#241 Post by tkrexx »

My bad! Thanks for clearing my head! :shock:

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions? Pt.2

#242 Post by Argennian »

Rxx: no worries, brother! :)

With real time passing much faster than between posts, it's easy for details to become muddled, if not overlooked at times...

Quick FYI - since it's confirmed the party's splitting up ( :twisted: ), I pinged Greg about setting up another hidden forum here so to avoid being limited to posting via pm. Haven't heard back yet but should be soon.

Hoping for a response from SL for Ulrich but irregardless, looking to push the action through by tomorrow am, as I'll be out of town again this weekend. I'll simply plan on moving any pms over to the new hidden forum when able.

"May the party stay dry! And alive!!" :P
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Argennian »

Hey all,

Just wanted to pop in with a couple quick updates.

I have a pm out to Rexx to confirm Emm's destination/plan. Pretty sure she had planned on approaching the former watch blind but wanted to make sure Rexx understood the surrounding terrain and that there wouldn't really be any cover approaching the former blind/blast zone no matter which direction she came from. Regardless, to keep things moving and not stalled any longer, I'm planning on getting the next action post up for the main party sometime this evening.

Greg added that new hidden forum, so that's up & I'm handling the 'away from the party' action with Al & Nuke there. I realize no one in the main party knows what's going on with them, where they're at presently nor how long they'll be gone, so you guys will simply have to wait for them to return or decide how much time you want to wait before deciding you no longer want to wait...

Hope everyone here & theirs are doing well & staying safe!

Best,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#244 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Sorry, I should have asked this earlier. How far away is the watch blind?? I'm sure you posted it, but I can't find it. If it's at least 30 feet, Ulrich will use his new boots to check it out quickly....
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Argennian »

SocraticLawyer wrote:Sorry, I should have asked this earlier. How far away is the watch blind?? I'm sure you posted it, but I can't find it. If it's at least 30 feet, Ulrich will use his new boots to check it out quickly....
Here's the bottom/last part of the action post from earlier this month (requested details underlined)...
... The southern trail strike team spring into action and proceed out of the trees to double-time it downhill through the tall grass, cutting a trail northeastward as they go to remain close to the treeline cover and out of the open. The going is quick and the party soon reach the thicker brush at the western side of the cove. Other than the empty navy dingy, its negative on anything not sand and surf, nor wind and rain. Bogdan takes the lead again and the others follow him out of the bushes, across the sandy cove and to the game trail that leads northward to the cliffs above. There is another set of back to back explosions as the party push into the wet foliage. This time they are close enough to feel the ground shake from the blasts...

The path rises in elevation, and with their heightened pace, the party soon reaches the edge of the thick brush and treeline. Looking out and up from the cover of the canopy they can see the Z-shaped trail that leads to the first of the two plateaus some 200 feet above. The dark figure they spotted previously is not present. About 60 feet up the path to the right of a switchback is the location of the magical fire impact zone. What was a good sized tree and surrounding brush has been flattened and burned, and although the rain continues to pour, some residual smoke wisps up and away. Just before the blast zone, lying face down on the game path and emanating the same burned and slightly smoking conditions, looks to be a body... ...
So the distance is about 60' from where one would leave the cover of the flora & treeline to make it up the trail to where the switchback is. The former watch blind is just off to the right of that switchback by @ 10', so that would make the total distance somewhere @ 70'

Edit: fwiw, anytime I'm playing in a pbp and can't remember particular details or caveats of an event, place, situation, etc., I simply go back a few pages and reread the action posts. Please understand I'm not trying to be a smarty pants by saying that, it's just friendly advice between gamers. I understand some folks have less time to do so than others but I'd be keen to bet not many folks have good enough memories to remember every detail, as is the case in FtF games (even when you take pages of notes like I do during the session). Imho, one of the best aspects of pbp is everything's documented as you go, so you don't really have to try and remember everything.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Sorry about that Mitch, I'll try to be more diligent about that in the future! :oops:

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Argennian »

No worries, all good, Big D! :)

Thanks for the posts guys. Will work on getting the next action post up asap.

Hopefully before the splinter group duo get into some really HOT water... :twisted:

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#248 Post by SocraticLawyer »

FYI, I'll be out of town this week, with limited internet access. Please NPC Ulrich if I don't respond. I'll be back on 7/9.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Argennian »

Apols for the late response here and will do, Big D!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC for onlyme & party!

#250 Post by Argennian »

onlyme wrote:Manoah nods,

Yes she was. Never had a chance.
I went ahead and had Hollis react to this IC without saying anything further in the action thread, mainly because he never climbed up to the former blind and looked down at the two bodies that were lying in the depression that was the former watch blind.

Bust just to be sure we're all clear and on the same page, Caelvanna was not one of the two burned up bodies...

... Fearing the worst, Ulrich steps down into the pooling rainwater and over to the first victim. He reaches down and rolls it over carefully...

Human male. Slender build, brown eyes, not much hair left. Well done dead and not recognizable as anyone from the ship.

The cleric then moves to the second body. This one's slightly shorter and thinner than the first. Applying the previous method of procedure, he reaches down and carefully rolls it over with held breath...

Human male again. Very thin. No eyes, hair, nor much skin left for that matter. Burned beyond death and recognition. In fact, this poor bloke was so thin and crisped so bad he was one step short of cremation by magical fire. Looks more like a skeleton actually...
Emphasis underlined as to at least the gender of the two magical fire victims...

... but as far as who they were and why they were in the watch blind when it got fireballed...
:geek:

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Argennian »

Hey guys,

Wanted to pop in real quick to report I'm having technical issues with my new (to me) laptop. Damn thing started rebooting itself on its own about a month ago but when it came back on at least my browser pages & notepads and the content on them saved and was still there. Now it's rebooting and coming back up blank, so I've been losing the posts I've been working on, not to mention emails and everything else... :evil:

I'm hoping my best mate will have some time to look at it this weekend and get me sorted. Plus my old laptop either died or the screen died (it sounds like it's firing up okay and running but blank on the screen), so I can't fall back to that as before. And work's been beyond brutal again this week with 12+ hour days and a crap-ton o drama to go with it. Sigh... ever feel like Michael Douglas's character from Falling Down? :shock:

Anyways, appreciate your patience while I get things sorted and looking forward to getting things back on track!

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#252 Post by Nuke66 »

not a problem, we have the longest running game on these here forums, for a damn good reason. Me, I started the football campaign yesterday on a mission for the state title, again. Still have a full+ time job, and harvest is about to start. I fully understand.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by tkrexx »

not a problem, we have the longest running game on these here forums, for a damn good reason.
+1

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Argennian »

Ahoy me hearties!

Apologies for the prolonged absence, was metaphorically if not categorically lost at sea these past weeks for various reasons but am happy to have made it out alive and back in one piece! Also excited to report my laptop issues have finally been rectified (ahh, Windows 10 :evil: ) and all seems to be working well once again, so long-awaited action posts will be forthcoming this evening after work!

Hope everyone here and theirs are doing well, staying safe, warm/cool & dry...

Best,

MA1e

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Argennian »

Well turns out I had the on call this week and didn't realize it till the afterhours tickets started coming in last night...

Working on the next action posts for both groups between jobs as can and hoping to have up by evening!

M2M

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#256 Post by Nuke66 »

No worries, football is in full swing and post harvest water and dirt work. A couple months before first frost, I feel pressure. But waiting for action!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Argennian »

Right on & cheers, Nuke. Best of luck with all that, btw... :)

Just coming off another double shift so should have some free-awake time later today!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by Argennian »

Hey all,

Checking in from the road. Made it into Fort Bragg late tonight and have logged @ 240 miles in total. Unfortunately, all the spots we've been camping out don't have signal and with the long days in the saddle to make the next night's destination, hasn't been any time to get caught up here, or anything else online.

Good news in that regard is going to have some downtime tomorrow due popping 3 rear spokes (again) and needing to wait for the local bike shop to open in the am. Very much hoping they can either lace up a new set & true it otherwise need to buy whole new hub & rim assembly...

Hoping for a d20 Dex check from onlyme for Manoah but will try and figure out how to do so on the mobile if not.

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Argennian »

Yo Fellas!

Happy to report made it back safe from my NorCal bicycling adventure! Lost a bunch of weight (@ 18lbs.) and feeling much fitter, not to mention sporting a better tan, at least on the back of me neck and from the elbows and knees out! :lol:

But what an incredible experience! When I first agreed to go, I wasn't sure I could make it to be honest. But it was something I absolutely had to do, or at least try to do. The weather was nearly perfect, not too hot and no rain or really frosty mornings. Surprisingly, the suffering wasn't as bad as I'd imagined (except the day I didn't eat enough and bonked :oops: ) and was surely offset by the beautiful scenery and sheer enormity of it all. Met some great people along the way, lot of Brits on holiday as it were, and very much enjoyed the time and company with them. So it ended up being @ 450 miles in 10 days, with 1 rest day in Fort Bragg to get my rear rim repaired/trued. No flats the whole way (for any of us 3 amazingly) but broke a total of 8 rear spokes during trip.

Anyhoo, will get action posts & PMs out this evening after work and hope everyone here & theirs are doing well and staying safe and warm!

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “A New Hope to the West”