Action Thread 2: Boarding the Seahawk / Departing Karagonia

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 2: The departing

#41 Post by dmw71 »

Caelvanna, clearly not comfortable in the water, sits with her head between her knees. Her pass is displayed on the end of one of her remaining arrows; like a flag and flagpole propped up at her side.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by tkrexx »

Emm produces her pass as have the others. I don't know about this child's pass. She was accompanied by an old man called Yorn who... Not wanting to upset the child, but telling all with her eyes... did not board the ship. After a moment, she asks, If I may, Captain, you said Billy's "sister?"

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:Caelvanna, clearly not comfortable in the water, sits with her head between her knees. Her pass is displayed on the end of one of her remaining arrows; like a flag and flagpole propped up at her side.
The sailor takes the pass from the tip of the Caelvanna's arrow and hands it over to his captain. Billings looks at it and then over to somewhat green Wild elf. "Shanny has a tea that will settle your nerves and ease the motion of the ship, milady."

tkrexx wrote:Emm produces her pass as have the others. I don't know about this child's pass. She was accompanied by an old man called Yorn who... Not wanting to upset the child, but telling all with her eyes... did not board the ship.
The sailor takes the pass from Emm and hands it back to Billings. He checks it over and puts in his belt pouch with the others. He nods at the druid's query. "The child does not need one. I believe he was... recovered along with some of the others."

tkrexx wrote:... After a moment, she asks, If I may, Captain, you said Billy's "sister?"
The captain's gaze comes off the child and he looks her square in the eye. "Aye, she is the half-elf that was with you on the trail. Her husband was hit by one of those dark, poisoned missiles that felled some of the others. He clings barely to his life and Shanny fears the worst..."

Nyctos
Strider
Strider

#44 Post by Nyctos »

Griffo calmly reaches in his pouch when his time comes to hand over the pass. His eyes widen as his reaching fingers fond a mere handful of coin and no paper. With an aura of haste he takes off his pack and looks through it. Still not finding the pass he looks up to the captain. "It seems that I must have lost my pass in the fight with the demonic host." He takes a strong stance that is nearly comical on someone so small. "Surely the word of billies sister is enough to vouch for me?" His face betrays the though that he is not sure of anything.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

Bog heads off to one of the open chambers and digs through his gear...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#46 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:The sailor takes the pass from the tip of the Caelvanna's arrow and hands it over to his captain. Billings looks at it and then over to somewhat green Wild elf. "Shanny has a tea that will settle your nerves and ease the motion of the ship, milady."
Caelvanna, convinced she will not begin to feel better by waiting, gingerly rises to her feet and, with considerable effort, is able to keep herself composed. She grabs the nearest sailor: "Where's Shanny?" she snaps. Once she knows where she's going, she heads to visit Shanny for this calming tea, and also some attention to her various wounds.
-- Project --
-- DM --

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Ulrich hands over his pass, apparently lost in thought.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Argennian »

Nyctos wrote:Griffo calmly reaches in his pouch when his time comes to hand over the pass. His eyes widen as his reaching fingers fond a mere handful of coin and no paper. With an aura of haste he takes off his pack and looks through it. Still not finding the pass he looks up to the captain. "It seems that I must have lost my pass in the fight with the demonic host." He takes a strong stance that is nearly comical on someone so small. "Surely the word of billies sister is enough to vouch for me?" His face betrays the though that he is not sure of anything.
The sailor looks back to the captain for direction and Billings waves him off to see about the others, a frown of concern evident upon his visage. "Her word is as good as gold, master halfling. But it only confirms that you were present with the others in the meadow and upon the trail when... it happened. She has no way of knowing your true identity nor your true bent in relation to whether or not you are a friend to the people. Nevertheless, Shanny can apply her magics to see if you are whom you say you are. Until then, I would ask you remain on deck with the others here."

dmw71 wrote:
Argennian wrote:The sailor takes the pass from the tip of the Caelvanna's arrow and hands it over to his captain. Billings looks at it and then over to somewhat green Wild elf. "Shanny has a tea that will settle your nerves and ease the motion of the ship, milady."
Caelvanna, convinced she will not begin to feel better by waiting, gingerly rises to her feet and, with considerable effort, is able to keep herself composed. She grabs the nearest sailor: "Where's Shanny?" she snaps. Once she knows where she's going, she heads to visit Shanny for this calming tea, and also some attention to her various wounds.
The sailor near jumps when the Wild elf grabs his arm. He turns to look at Billings and waits for a nod before pointing to one of the two ramps at the rear that head down below. "Shanny be down in da hold, ma'am. Take one them ramps over tharr."

SocraticLawyer wrote:Ulrich hands over his pass, apparently lost in thought.
The sailor approaches the armored dwarf nervously and quickly plucks the note from his offered hand. He hands it over to the captain and moves off to see the last remaining party member. Billings looks as if he's about to say something to the cleric of Moradin but holds his tongue and turns to send a waiting sailor on an errand below.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by tkrexx »

If the child does not complain, Emm will take her to the hold area to rest and recite prayers. She will try to regain some of her spells, but is aware that circumstances are far from perfect.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#50 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:"Shanny be down in da hold, ma'am. Take one them ramps over tharr."
Caelvanna will follow the provided directions and seek some much needed relief; hopefully to be followed by some equally required rest.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: On the Seahawk heading north

#51 Post by Argennian »

Day 1: On the Seahawk (TOD: early morning;2-3 hours before dawn)

~ Emm realizes that the child is finally near drifting off to sleep and no longer shaking as she was before. Along with a slightly pale Caelvanna, and the sailor collecting the passes for the captain, they make their way down the starboard ramp to a lower landing that looks back out into the hold. A set of stairs on each side lead down into the cargo area where a makeshift infirmary and staging area are. The big sailor that was with Shanny back on land stands guard here. He nods in concern as you arrive and then goes back to watching intently while Shanny, the gnome couple, the half-elf woman, another sailor and a two young boys work tediously over the wounded. The High elf Lauranna sits next to the cot that contains the wounded halfling and Sheba lies down wimpering nervously near the one with Gentleman Billy.

The skinny sailor handling supplies sees you approach and comes over to offer assistance and ask your needs. Once relayed, he nods understandingly and tells you to have a seat at one of the tables or take an empty cot if you’d like to lie down. He also details that there are cots and hammocks up ahead behind some heavy hung canvas for those wishing privacy or quiet. The skinny man produces measured shot of light bluish liquid and instructs Caelvanna to drink from it. “It be healin potion, milady. I’ll be heatin up some Shanny’s tea for ur belly.” He goes to a cabinet by a little wood-burning stove and gets out a clay flask, which he in turn pours the contents into a kettle and places on the stovetop.

The sailor collecting passes walks over first to Shanny. “Cap’n needs you up top, mistress.” The old woman with the blank, glossy eyes looks tired and solemn. She nods and signals for her waiting assistant to help her back up top. The sailor then moves over to Lauranna. “Beggin yer pardon, milady. The Cap’n be needing all ur passes, if ya please.” His eyes become locked for a moment on the wounded halfling and then look down and away.

OOC: please notate current hit point and location updates below and let me know if you have any questions. I'll be posting more material and updating things over the weekend.

HPs/Status: Bog* 6/9 ; Caelvanna 2/8 ; Emm 6/6 ; Griffo* 5/10 ; *Ulrich 8/8 ; Lauranna 3/3 ; Thalion* 5/5
WIH (primary/secondary): Bog – longsword*; Caelvanna – short bow (reg. arrows fired-15, silver arrows fired-6); Emm – scimitar/SC (threw spear); Griffo – longsword/shield (reg. arrows fired-15); Ulrich – staff/SC; Lauranna – short sword/SC (thrown 3 daggers*); Thalion – longsword/dagger (SC = spell component/spell to cast)
M.O./Location 1: Bog (in banquet room of stern castle), Thalion (sitting down to the side resting against wall of stern castle), Ulrich , Griffo (on the rear of the deck by Thalion), Caelvanna , Emm , Lauranna (down below in hold)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by tkrexx »

Emm and the child will occupy a hammock behind the canvass unless anyone protests.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Nuke66 »

As the sailor looks down and away, Lauranna speaks to him as she extracts the letter from her purse. "Pretty gruesome isn't it? This man almost gave his life to protect us."

Handing the letter over, she looks the man in the eye, "Thank you for your help."

After the sailor leaves she grasps the hand of the halfling carefully "Do you want anything? Something to eat or drink perhaps. And I don't even know your name. My name is Lauranna. Thanks for saving my life." she babbles.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: On the Seahawk heading north

#54 Post by Argennian »

Day 1: On the Seahawk (TOD: early morning;2-3 hours before dawn)

~ The Seahawk continues to run north, cutting through the dark waves of the Bay of Ghosts with a soothing, steady cadence. The heavy blanket of thick coastal fog seems endless, as it usually is this time of year in the morning hours. The sailors move about her decks and rigging with practiced ease. The captain briefs a man and sends him up to the top of the main mast. He returns to the rear deck where Griffo, Ulrich and Thalion are now being joined by Shanny and the big sailor from below. He turns first to the blind woman, looking into her cloudy white eyes as she stares blankly ahead. She reaches up and fingers a strange-looking charm amulet hanging around her neck. Billings turns to assess Griffo. “Shanny here has a way of knowing if you speak true or not. I would ask you only two questions. Are you a friend of the people or do you support the King? Do you intend harm for anyone on this ship in any way?”

Below deck in the hold, Emm carries the already sleeping child behind the hanging heavy canvas. A number of empty cots and hammocks are here and she finds one off and away to the side to settle down on. Lauranna tends to the wounded halfling, getting him water and remaining close by to assist. The old half-elf woman, the gnome couple, the sailors and helper boys present continue to offer any and all ministrations to both the old human man in the colorful robes and the older half-elf male. Gentleman Billy appears to be resting more comfortably and breathing regularly. Sheba is lying quietly nearby watching the goings on. The young nobleman is still fast asleep with a furrowed brow. The sailor by the stove pours Caelvanna some of Shanny’s calming tea and brings it over to her. “Here ya go, milady. A cup ‘o this will soothe your stomach and help you sleep. I trust that shot ‘o potion helped out?”
(assuming that Caelvanna took the shot: she gets back +5hp)

OOC: please feel free to post any actions desired for your character, otherwise I'll assume that they are resting or sleeping and we can move things forward to just after dawn. Please let me know if you have any questions

HPs/Status: Bog* 6/9 ; Caelvanna 7/8 ; Emm 6/6 ; Griffo* 5/10 ; *Ulrich 8/8 ; Lauranna 3/3 ; Thalion* 5/5
WIH (primary/secondary): Bog – longsword*; Caelvanna – short bow (reg. arrows fired-15, silver arrows fired-6); Emm – scimitar/SC (threw spear); Griffo – longsword/shield (reg. arrows fired-15); Ulrich – staff/SC; Lauranna – short sword/SC (thrown 3 daggers*); Thalion – longsword/dagger (SC = spell component/spell to cast)
M.O./Location 1: Bog (in banquet room of stern castle), Thalion (sitting down to the side resting against wall of stern castle), Ulrich , Griffo (on the rear of the deck by Thalion), Caelvanna , Emm , Lauranna (down below in hold)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by tkrexx »

Emm cozys the child in a hammock, eyes darting about as she steals a worn, dirty blanket off a cot.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#56 Post by Alethan »

Bog takes a much-needed nap after he is done with his examining tasks. He doesn't even bother moving from the wall he's slumped down against.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by dmw71 »

Caelvanna does drink Shanny’s calming tea and doesn't resist once met with the urge to sleep.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Nyctos
Strider
Strider

#58 Post by Nyctos »

Griffo looks from the Captain to Shanny and back again. While looking the captain in the eye he calmly stated."I am no friend of the king or his lackeys. Nor do I mean harm to any on this ship, Crew or Guests."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

On the Seahawk: Billings talks to Griffo, Ulrich & Thalion

#60 Post by Argennian »

Nyctos wrote:Griffo looks from the Captain to Shanny and back again. While looking the captain in the eye he calmly stated."I am no friend of the king or his lackeys. Nor do I mean harm to any on this ship, Crew or Guests."

The gritty-looking sea captain meets the halfling’s stony gaze. He assesses Griffo’s person and gear and then looks expectantly over at the blind woman. “Well, Shanny?”

Shanny the witch, who’d closed her eyes while Griffo responded, opens them and nods. “He be telling true, captain. I sense anger but no evil in his heart.”

Billings visibly relaxes and makes a wave off motion to two sailors that were standing close by. They return to their previous stations and with the help of the burly sailor, Shanny heads back down into the hold. The captain takes on an apologetic air and steps up to Griffo. “You and the others have a right to feel anger. If not for what you have already suffered but for your being an unwitting and innocent party to what has just transpired. Neither I nor any of my crew will question your affiliations or your honor again, master halfling. You are free to move about the ship and to ask for anything you might need. I would offer my apologies if you have taken offense but these are dangerous and deadly times, as you and the others now know better than most. I bid you get something to eat and drink if you wish. Relax and take shelter inside or below if you need healing or want privacy. It will be dawn in a few hours and we have hopefully already avoided any trouble that could have been close by. When we clear the fog later in the morning and I am sure that we are safely away from danger, we will talk of what happened and where we go from there.”

With that finished, Captain Billings bows respectfully to Griffo and nods to Ulrich and Thalion. Thalion carefully lifts himself up and heads inside the stern castle where Bog entered previous. Billings then proceeds back up to the wheel on the stern castle to consult with his first officer. The sailors all melt into their various tasks and pay no more attention. The ship continues on steadily through the dark waters.

OOC: go ahead and post anything additional if you would like to or haven't already. Otherwise, we'll move things forward to after dawn sometime tomorrow. I'll be updating some of the other threads and will make note of that in the Game Announcements & Status thread.

Ulrich, Emm and Lauranna can retire to sleep or rest, so that they will be able to pray for or memorize more spells when possible.

Return to “A New Hope to the West”