[Scenario 1] The Edge of Darkness

MI70
Scout
Scout

Re: [Scenario 1] The Edge of Darkness

#281 Post by MI70 »

Jed

"Yeehaw!" Jed cries, "We did it!" Then reality sinks in.
He turns more somber, dabbing his eyes with his ragged stained handkerchief, "Fer you Professor," he mutters.
"The things we've seen . . . Terrible . . . Miss Hyacinth, her head. Doc, I don't know how ya kept it together. Thank ya, all y'all. Now let's not linger."
Jed will try some First Aid on himself and any who need it [You gotta work on the skills, right?] then encourages the others to go. "But how do you go back when you've seen the darkness' edge? What awaits in a world turned upside down?" he wonders.

geomys
Strider
Strider

#282 Post by geomys »

As suddenly as she had appeared, Miriam had vanished. For a moment there was a mind-numbing nightmare vision, then darkness enveloped him and Archie fell to his knees, unseeing and retching. He lay on his side breathing heavily until his eyesight cleared. As the archaeologist shakily sat up, he said feebly, "Must be something in the water, you will not believe what I..." and then he caught sight of Hyacinth's body and screamed his voice raw.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#283 Post by ken-do-nim »

MI70 wrote:Jed

"Yeehaw!" Jed cries, "We did it!" Then reality sinks in.
He turns more somber, dabbing his eyes with his ragged stained handkerchief, "Fer you Professor," he mutters.
"The things we've seen . . . Terrible . . . Miss Hyacinth, her head. Doc, I don't know how ya kept it together. Thank ya, all y'all. Now let's not linger."
Jed will try some First Aid on himself and any who need it [You gotta work on the skills, right?] then encourages the others to go. "But how do you go back when you've seen the darkness' edge? What awaits in a world turned upside down?" he wonders.
Dr. Pale immediately goes to work on reviving Aloysius. Since he has 101% with First Aid (!), he restores 3 hit points, bringing Aloysius back up to 5 and conscious.

Jed does not succeed on applying first aid to himself (roll of 62), but Archie is down a few hit points so he goes to try it on him. Rolling again ... 70, sorry no such luck! It's probably because Archie is screaming his head off and non-compliant.

Dr. Pale pulls Elmer and Jed aside and says, "These people have just been through hell, but it's 2 in the morning. Let's get them to bed, and then dispose of the bodies." (As a reminder, there are 3 bodies: Hyacinth, Maggie, and Red Jake). He adds, "Unless you have a better idea."

Reminder: Both Elmer and Jed have very little grip on sanity either right now. Dr. Pale can see it in your faces, too.

I imagine both Aloysius and Jasmine are just too stunned for thought at this point.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#284 Post by Scott308 »

Elmer "Big City" Ramsey

Elmer blinks a few times at Dr. Pale's suggestion. Bed. Yes. Turning to Aloysius and Jasmine, he says, Let's go. Bedtime. He will take each by the arm and try leading them upstairs to a bedroom.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Stirling »

Miss Faversham

The invitation to 'go to bed' with some strange man in a strange place after some strange and deathly visions is all too much for Jasmine, she will probably pick up her wrench, scream, "let me go, let me go!" a few times and run for the door, down the track and into the church, probably collapsing at the altar or hiding away in a corner confessional.

At breakfast time or when she wakes she will cautiously creep back.

MI70
Scout
Scout

#286 Post by MI70 »

Jed

Once the others have been put to bed or are out of the way, Jed will quietly suggest to Dr. Pale they discretely bury the bodies. "I am not sure if the law would understand what we done here."
He takes a drink of moonshine to steady his nerves and puffs steadily on his pipe, trying to reassure himself that the world is as he once knew it. He stays within arms reach of his rifle at all times.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#287 Post by ken-do-nim »

It's gruesome work, burying all the bodies, but you are beyond tired and scarcely aware of reality anymore. At around 5 am, you finally manage to get some sleep.

At 9 am, while everyone is still slumbering, there is a loud knock on the front door. Bleary-eyed, Dr. Pale answers the door. It is the Sheriff of Ross's Corners, accompanied by Bertrand Merriweather, who in case you forgot is Rupert's son. He says to the Sheriff, "See, I told you they'd be here, squatting in what is now MY property."

The Sheriff turns back to Bertrand, "Alright, alright, settle down, I'll handle this Mr. Merriweather." He fixes his gaze back on Dr. Pale, "You look like you've been through hell. Now why don't you gather your friends together and let's have a little chat. Seems folk around here heard some crazy things last night, and I'd like some leads on Maggie McPhirter, who still hasn't turned up."

Dr. Pale awakens Aloysius, Jed, Elmer, and Archie. Jasmine can't be found anywhere.

"Now, " the Sheriff says, "Folks out searching for Maggie claimed they heard her scream in the vicinity of this farmhouse. Did any of you see or hear her last night?"

MI70
Scout
Scout

#288 Post by MI70 »

Jed

*Oh shhhiinola,*Jed thinks to himself. *I knew that galdern Bertie'd be back, now we got the law involved.*

His mind races to the idea of either denying everything or maybe better to blaming crazy hobo Red Jake as a squatting murderer who killed the two women and then attacked us and was killed after which we had to give them a Good Christian burial.

Not feeling like he is the best one to deal with the law, Jed glances at the respectable Dr. Pale, and the more persuasive Archie and Aloysius.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#289 Post by ken-do-nim »

MI70 wrote:Jed

*Oh shhhiinola,*Jed thinks to himself. *I knew that galdern Bertie'd be back, now we got the law involved.*

His mind races to the idea of either denying everything or maybe better to blaming crazy hobo Red Jake as a squatting murderer who killed the two women and then attacked us and was killed after which we had to give them a Good Christian burial.

Not feeling like he is the best one to deal with the law, Jed glances at the respectable Dr. Pale, and the more persuasive Archie and Aloysius.
Heh, since Dr. Pale is now an NPC (no luck getting new players), he's going to remain silent :). If forced to talk, he will tell everything.

geomys
Strider
Strider

#290 Post by geomys »

Archie opens red-rimmed eyes and stares at the intruders. He pulls himself to his feet and walks unsteadily to the door. He croaks in a raw voice, "The girl is dead. Killed by a vagrant and her body mauled by a bear. He killed our friend, too. But we took him out."

Return to “Shadows of Yog-Sothoth and beyond - Call of Cthulhu 5E”