AFK / MIA Thread

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

AFK / MIA Thread

#1 Post by Argennian »

~ Please let us know if you'll be unavailable for an extended period of time due to work, vacation, sick, etc. For now, let's call it more than 3 days / 72 hours (at minimum) for combat and critical In Game situations. (This doesn't include weekends).

If it isn't a critical time In Game, and we don't see a player in over a week, I'll shoot them a pm to check their status. I will also make note of any player that's MIA/AWOL and hasn't checked in for awhile, say 2 weeks or more.

~ At this point in the game, I'll plan on NPCing and character whose player is absent, until such time as they can return.
(Note: If a player does drop out, their character is their IP to take, leave, offer up, whatever, and I will respect anyone's wishes in that regard. I will ask I be allowed to reserve the right to find a plausible exit point of the character from the group, however, if that is the wish of the player.)

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: AFK / MIA Thread

#2 Post by SocraticLawyer »

FYI I may be AFK for a couple days, prolly back wednesday or Thurs of this week.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Argennian »

SocraticLawyer wrote:FYI I may be AFK for a couple days, prolly back wednesday or Thurs of this week.
So noted!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by tkrexx »

I'll be out of town for about a week, family vacation time. I'll be online from time to time I'm sure, but not as usual.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:I'll be out of town for about a week, family vacation time. I'll be online from time to time I'm sure, but not as usual.
So noted!

(Thanks for the heads up and will npc Emm, if needed)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tkrexx »

Back, thanks!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Argennian »

Ok, your DM is finally checking here after being MIA for the last 2 days! :oops:

As mentioned in the OOC/Questions? thread, I've been unexpectedly absent here due to complications from my surgery Tuesday and am having another surgery tomorrow am in addition. I am hopeful to be back full-time here no later than this upcoming Sunday 23rd, at the latest, and will move us forward then. Appreciations going out for everyone's continued patience while I get this RL drama sorted and finally behind me.

FYI - And as you know, Thalion is also AFK currently and will rejoin here when he's able. I'll continue to npc his character until he can make it back.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by Alethan »

Out Of Town Notice:

I will have very limited internet access this Saturday/Sunday. I will check the forums early morning and late evening the week of October 1 through October 5 and will have limited internet access again the following weekend. After that, things will return to abnormal.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Argennian »

Thank you for the heads up, Al! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Argennian »

Just piping in here to say that my (hopefully) final surgery will be this afternoon @ 3:15pm PST. This one will be a bit more invasive so not really sure what condition I'll be in or if able to post tonight. Got tomorrow off and so will update by tomorrow evening worst case scenario! :ugeek:

Thanks again for everyone's continued patience and support and absolutely stoked to turn the In Game page and be heading west with a new hope! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by SocraticLawyer »

AFK til Monday afternoon

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Argennian »

SocraticLawyer wrote:AFK til Monday afternoon

Noted. Thanks for the heads up, SL!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Long term absences from game

#13 Post by Argennian »

Just wanted to chime in about the two obvious absences we've had in the group here.

Regarding dmw71 and Thalion: I know some of you continue to ask from time to time and are curious if there have been any new developments or updates. Sadly, I must report that I really do not have any. Dave hasn't been on the boards here since end of October and Stewart hasn't been on since the beginning of the November.

In addition, Nyctos has been AWOL for 2 weeks now.

Just to clarify: I'm not ready to give up on either of these guys anytime soon. Their PCs will definitely be training and leveling up with everyone else’s. For the foreseeable future, they will be sticking with and accompanying the party. I haven't spoken to anyone else about interest in joining up here and so am not currently looking for replacements.

If anyone hears anything or comes upon an update, I’d like to know. For the sake of privacy, please pm me. I will do the same thing on my end unless specifically advised not to. I know they were both dealing with some pretty serious RL issues so I would humbly ask that you pray, think good thoughts, send out positive waves and anything else goodly in their direction. I hope and wish that they are both doing well above anything.

Thanks,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Nyctos
Strider
Strider

#14 Post by Nyctos »

Hi all,
Sorry for going missing for the past few weeks. I had a vacation in there that i forgot to mention to you guys and then got hit hard with real life. At this point i feel it's best if i step out for now. I just don't have the time or energy to play any of my PbP games.

Sorry to leave you guys high and dry in the middle of an adventure.

Thanks

Nyctos

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Argennian »

Thanks for the heads up here, Nyctos!

Best wishes for getting that RL stuff sorted and let me know if things change on your end.

Take care and be well,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by tkrexx »

Take care of business, Nyc. Hope you can rejoin us.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Argennian »

Sorry for the late update here, folks. Just got back into temporary cell range on an unexpected but certainly not unwelcome vacation trip after some brutally-crappy, back-to-back weeks of work and RL shite.

Turns out I'm gonna be mostly AFK over the next week or so, at least until after the New Years holiday. Not sure what my connectivity will be like until I get home and things get back to normal. I'll try and get on when I can to post and work on getting things sorted for the new players coming on soon.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Nuke66 »

AFK a couple of days, feel free to NPC Lauranna from the crows nest....sleep might come in handy....

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Argennian »

Nuke66 wrote:AFK a couple of days, feel free to NPC Lauranna from the crows nest....sleep might come in handy....
So noted! ;)

Thank you for the heads up, Nuke!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by SocraticLawyer »

AFK with limited access until Sunday night. I don't want to slow down the action, so go ahead and roll for Ulrich if I'm not responding in time! He'll try to protect Jovak, heal the wounded, and fight off mermen (in that order).

Return to “A New Hope to the West”