OOC / Questions?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions?

#461 Post by Argennian »

All groups,

Apols for the late updates here end of last week and over the weekend, just now making it home from DunDraCon 38 and getting caught up. Although I'm a bit strung out from lack of sleep, way too much drinking and general convention debauchery and the over-radness of 3 days and nights of straight non-stop games and excessive gaming passions, I'm looking to get us updated sometime today before going back to work tomorrow! :)

Best,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by tkrexx »

I envy you, Mitch! In all these years I never managed to make in to a con.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by Argennian »

All groups,

Apologies for the continued delays on my end here, everyone. Work got super busy again end of last week and I ended up being out of town with very limited time/access until yesterday morning. Coming off another double-back shift from yesterday but looking to get us caught up here as soon as I can break free and get home later today/tonight.

Appreciations for everyone's patience and tolerance!

Regards,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Argennian »

All groups,

Ended up being super busy with work end of last week and then unavailable over the weekend but wanted to chime in to say I'm finally good and caught up with things. Looking to resume normal service by tonight/early Tuesday am here!

Thank you once again for everyone's patience and understanding while I was dealing with things last week. I know I still have a bunch of pms to respond to but just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your great support.

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by Argennian »

Group 1: Popping in with proffered apols for being MIA for so long here this week. Work's been uber-gnarly busy factor alpha again... :evil:

I'll get the next action post up tonight after work, at the latest!

Best,

DM Mitch EEEE

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by Argennian »

All,

Just wanted to pop in to say that I'm going to try again to get us moving forward again no later than tonight if I can't sneak a post in between jobs today. Bad enough I'm dealing with a bad bout of poison oak from a recent hike but super sleep-depped as well, as work has just been beyond stupid busy. Can't believe I'm already at 39.5 hours for the week! :|

Thanks again for being so patient, gents. The role-playing has been absolutely awesome so huge DM props and appreciations there! Definitely looking forward to what's hanging out just around the bend... or corner... or cave-in... :)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Argennian »

Apols for the continued delay on my end, all. Job and more RL drama have been dominating the week. Work started early this morning before I could finish the next post but am more than halfway there presently. I'll get that finished and posted as soon as I can. Humble & grateful appreciations for everyone's patience!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Argennian »

Status Update: work/RL drama never let up last week and was hoping at minimum that I'd be able to post & catch up on my weekend getaway but, alas, there was no internet or MiFi connectivity where I was. Did complete quite a bit with pencil & paper, including encounter figures, treasure & XP, so shouldn't take too long to get that entered in and get things rolling again. Hope everyone is well & had a good weekend!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:OOC: So what was the total coin count, then? And... who gets the two magic items? ;)
The total coin count from the crab den?
There's grand total of 872 coins that were recovered from the former crab den. They are all gold and appear to be of the same minting.

As to the magic items, that's really for you all to work out In Character! ;)

The way I basically see it is that it remains party treasure until such time as the entire party agrees it become permanent property of one individual. At the lower levels, I pretty much split the XP/gp thing between all party members to get them advanced quicker, so that part of the equation doesn't matter. The only thing I really need to know as DM is who's carrying it, so if something happens or characters split up, there's no guesswork or arguments involved.

There's going to be times when there's not enough loot to go around or one item is way more powerful or valuable than the other. Someone might not even get something because there isn't enough stuff to go around. Some ways I've handled it? Give first dibs on the next treasure find to whomever didn't get something the last time, take a party vote as to which character should get it, or even roll off in a game of Kingsfeather (opposing d20 vs d20 roll, highest wins) between two PCs that covet that particular weapon, armor, item, valuable, whatever.
Not encouraging that here, mind you. :)

Also something to consider is the fact that you will come across items that are class specific and can only be used by a particular character(s). As you adventure and obtain treasure, PCs might choose to trade up or switch items around accordingly. Not just to keep the treasure wealth as equal as possible in the party, but say perhaps when an upcoming mission or parameter dictates a temporary item refit.

That's why we have the OOC/Questions? thread here, and a Strategy Thread to boot, good people! Please discuss amongst yourselves here or there and sound off on what you think!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#470 Post by Alethan »

Ah, sorry about the coin bit. Either forgot or must have missed it the first time around. It's sometimes hard to absorb all of the information in the longer posts.

So, other players... anyone interested in:
- dagger +1/+2 vs. small-sized creatures with 10' radius light on demand?
- Ring of Free Action?

Bog would be interested in one or the other, the latter one being higher on his list.

If others are interested in the same objects, we can do roll-offs or give first dibs to next objects or... whatever people want to do. Discuss!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#471 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon will pass.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#472 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:Jeloon will pass.
Yeah, but I want to know what Calevanna wants.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#473 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Yeah, but I want to know what Calevanna wants.
Hahaha. :lol:

She'll pass, too.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#474 Post by SocraticLawyer »

I'd suggest the ring for Emm, and the dagger for Bog.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#475 Post by Alethan »

Bog could live with that. Having the instant light source would be good, even if it is just the 10' radius.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#476 Post by tkrexx »

Actually I thought Lauranna would do good with the ring. Be a boon to the party with a Thief and Druid cooperating in battle like this.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#477 Post by Nuke66 »

Well, Lauranna is actually proficient in a dagger :lol: But she already has a magic one. +1, with no light.

The ring is cool as well, but she already has one of those too. And besides, she doesn't plan to be much of a target, so it might better serve a tank.

Just my two cents.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#478 Post by Alethan »

I was kind of thinking the same thing, that making sure the big hitter can't get slowed down might be the strategic choice.

Would anyone be opposed to Bog taking the ring? Anyone have strong feelings towards it? If so, would be willing to roll for it.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#479 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Alethan wrote:I was kind of thinking the same thing, that making sure the big hitter can't get slowed down might be the strategic choice.

Would anyone be opposed to Bog taking the ring? Anyone have strong feelings towards it? If so, would be willing to roll for it.
Sounds good to me. EDIT: Bog taking it sounds good to me. Not rolling for it. :)

Who gets the dagger? Ulrich can't use it, and Lauranna already has one. Perhaps Emm, who lacks infravision...?
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#480 Post by Alethan »

Aw, man... I just realized if Bog had had this ring during the first fight, it might have gone differently. At one point, he got magically "held" from the hit of a enchanted club that took him out of the fight.

OK, seems like a majority on the ring, so I'll go ahead and claim it and add it to Bog's inventory.

Muchos gracias.

Return to “A New Hope to the West”