Levitate
Invisibility x2
Web

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions? Pt.2

#222 Post by tkrexx »

She knows air temperature means little when soaked to the skin, and understands that nothing is completely waterproof, but some protection is better than none.
Anyone heard the news about the recent storms in Missouri? I live just north of there in SE Iowa. This past Saturday was the wettest in recent memory, the rain was an all-day relentless deluge. We were at the northern edge of that weather system. As a mailman, I can swear to all present, NOTHING is waterproof. And even a warm rain can turn your fingers white and unresponsive.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#223 Post by Alethan »

I live outside of St. Louis.

They have Hwy 44 (major interstate across MO) closed for 37 miles and are routing traffic along the old Hwy 100 and calling for people to not make any left turns(!!). That means some of my co-workers are working from home right now because routing interstate traffic onto an old 2-lane road means 3 hour commutes. One way.

The flood waters are currently just about as high as they were for the winter of 2015 flood. A friend of mine in Southern Missouri, however, said the flood waters there are a full 10' higher than they were in 1904, which was the highest recorded levels to-date.

This is all mostly due to not allowing major rivers, like the Missouri and Mississippi, to have their proper flood plains.

If you build levees, the water will go somewhere else. That's what it's doing right now. :-\

Puny humans quake at the might of Mother Nature.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by tkrexx »

Oorah, Brother. I recall the flood of '93 all too well.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#225 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx wrote:Oorah, Brother. I recall the flood of '93 all too well.
Same. I was on an archaeology site in the chesterfield valley - currently home to several billion dollars in commercial and residential building - and we finished up a week before that levee broke, flooding the entire area.

We used to sit on the lever on our lunch breaks and watch the flood waters rise higher and higher.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by tkrexx »

The day the Niota, IL levee broke I had just arrived at my Mother's house for something, and her Husband, the township road commissioner, sped by in his pickup screaming "Get the hell outta here!" I looked in the direction he'd come from and saw the Mississippi river washing across the highway 2 blocks away. Things like that burn into a body's memory. Funniest part is, some years later, there was a movie (Can't recall the title) about prison inmates fighting the flood. Niota was completely misrepresented in the flik, especially my step-Father's role. The big, 300# bearded biker was replaced by a Woman.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC: Sorry to hear about the flooding. Here in North Dakota it is planting season, family in town and such, Feel free tp move things along.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Argennian »

I agree 100% with Rexx's statement regarding waterPROOF versus water RESISTANT. Not the same, to be sure! Makes me think of waterproof gloves, boots and gear for riding in the rain. No matter what, you're always coming home wet and cold! (three cheers for wool socks though!) :)

Fwiw, I was watching some video on that flooding last night. All I can say is :shock: Out here on the left coast, we don't see too much of that, although there's a large levee system throughout the delta (which is huge!) and the military & civilian engineers have warned it needs to be reworked/updated. When one gives way here, it usually just floods farmers' fields and an occasional stretch of dirt road but there's always potential to catch folks out much more seriously!
Nuke66 wrote:OOC: Sorry to hear about the flooding. Here in North Dakota it is planting season, family in town and such, Feel free tp move things along.
No worries, thanks for the heads up and best wishes with the planting, brother! :)

~ So looks like we still need a marching order and default WIH from some. Please detail that here and we should be sorted!

Note: in regards to default WIH, please detail anytime that's changing up, so I can be sure we're both on the same page. I keep that listed at the bottom of the action posts, so if you see a conflict there, please let me know!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Argennian »

Hail (future) Heroes of Halo Peak!!

Just have a couple of items we need to cover off on before we launch on the next, uber-scoober mid-level island adventure extravaganza...

M.O. (Marching Order)

So far this is what I'm seeing confirmed (from top to bottom = front to rear):

- Bogdan (lead/on point)
- ??
- ??
- ??
- Ulrich (rearguard)

POP: re: npcs coming with you: Griffo, Thalion & Hollis (they will go ahead and follow the party, unless you guys want them/one of them to go first, mix in amongst your party, etc.)

WIH (Weapon In Hand)

So far this is what I have listed:

- Bogdan: Karagonian masterwork spear (& shield?)
- Emm: ?? (spear & shield?)
- Lauranna: ?? (DDDs?)
- Manoah: +2 short bow & normal(?) flight arrow
- Ulrich: +1 mace & shield

~ Please let me know if I missed anyone or have the wrong information listed!

Sorry to keep beating the proverbial dead mount here team... just want to make sure we're all on the same page for when the action pops!
:P
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by onlyme »

Manoah is using regular arrows.
He will take the middle, so he could help with the front or rear at any given time.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#231 Post by Nuke66 »

Lauranna can take point if so desired. Maybe even invisible. She will have daggers handy, but nothing is in her hands.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Argennian »

onlyme wrote:Manoah is using regular arrows.
He will take the middle, so he could help with the front or rear at any given time.
Roger that and thank you, Dave! 8-)

~ I'll make the adjustment to the marching order and, going one step further, based on the previous M.O., will tentatively fill in the rest...

M.O. (Marching Order)

PCs (from top to bottom = front to rear):
- Bogdan (lead/on point)
- Emm
- Manoah (middle)
- Lauranna
- Ulrich (rearguard)

NPCs
- Griffo
- Hollis
- Thalion

Hopefully Rexx is cool with this!! :geek:
Nuke66 wrote:Lauranna can take point if so desired. Maybe even invisible. She will have daggers handy, but nothing is in her hands.
Thanks, Nuke. Looks like Al already volunteered to take point but you two can hash that out, if needed. And as far as the invisibility spell-thing goes, please confirm and let me know if Lauranna will be doing that before we launch! :)

And then going further with the WIH, based off Nuke's point of order and the previous action threads:

WIH (Weapon In Hand)

- Bogdan: Karagonian masterwork spear & shield
- Emm: spear & shield
- Lauranna: none / DDDs
- Manoah: +2 short bow & normal flight arrow
- Ulrich: +1 mace & shield

Rexx, hope you be cool with this too!! :D

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#233 Post by Nuke66 »

Cool here. She won't start out invisible either. It is kinda nice to have it in the pocket though

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Argennian »

Roger that, Nuke. And so noted! 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#235 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, Bog starts off with spear and shield. Switches to longsword and shield.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Yeah, Bog starts off with spear and shield. Switches to longsword and shield.
Roger that & thanks for the POP, Al! 8-)

~ Okay gang, I checked Battle and Character Sheets to make sure everyone had all their loot/magic items listed, updated saving throws, Thac0, weapon proficiencies, class skills, etc., before launch. There was some old info out there on some, so I went ahead and updated that. Please let me know if you all have any questions there or if I may have missed anything!

Re: battle sheets; I updated the links on the top page/post with new level info, added Thac0 to those sheets that didn't have it and listed movement rate as well (at character's current encumbrance). This is handy for me if I'm ever out and stuck on my cell!

So bar any changes/objections from Rexx for Emm, we'll go with the edited M.O. & WIH detailed above. I'll list marching order in the TOP/Action Thread as well.

~ Started the next action post but running out of steam and will need to get that finished up tonight. Everyone be well and have a safe day out there!
:)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by tkrexx »

Yes! This is perfect. Sorry for the delay.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Argennian »

Just wanted to pop in here with a good-bro heads up to please note what I posted re: movement rates in the OOC section of the last action post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1690&start=320#p308940

This is something worth noting separately and again, as the current weather conditions on the island can cause complications that I want to ensure everyone is aware of. Please feel free to ask questions and discuss here as needed! :)

And also wanted to proffer apologies for the week's delay in getting the next action post up, gang. This last week was pretty rough, with 3 techs out at work and a ton of repairs popping, as well as getting stuck trying to figure out how to correctly program & provision one of our new products in the field with no training or very little support (was out with broken collarbone when it came down the line). On top of that, got stuck having to house sit for an old neighbor (with no real notice) whose cat is having health issues and also trying to finish up a couple big side jobs that needed to get done so I could make some real end roads into replenishing my extinguished coffers from being out two months without yet receiving a check (actually it's a debit card these days) from state disability... :roll:

I know it sounds like I'm making more ongoing excuses. Guess I am, to be honest, but it really does seem at times that there's just not enough hours in a day/week to get everything done that needs doing. Guess weeks like that are all but common place to a least some of us here, so perhaps it's over-redundant preaching to the choir a bit. Just wanted to give you guys an explanation with my understanding and acknowledgement that I do realize I need to do a better job at keeping my post rate up. We have a new adventure we're embarking on here and I desperately want to keep the pace up to reward you all for your incredible patience & understanding. That and also being able to stop having to write apology posts for late submissions... :oops:

Hope everyone here & theirs are all doing well and staying safe & warm!

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by tkrexx »

Seems like it's been a good week to be rough... Past 2 weeks actually. I've been slow with my postings on other games as well as this one. Maybe I'm just getting old?

Emm is perfectly fine with letting Griffo or Thalion chase after Lauranna, or following herself. I wanted to run that past the players before I post. I like to look at all angles, and someone usually comes up with something I miss.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Argennian »

Gents,

Wanted to check in with a quick clarification POP that may have been forgotten or perhaps misunderstood.

Caelvanna and Cutler were the two individuals manning the watch blind (at last report). Griffo, Thalion & Hollis tagged along with the party to be the ones to relieve the archer & cook and take over watch duties, so the party could go about looking for the missing LT & mage, getting up to a high vantage to take a look around the island for the presence and/or approach of any other ships, as well as exploring the island.

Cutler has just been found but at present there's no sign of Caelvanna.

Please let me know here if you have questions or need any additional clarifications.

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “A New Hope to the West”