It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 1000
Ulrich quickly and quietly puts away his glowing coin. He keeps a firm grip on his mace.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Lauranna makes sure she is away from the coin.

"I am here. make a plan, I will make first strike" a voice comes from nothingness

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
Emm hears the voice she knows so well, and can't contain a muddy smile, but her disciplined mind offers only what her dear friend asked. I can burn some of them, perhaps many of them. Boil them inside their armor, at least 5 of them. 5 more can be set ablaze with the Fire of the Faerie, making them easier targets. Her black eyes dart amongst those present. My most powerful fire may envelope us all, and our protection enchantments will certainly be rendered inert shortly. We need to decide, if we plan to employ it, it must be soon.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Lauranna answers, "Yes, go now, but let me strike first."

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
Bog shakes his head, "Its a bad place for a fight, that room. One small opening into the room prevents them from bringing all to the fight, but it prevents us from doing the same, as well. Better if we can lure them into the passage between the opening and the dead carrion creature. But I fear we need to silence that robed man first, in case he is a caster. Or maybe we could leave the silence stone where it is. If we can lure them there, then we have the advantage. They cannot communicate with each other. They cannot cast spells that must be spoken or use infernal wands requiring a magical word."

He pauses, a thought flashing in his mind, "But keep in mind, they have no place to retreat to. They will be desperate, and that's never a trait you want in your enemy for it makes them do stupid things."

He nods at Emm, "Lets lure them out by cooking them alive in their armour. Focus on the hobgoblins, if you can. Or maybe the ogre and the hobs. Then we replace the stone and you retreat back here where we can set a line. Lauranna, maybe you can hide by the hole and wait for the moment to strike the robed one from behind."

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 1000
Ulrich nods in agreement with the plan. He whispers a quick prayer to Moradin before hefting his mace and shield.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
Emm also nods. The robed one, may I understand he is not our quarry? This is strange. Her thoughts wander a moment, then she continues. He will be the last to follow, perhaps not at all. For a short time I will be their target. If for some reason I am unable to complete my prayer, I will retreat immediately.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
"What do you mean? Not our quarry? Yes, he certainly is. I do not know what he wears under his robes, however, so no, I don't think he should be a target of your spell." Bog replies.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
"He is my target with my blade, spells can follow, but I will get a stab in." A voice comes in from the darkness

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
I agree to this, Emm is satisfied with the knowledge brought forth by her friends in the know. Her purpose is set before her.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
Bog nods, hoping everyone is clear with the plan.

"Emm, I'll keep the silenced stone back here by the entrance so you can cast your spell from the passageway. As soon as I see you heading this way, I'll moveforward to intercept, with the stone in my pocket. So the silence will stay on me. If you need to cast a spell, move away from me. Lauranna, move into place before Emm does her thing. Everyone else, get ready for a fight. Bring your best to this one; we're gonna need it."

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
Emm again nods affirmation. I will step ahead when I hear the bastard scream and begin scalding. It will take a minute or 2 for the magic to effect, tho. In that time you can take the lead. I'll follow up with the Fire of the Faerie.

Who is NOT protected from fire?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
OOC: I don't know if Bog is...

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Lauranna is not, but not necessary.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
I only ask because Emm could toss a gem or 2 from her necklace and possibly wipe out anything with less than 4 HD. Ain't gonna do it if allies are in the line of fire.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
Oh! Well, we could leave the cave for a second if that's what you had in mind. Would certainly help get rid of the numerous orcs and hobs and leave an ogre and a robed human.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
What is the effect of the Necklace of Missiles?

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
Nuke66 wrote:
What is the effect of the Necklace of Missiles?


They're just like fireballs, right? So like the spell, but adjusted according to the HD of the bead you're throwing. Or is this a different sort of necklace?

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
The same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group