OOC / Questions?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC / Questions?

#441 Post by Alethan »

So... this is a period of PMs between Emm and the owl, I take it?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#442 Post by Nuke66 »

I am back. Sorry, I moved. We fell into an opportunity that was too good to pass up but we had to be out of the old place before months end. Internet was turned on today. :D

Road trip Saturday for football playoffs, will try to catch up Sunday.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#443 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:So... this is a period of PMs between Emm and the owl, I take it?
Yeah, but I had planned on making a post for the main group yesterday until work exploded again. Will do so this evening, regardless, Al!
Nuke66 wrote:I am back. Sorry, I moved. We fell into an opportunity that was too good to pass up but we had to be out of the old place before months end. Internet was turned on today. :D

Road trip Saturday for football playoffs, will try to catch up Sunday.
No worries, Nuke!

And congrats on the new place, man! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by Argennian »

To all groups,

The mandatory OT and working all weekend on our product redeployment is finally over at work and I'll be returning to a much more normalized schedule from today forward. Updates coming this evening for all groups and I know I still have a few return PMs to get out as well. Apols for the horrid delays these last two weeks and continued thanks and appreciations for everyone's patience here.

Regards,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by Argennian »

Well, looked good on paper for last night. You know you're tired when you drink a 16oz energy drink & nothing happens. After a 26 hour work weekend, guess l should've known.

Let's see if tonight works better!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Argennian »

All groups,

Apols for my continued late updates here, all. Been suffering a nagging cold and some serious work burnout this week. Not having a day off in weeks and working OT every day is just stupid, and is certainly not helping my health situation and recovery at all.

It absolutely sucks to get home so late and so tired that all you want to do is crawl into bed after eating what you can so you can get enough sleep to recover and be ready for the next day. I hate not being able to have free time for here and for myself, especially after being told that the redeployment push and crazy OT was over. The extra money is nice, but not nearly enough for the loss of free time and suffering health.

I'll try again to wake up early tomorrow am but better not promise anything until I can reach the weekend and get a day off. Sincerest thanks and appreciations again for continuing to be so patient with it. Just want to be able to maintain a steady pace each week again at the very least. In fact, I'd like a whole lot more than just the very least. This game has way more potential than I seem to be able to deliver on with any kind of consistently as of late. I can only promise that it won't always be so. Gotta get money where my mouth is on that one...

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#447 Post by Argennian »

All PMs finally responded to and am almost there with our next post. I will get that completed and posted later today, am falling asleep at the controls here and need a little shuteye before my training class coming up in a few hours.

I'm happy to squash all rumors and report that no, this game is not over. Not by a long shot. And that, yes, we will be getting back to business as usual here again, starting today. How can I make such a bold and wild claim? Well, because I have an understanding worked out with my supervisor. He doesn't slave drive me with the daily OT and weekend work, and I don't call in sick and threaten a medical leave of absence. Ahh, ain't compromise great? :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#448 Post by Alethan »

Not sure if anyone else is going to add anything... if you aren't, please indicate such so that Argennian isn't waiting on replies that are not forthcoming. :)

If you are, of course... please make it! ;) Let's get this ball rolling again!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#449 Post by Argennian »

Agreed! And thank you for the friendly suggestions there, Al! ;)

The next action post will be coming this evening, as well as another PM going out to tkrexx for Emm and the remainder of her time with the giant owl.

I know the holidays are pretty much upon us and that some of you have already stated that you will be AFK intermittently. Just wanted to say no worries there, as I have a pretty good idea/detail of what everyone's character will be doing, both action and training wise. I'm looking forward to using the time off to get caught up here and finish completing everyone's training PMs. I agree that I need to get the ball rolling again and keep it rolling along steadily!

Also wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy your time with family and friends, as well as the food and fun during the holiday, good people! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by Argennian »

All,

Just wanted to pop in with an explanatory stat check. Had to work extremely late and when I got in had major internet connectivity issues with my home internet. Went for my wireless backup and discovered that, like a certifiable lamo, I ended up leaving my MiFi Hot Spot plugged in at a customer's secured MPOE up in SF. Tried to complete the post via smartphone but that's like sticking yourself with a dull knife. <sigh...>

Anyways, I'm continuing work on the next action post (which is so freaking close to being completed) between rolls and will be heading back into SF to get my MiFi back shortly. Not sure when I'm getting home this evening but will get that finished one way or the other!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by Argennian »

Sincere apologies for the huge delay here, gang. This last month has been nothing less than a complete and total Charlie Foxtrot for me. Work, health and living situation drama, in addition to recent home internet/computer issues have been conspiring to take most of my time and energy. In retrospect, perhaps I should have just put things on hold here while I got it all sorted out but I never wanted to and thought I would have been able to catch things up here much sooner than I did. Trying to post very late at night/early am with little to no sleep caused me to make stupid mistakes and lose posts more than once, which kept compounding delays.

Anyways, very much hoping that everyone here is still aboard and that we can get things rolling again. Still waiting for a response from tkrexx on a pm that went out right before Thanksgiving but I know that he's been extremely busy with RL stuff as well. All normal RL drama aside, I know this time of year can be tough for many. Once we get Emm back with the party and can get the intel she gathered out to the party, I'll be looking to speed up and streamline training so that we can turn the page on getting folks leveled up and ready to take on the next chapter.

Hope that everyone had a good and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by tkrexx »

PM finally responded to! Sorry for the delay I've caused, folks. Thanksgiving was akin to a mudslide of mixed fruits & nuts this year, all good but difficult to dig yourself out of.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#453 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx wrote:PM finally responded to! Sorry for the delay I've caused, folks. Thanksgiving was akin to a mudslide of mixed fruits & nuts this year, all good but difficult to dig yourself out of.
My son would be of little help to you... he picks out the M&Ms and leaves everything else. :-\

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by Argennian »

All,

Still hoping for a post from SocraticLawyer for Ulrich but am planning on moving the action forward by later tonight! I believe the general consensus was to return to the watery cave/grotto to explore the underwater crab hole and the back of the cave beyond the ledge?

If that's not the case, please say so here!

FYI: please check the Game Announcements & Status Thread for a generic leveling summary update for each PC.

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#455 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Sorry for the hold-up! Been travelling recently. I updated my char sheet today, and will post in the game thread in a bit....
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#456 Post by Nuke66 »

Wow, two double specialized in Longsword and Bows......and a nice repertoire of spells....pretty formidable for our level.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by Argennian »

Crap, woke up early this am to get the next action posts up but just got called in to cover for the on call tech that apparently just wrecked his truck en route to an early service call. Sorry for the delay guys and will get those posts in later today when can!

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by Argennian »

All groups,

Apols for not getting my updates posted by this am. Had to double back again last night to today and still have 2 rolls to make here in the South Bay.

Thank you for everyone's timely posts and looking to get all groups caught up later this evening after I escape from work! :)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#459 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Argennian wrote:All groups,

Apols for not getting my updates posted by this am. Had to double back again last night to today and still have 2 rolls to make here in the South Bay.

Thank you for everyone's timely posts and looking to get all groups caught up later this evening after I escape from work! :)

Best,

Mitch
Work is dumb. :evil:

No worries mate!
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#460 Post by Argennian »

Nuke66 wrote:
Argennian wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:Lauranna climbs up to the ledge and quickly snatches her pouch, searching for a little pinch of sand. She tries to quickly turn and cast sleep.

OOC: not sure if it will get off this round....but she is gonna try.
OOC: Lauranna had just arrived to stand up in the water at the rock ledge when the rats moved to attack. We'll say that since Ulrich called out her, she'd be able to know what's going down and at that point could decide her next course of action.

So I'd rule that she could then move to her spell component pouch there on the ledge, get out her material component (sand, cricket, rose petal, whatever) and be ready to cast her sleep spell on the party's rolled initiative in Round 1.

Note: Party rolled a 1, so her sleep spell can begin being cast on segment 6 (of 10). Since it has a 1 segment casting time, the spell goes off on segment 7 (of 10) of Round 1. So it's likely that the rats (with movement: 120 feet/rd.) will be on your position by the time she can complete casting.

Nuke: that being said, I'm assuming Lauranna will be placing the spell so that her companions on the ledge are just outside it's 15 foot radius AOE? If that's the case, I'll take that to mean any of them from the second rack back, i.e. not currently engaged with Ulrich and Caelvanna. Please let me know if that's not the case.
OOC: Agreed, She will give it a shot, don't need more than a couple in melee range. How narrow is the ledge? How many can squeeze side-by-side? And do we have a body count yet?
OOC-POP: the ledge is not so narrow that 3 persons couldn't fit up there side by side, Nuke, but swinging swords and fighting? It'll be limited to just 2 individuals, so atm, only Caelvanna & Ulrich.

Looks to be about 12 giant rats from what Lauranna & the others can tell. Atm, that is!
:twisted:
SocraticLawyer wrote:
Argennian wrote:All groups,

Best,

Mitch
Work is dumb. :evil:

No worries mate!
Thanks for the continued solidarity there, SL! 8-)

I had the next post for action resolution in Round 1 completed last night (uber-early am actually) but lost connectivity when I hit submit. Since I was trying like heck to get that in as I was falling asleep at the keyboard (again), I apparently forgot to save it correctly to my Word doc before things bleeped up. :x

Apols offered for that and promise to get that completed tonight as soon as I escape from work madness, good people!

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “A New Hope to the West”