Strategy Thread

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Strategy Thread

#81 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Sorry guys, I'm still a bit confused. Do we want to fire-proof the party and then try to chase down the fire-wand guy, while the invisible duo does their thing? Or should we wait for them to sneak attack first? Ulrich only has one fire protection spell, so I want to make it count....
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#82 Post by Alethan »

if I understand correctly, Bog and Lauranna are headed towards the fire-wand guy, so it seems like the rest of the party shouldn't be. The rest of the party is to wait so they a) don't alert him to our presence and b) don't get incinerated.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Argennian »

SocraticLawyer wrote:Sorry guys, I'm still a bit confused. Do we want to fire-proof the party and then try to chase down the fire-wand guy, while the invisible duo does their thing? Or should we wait for them to sneak attack first? Ulrich only has one fire protection spell, so I want to make it count....
Guessing you might have missed the last action post, SL?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1690&start=340#p311323

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Seems I did miss that, somehow. :shock: Now that we're all fire-proofed, do we want to bum-rush the wand guy?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by Alethan »

SocraticLawyer wrote:Seems I did miss that, somehow. :shock: Now that we're all fire-proofed, do we want to bum-rush the wand guy?
???

No. That's not at all the plan.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Alethan wrote:
SocraticLawyer wrote:Seems I did miss that, somehow. :shock: Now that we're all fire-proofed, do we want to bum-rush the wand guy?
???

No. That's not at all the plan.
Then I'm back to being confused. If we're just waiting for the invisible two to do their thing, then why did Emm run off? What is the plan?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Argennian »

SocraticLawyer wrote:... Then I'm back to being confused. If we're just waiting for the invisible two to do their thing, then why did Emm run off? What is the plan?
I'm a little confused there meself, D... :?

I thought Rexx had originally planned to have Emm sneak up and check the fireballed watch blind for any other bodies (like Caelvanna's) or just to have a look-see, whilst Lauranna & Bog are off on their invisible/silenced seek and destroy mission. If that's not the case, then I'm in the dark on what he intended for her action/destination.

Fwiw, thinking I failed to properly describe the terrain, and the fact that if Emm or anyone else moved down the treeline to approach the former watch blind directly from below, the hillside there is still a mostly open area with a few small bushes about, so there wouldn't be any floral or other real concealment to approach by. And there's absolutely nothing left of the former watch blind within the blast zone but a smoking stump in the small depression there.

Now being a 5th level druid, Emm would still be able to scale and navigate the slippery slope better than any other character (save Bogdan), BUT if you-know-who or someone were watching from the cave plateau above, they'd likely see her, even in these weather conditions...

Anyways, I'll shoot Rexx a pm to confirm if he doesn't see this post first and respond. And then I'll get the next action post up for the 3 of you while the dynamic duo are making their way! :geek:

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by tkrexx »

Yeah, seems we're all confused! I took the terrain around the cave entrance to be full of foliage as the area we just pushed thru. If Emm can't make it to the watch nest, there would be no reason to go. She'd just blend into the jungle at hand to remain unseen.

Apologies for my tardiness, my Son came home with his brood for an impromptu Fathers' Day visit, which was great, but didn't leave me alot of time to game. He left yesterday, but his car rental co wanted to charge him an extra $200 to drive to the airport, so guess who had an ungodly early 4-hr drive in a stuffed jeep! Just in time, too, 'cuz we're leaving tomorrow for Tenn and Fla. I bet that tropical storm in the Gulf follows us around all week. My posting will be spotty at least until next week. Plz NPC as needed! Thanks.

Rxx

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:Yeah, seems we're all confused! I took the terrain around the cave entrance to be full of foliage as the area we just pushed thru. If Emm can't make it to the watch nest, there would be no reason to go. She'd just blend into the jungle at hand to remain unseen. ...
Fwiw, there is some flora and such on the plateau around the cave entrance but most of the thicker brush up there was on the far right and left sides of the bluff. In fact, those are the two thickets Caelvanna and Sorel were hiding out in back when your party ambushed the Karagonian soldier contingent that was coming down the hillside from the crater above with the baby giant owlets.

Far as concealment by the cave, the only real cover there is from the next plateau up. Where the hillside meets the bluff there are a few depressions where someone could get prone and not be seen from above (much as Emm, Lauranna & Ulrich did post ambush when the wand-wielding mage began fireballing everyone).

Anyways, the cave plateau is 200'+ up the hillside and those in the main party are still down within the lower treeline. So unless that was the intended destination, and not the watch blind, not bona fide functional information at present! :geek:

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Argennian wrote:
tkrexx wrote:Yeah, seems we're all confused! I took the terrain around the cave entrance to be full of foliage as the area we just pushed thru. If Emm can't make it to the watch nest, there would be no reason to go. She'd just blend into the jungle at hand to remain unseen. ...
Fwiw, there is some flora and such on the plateau around the cave entrance but most of the thicker brush up there was on the far right and left sides of the bluff. In fact, those are the two thickets Caelvanna and Sorel were hiding out in back when your party ambushed the Karagonian soldier contingent that was coming down the hill with the baby giant owlets.

Far as concealment by the cave, the only real cover there is from the next plateau up. Where the hillside meets the bluff there are a few depressions where someone could get prone and not be seen from above (much as Emm, Lauranna & Ulrich did post ambush when the wand-wielding mage began fireballing everyone).

Anyways, the cave plateau is 200'+ up the hillside and those in the main party are still down within the lower treeline. So unless that was the intended destination, and not the watch blind, not bona fide functional information at present! :geek:
Apologies again, but I remain confused. :shock: Is the other thicket (the one that Sorel did not come from) where we think Caelvanna might be, possibly injured? And did Emm run off, or no?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Argennian »

SocraticLawyer wrote:Apologies again, but I remain confused. :shock: Is the other thicket (the one that Sorel did not come from) where we think Caelvanna might be, possibly injured? ...
You guys have no idea where Caelvanna is at present. All you've been told is she was last known/reported to be on duty at the watch blind with Cutler. Since no one has gone to investigate the former watch blind, which was flattened by numerous fireballs, you're not sure if she's still there or may have been somewhere else whence the baddie mage's attack occurred.
SocraticLawyer wrote:And did Emm run off, or no?
Rexx simply had her run into the flora and hide out. He did not commit her to searching the former watch blind nor any other action other than to remain out of sight.

Fwiw, he did ask me to npc her in his absence, however. If I don't see any further declared actions from the Player Characters in the main party within the next 22-24 hours, I'll plan to do so to get things moving here again.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by onlyme »

Manoah is just standing guard while waiting/following, and will react as necessary. (cant recall if I posted anything since last move)
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:Manoah is just standing guard while waiting/following, and will react as necessary. (cant recall if I posted anything since last move)
Manoah could get off his lazy butt and go check out the blind and see if Caelvanna is still alive... ;)

Return to “A New Hope to the West”