized).

"If they're new eggs, they could be good eatin'. But if they've been nesting 'em a while, we don't need to open these..."

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
But they're bound to come back here if there's a reason. Clay starts to roll the eggs out the door, into the courtyard. Despite his conviction that it is necessary, he takes no joy in killing.

Clarabelle retrieves her arrow. Do we roll for that in this game?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8172
The eggs appear to be fresh and unfertilized.

No rolls, it is opportunity-based. If you have time to hunt for them you are fine.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
Okay then. She'll retrieve the arrow inside the barn for now. Clay will clear out any eggs the others don't gather up to eat. Are there barn doors to close up? If so, Clay will do that to keep the meese-geese from returning.

Once done with the nests, Clay asks if the group is interested in checking on the possibility of golden eggs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
Lug puls his arrow out of the side of the barn and checks whether it's still usable.

"Mmm. Eggs. We got any pans big enough for these bad boys?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8172
Lug realizes that the wide cook-pans he saw earlier in the tower are perfect for these eggs, then puts together that this is probably what they were for, the eggs being suitable for feeding quite a few kobolds.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
Lug

"Oh, man. Now I want an omelette. Hey, you think those moose goose things will come back after a while?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am
Posts: 1940
'Blackjack' Amistad

"We should incubate a couple of eggs so we can hatch them later."Amistad says and begins plucking or skinning the ready to roast game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group