It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:47 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 982
Ulrich does a quick patdown of the bodies, making sure there are no other usable items left behind. He also quickly checks the area around the bodies.

To Manoah he says, "We need to get back. Let's go!" With that, Ulrich bounds back towards their previous position. He hopes that the brief exposure did not endanger himself or his companions....

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
onlyme wrote:
Manoah picks up the daggers, checking to see if there is anything special about them to allow their survival in such a fireball.

~ The ranger climbs down into the pooling rainwater of the former watch blind and retrieves the two previously-unseen daggers. The first looks to be Karagonian masterwork or better with a unique insignia at the base of the blade by the handle. The other is a beautiful, jeweled eastern dagger that might also be masterwork or even magical. It has a black, tanto-styled blade and a series of connected glyphs or other strange symbology in red around the top and bottom of the pommel...

SocraticLawyer wrote:
Ulrich does a quick patdown of the bodies, making sure there are no other usable items left behind. He also quickly checks the area around the bodies. ...

Seeing Manoah step down into the depression and retrieve the daggers, Ulrich decides to follow suit and make a quick reconnoiter of the bodies and immediate area for any missed items or valuables. The cleric conducts a more careful search of the two magical fire victims but finds nothing save charred skin, bone and remnants of leather armor. He does note the burned up weapons and tools scattered about, both crude axe and pick heads without their wood shafts and a few metal handles without blades. Also scattered about within the depression are some two dozen or so small lumps of burned metal and a few coins here and there. Most of the coins and lumps appear to be copper and silver but some look like gold, and the dwarf concludes the small clumps of metal were likely coins that could not withstand the intense magical heat of the multiple fireball blasts.

Mighty Hazara continues her daily ascension in the eastern skies whilst the rain continues to pour and the winds howl with ominous portent. There is still no sign of Emm nor of Bogdan and Lauranna...


Actions!

Questions?

*******************************************

OOC: okay, stopped things here to note results of the dagger inspections & search of the former watch blind. Positioning & TOD adjusted

SL: I know you'd already declared that Ulrich would leap back down the muddy trail to reach the cover of the treeline there but wanted to stop short here to see if there was anything else he wanted to do and/or give onlyme (Manoah) a chance to respond.

Or for Rexx to post for Emm?? :) Either way, will plan on moving things forward mid-week if no further action(s) are posted!

TOD: 7:18am Day 13 on island (Total time since departed Karagonia: almost 23 days)

If you have any questions, or need additional clarification, please let me know!


HPs/Status: Emm 20/20 , Manoah 43/43 , Ulrich 28/28
WIH (primary/secondary):
Emm – ??? / spear & shield / SC
Manoah – 2 found daggers / +2 short bow* & fine flight arrow ; +1 longsword, dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Ulrich – none / +1 mace & shield ; holy symbol & SC
-----
Griffo - short bow* & fine flight arrow / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Thalion - longbow* / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Hollis - magical crossbow* & special quarrel / hand axe & dagger (normal/special quarrels fired: 0/0)
(SC = spell component/spell to cast, * indicates loaded & ready to fire/or to throw at beginning of round)

Light Sources / Illumination:
- none / Light of dawn

Spells cast:
Emm: Protection From Fire x3
Ulrich: CLW , Silence, 15' Radius, Resist Fire

M.O./Location:
Down inside the watch blind depression: Manoah , Ulrich
Back down in the treeline providing fire support: Griffo , Hollis , Thalion
Disappeared into the foliage east of the trail: Emm
Lying unconscious within the treeline by the others: Cutler


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Manoah follows Ulrich back to the cover, wondering why these newly acquired daggers survived the fireball.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 982
Ulrich heads back per the earlier post.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:23 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
~ The burned up bodies and former watch blind are searched for any items of import or potential clues. Other than the two fine daggers, the rain-soaked duo find nothing substantial that wasn't destroyed by magical fire...

SocraticLawyer wrote:
... "We need to get back. Let's go!" With that, Ulrich bounds back towards their previous position. He hopes that the brief exposure did not endanger himself or his companions....

Manoah acknowledges Ulrich and watches the magical boot wearing cleric bound effortlessly some 30 feet down the trail. The landing is somewhat sketchy due the slick and muddy conditions but the metal-armored dwarf manages to stay upright and makes another hop down into the cover of the treeline...

The ranger stashes the two fine daggers he picked up in his belt and follows suit, but his descent is by more normal method and means. Again using his hands to stabilize himself, he climbs out of the rainwater-filled depression and makes a controlled slide down the super-slick game path to rejoin the others waiting below.

Griffo and Thalion breath a noticeable sigh of relief upon the cleric and ranger's safe return. The halfling and Sylvan-elf shooters report no further sight nor sign of their wand of fire-wielding enemy, nor of Bogdan and Lauranna for that matter. Also mentioned in the MIA sitrep is Emm. The druidess has not been seen nor heard of since she disappeared into the thick flora some five minutes past.

Hollis looks over to Manoah expectantly but purposely not over invested with hope. "How bad is it? Was she up there then?"


Actions!

Questions?

*******************************************

OOC: apols for the long delay, lads. Back at it! :)

~ Please note WIH and any specific/different positioning with next post!

TOD: 7:20am Day 13 on island (Total time since departed Karagonia: almost 23 days)

If you have any questions, or need additional clarification, please let me know!


HPs/Status: Emm 20/20 , Manoah 43/43 , Ulrich 28/28
WIH (primary/secondary):
Emm – ??? / spear & shield / SC
Manoah – ??? / +2 short bow* & fine flight arrow ; +1 longsword, dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Ulrich – ??? / +1 mace & shield ; holy symbol & SC
-----
Griffo - short bow* & fine flight arrow / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Thalion - longbow* / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Hollis - magical crossbow* & special quarrel / hand axe & dagger (normal/special quarrels fired: 0/0)
(SC = spell component/spell to cast, * indicates loaded & ready to fire/or to throw at beginning of round)

Light Sources / Illumination:
- none / Light of dawn

Spells cast:
Emm: Protection From Fire x3
Ulrich: CLW , Silence, 15' Radius, Resist Fire

M.O./Location:
Back down in the treeline: Manoah , Ulrich
Providing fire support on station: Griffo , Hollis , Thalion
Last seen entering the foliage east of the trail: Emm
Lying unconscious within the treeline by the others: Cutler


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Manoah nods,

Yes she was. Never had a chance.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:57 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
onlyme wrote:
Manoah nods,

Yes she was. Never had a chance.

Although certainly not expecting good news, Hollis still seems deflated. Griffo and Thalion share a look of both anger and regret.

"I wonder how these two were found out? Uncle Ziller said Sergeant Cutler here was the best recon soldier in the entire Hatmarin Division, and had been behind enemy lines countless times," the young man proffers with a tone of consternation. "Can't believe he'd have been careless about giving away their position..."

Looking somewhat disgruntled now himself, Hollis slings his black crossbow and moves over next to the nearly burned to death master sergeant lying in the grass and weeds just off the trail. He checks for his pulse and leans down close to his face to see if he can still hear the man breathing.

"Well, he's still alive. I was thinking... shouldn't we give him some more healing, to see if we can get him conscious again? I'm betting he might have something to say about our adversary, or at least some important information..."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 982
Argennian wrote:
onlyme wrote:
Manoah nods,

Yes she was. Never had a chance.

Although certainly not expecting good news, Hollis still seems deflated. Griffo and Thalion share a look of both anger and regret.

"I wonder how these two were found out? Uncle Ziller said Sergeant Cutler here was the best recon soldier in the entire Hatmarin Division, and had been behind enemy lines countless times," the young man proffers with a tone of consternation. "Can't believe he'd have been careless about giving away their position..."

Ulrich
chimes in. "No," he says. "The two bodies we saw were not from our ship. Both were human males.

"Yet if they weren't from our group, then who were they? What were they doing here? And why were they attacked by the same foe we seek?"


Argennian wrote:
Looking somewhat disgruntled now himself, Hollis slings his black crossbow and moves over next to the nearly burned to death master sergeant lying in the grass and weeds just off the trail. He checks for his pulse and leans down close to his face to see if he can still hear the man breathing.

"Well, he's still alive. I was thinking... shouldn't we give him some more healing, to see if we can get him conscious again? I'm betting he might have something to say about our adversary, or at least some important information..."

"You are correct." Ulrich casts Cure Light Wounds. Cure light wounds [1d8] = 1 :( If the extra HP does no additional help, Ulrich may cast again, but he'll wait to see the reaction first.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Manoah retracts his comment, somewhat confused.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I didnt think your friend would be wearing such things, but also wasnt expecting to see others there instead.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
~ Although blustery gales continue to whip and howl and the incessant deluge persist, daylight propagates and seeks to better reveal the soaked island environs around the party...

Still kneeling in the mud by Cutler's side, Hollis looks up and over to Ulrich expectantly. The dwarf considers him and rewards an unexpected bonus of hope...

SocraticLawyer wrote:
... "No," he says. "The two bodies we saw were not from our ship. Both were human males.

The young man's eyes grow large as the cleric rescinds the ranger's previous potential deathblow to hope. Griffo looks back at the Curate of Moradin then to Hollis with a smile and look of relief. Thalion remains fixated on the bluff above with longbow and readied arrow to hand, yet exalts a triumphant harrumph under Sylvan-elf breath.

Manoah acknowledges the good news by retracting his previous assumption, and appears confused by the fact he had not been more observant. Nor hopeful...
onlyme wrote:
... Oh yeah, that makes sense. I didn't think your friend would be wearing such things, but also wasn't expecting to see others there instead.

Ulrich nods in agreement with the ranger and continues...
SocraticLawyer wrote:
"Yet if they weren't from our group, then who were they? What were they doing here? And why were they attacked by the same foe we seek?"

Hollis considers the dwarf's queries. He shrugs and furrows his brow in consideration of the mystery. Griffo looks back to Ulrich to proffer a thought. "Mayhap they were the pirates that landed in the cove yonder. Could be Cutler took 'em prisoner, and was going to find out why they were here?"

"Regardless, do not forget Caelvanna is still missing. If she was not among the dead in the blind, then where is she?" Thalion responds in query to his halfling archer mate and the others, further muddying the dark waters of dread and inconclusiveness...

More questions than answers to be sure, and the remaining southern strike team do their best to consider the possibilities and potentialities. Ulrich looks to Hollis again and seems to find wisdom with his idea of them applying further aid to the incapacitated cook. He steps over to Cutler and kneels down beside him. He touches the man's scarred forehead, makes a series of somatic gestures with his free hand and casts cure light wounds on him (+1hp)

The curative spell goes off, and although hard to note any change in appearance, the gravely burned man does seem to relax a bit and breathe noticeably easier. Ulrich leans down in the muddy soil to more closely examine him and soon realizes that although he's no longer leaning on death's door, he's going to need more aid to regain consciousness.

As if on cue, Hollis takes an invisible slap of memory recall across his visage and unslings his crossbow and satchel. He reaches inside the rain-soaked pack to produce one of Shanny's healing elixirs. He looks to Manoah and Ulrich before offering the obvious.

"We can use this now! Right?" he asks with uncertainty but another obvious investment in hope. "If'n we give him little sips and such, he might come round eventually... Then you could save your healing magics for another," the young man proffers to the cleric...


Actions!

Questions?

*******************************************

OOC: pretty sure we covered this earlier in the game, but too late to try and find the post...

Anyways, a character can be administered a healing potion, elixir, curative, liquids, etc. while still unconscious and/or incapacitated, but has to be done very slowly (1-3 turns depending on how injured they are) or there's a possibility it won't be as effective (i.e. from spilling, making the recipient cough/choke in their compromised condition, etc., etc.).

~ But most certainly not going to stop you if'n you wish to have Ulrich cast another CLW, Big D! :mrgreen:

POP: Please note WIH and any specific/different positioning with next post!

TOD: 7:23am Day 13 on island (Total time since departed Karagonia: almost 23 days)

If you have any questions, or need additional clarification, please let me know!


HPs/Status: Emm 20/20 , Manoah 43/43 , Ulrich 28/28
WIH (primary/secondary):
Emm – ??? / spear & shield / SC
Manoah – ??? / +2 short bow & fine flight arrow ; +1 longsword, dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Ulrich – none / +1 mace & shield ; holy symbol & SC
-----
Griffo - short bow* & fine flight arrow / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Thalion - longbow* / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Hollis - healing elixir / magical crossbow & special quarrel / hand axe & dagger (normal/special quarrels fired: 0/0)
(SC = spell component/spell to cast, * indicates loaded & ready to fire/or to throw at beginning of round)

Light Sources / Illumination:
- none / Light of dawn

Spells cast:
Emm: Protection From Fire x3
Ulrich: CLW x2, Silence, 15' Radius, Resist Fire

M.O./Location:
Back down in the treeline: Manoah , Ulrich , Hollis
Providing fire support on station: Griffo , Thalion
Last seen entering the foliage east of the trail... : Emm
Lying unconscious within the treeline by the others: Cutler


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 982
Argennian wrote:
"We can use this now! Right?" he asks with uncertainty but another obvious investment in hope. "If'n we give him little sips and such, he might come round eventually... Then you could save your healing magics for another," the young man proffers to the cleric...

"Not yet, my friend," says Ulrich. He concentrates, and calls upon Moradin to aid him again.

Cure light wounds [1d8] = 2

OOC: Twice as powerful as last time! :lol:
If Cutler doesn't come around from the latest healing spell, Ulrich uses the elixir.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
~ The incessant storm continues to rage on and about the island and party as Ulrich considers the young man's hopeful query regarding the application of Shanny's healing elixir. Although he and the others are all agreed that getting Cutler conscious again is of vital import to disseminating what in the nine hells happened, the stoic dwarf shakes his head in the negative...

SocraticLawyer wrote:
... "Not yet, my friend," says Ulrich. He concentrates, and calls upon Moradin to aid him again...

The Curate of Moradin clears his throat, straightens his posture, and again goes through his previous modus operandi, placing one hand on Cutler's forehead, making the same series of somatic gestures with the other and casting cure light wounds (+2hp).

Once again the spell goes off, but despite the rising crescendo of collective hope amongst those gathered, the cook still does not regain consciousness. He does, however, take a proper deep breath and moves his arms and legs for the first time. Much of the burned-crispy skin barely hanging falls off and is replaced by new skin. Most of his complexion turns a healthier color and smoother texture as well.

Ulrich frowns at first, obviously hoping his last curative spell would've gotten Cutler across the finish line of attentiveness. He relents from this internal contention and nods to Hollis. The young man readily acknowledges the dwarf's unspoken permission, sitting down Indian-style in the muddy soil, and with great care, pulling the unconscious magical fire victim up into his lap so his head is higher than his body. He uncorks the elixir and begins slowly pouring little bits of the homemade curative into Cutler's mouth. The nearly burned to death master sergeant chokes and coughs at first, so Hollis slows down his ministrations. The young boy also talks to his impromptu charge, first introducing himself and then promising that he and the still-missing Caelvanna will be avenged, if it takes his last dying breath to do so...


~ The going is eternally slow as the rain pounds the pervasive canopy above and the blustery winds whip through the treeline. Ulrich is impressed by Hollis, that he has the knowledge and sensitivity to be so attentive at his young age, but perhaps not as much as Manoah. The ranger cannot help but consider that this fellow's merging with the Khoryloh gem has most definitely changed him. He is no longer the shattered and withdrawn boy who witnessed his father and uncle murdered on their voyage to the islands, but has grown into a young man with an incredible drive and resolve.

Minutes pass until Cutler's eyes suddenly flutter open. He grabs hold of Hollis's hand and grits his teeth at the effort, a look of confusion and pain screwed upon his visage.

"It's okay! I'm a friend... of The Hands! We're here to help!" Hollis exalts as he tries to reassure the now conscious and frantic man. "Look! I'm here with Ulrich and the others," he reassures as he sets down the elixir and cradles Cutler's head so he can look up and out.

Cutler sees the dwarf and recognition finally slaps him, causing him to relax a bit. He then sees Manoah, and after starring for sometime, his eyes become watery. He tries to speak but the words will not form, so he beckons Hollis to give him more curative. The young man does so and after about a minute, pours the last bit. The cook clears his throat and coughs again but this time recovers much faster. When next he speaks, they can understand his words.

"It... twas a trap... .... that bastard... ... knew we were there... ... Caelvanna! ... In danger!" he explains and then begins to try and sit up. The will is most definitely there but his condition is still too compromised to allow it...



Actions!

Questions?

*******************************************

OOC: okay gang, we're once again back to it!

Please note WIH (if any) and any specific/different positioning with next post!

TOD: 7:30am Day 13 on island (Total time since departed Karagonia: almost 23 days)

If you have any questions, or need additional clarification, please let me know!


HPs/Status: Emm ??/20 , Manoah 43/43 , Ulrich 28/28
WIH (primary/secondary):
Manoah – ??? / +2 short bow & fine flight arrow ; +1 longsword, dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Ulrich – none / +1 mace & shield ; holy symbol & SC
-----
Griffo - short bow* & fine flight arrow / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Thalion - longbow* / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Hollis - Cutler / magical crossbow & special quarrel / hand axe & dagger (normal/special quarrels fired: 0/0)
(SC = spell component/spell to cast, * indicates loaded & ready to fire/or to throw at beginning of round)

Light Sources / Illumination:
- none / Light of dawn

Spells cast:
Emm: Protection From Fire x3
Ulrich: CLW x3, Silence, 15' Radius, Resist Fire

M.O./Location:
Back down in the treeline: Manoah , Ulrich , Hollis , Griffo , Thalion
Providing fire support on station: Griffo , Thalion
Providing support to Cutler: Hollis
Lying within the treeline by the others and now conscious!: Cutler
Last seen entering the foliage east of the trail: Emm


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:50 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 982
At the mention of a trap, Ulrich focuses his attention around him. He looks all around, and readies his mace and shield. "Which way?!" he asks, getting ready to leap towards the enemy.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Manoah will hold his arrow ready, covering the medics in case whoever did this comes their way.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3355
Location: Midwest
PM sent.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
~ Cutler gets his first tangible words out since regaining consciousness, causing consternation and perhaps some confusion within the relief turned rescue party...

Ulrich jumps to his feet at the mention of a trap, taking up his mace and shield and looking about the surrounding area for any signs of pertinent danger. Manoah follows suit, knocking an arrow, turning up his ranger awareness and keeping his head on a swivel to perform a continuous reconnoiter of the party's perimeter. Griffo and Thalion still have fingers on their bowstring triggers and remain focused on the bluff above, looking for any sign of the fireballing mage or anything else that could be considered perilous and unhealthy to the party's existence. So far nothing but howling wind, pounding rain and muddy runoff on collective radars...

"Which way?!" Ulrich asks of the just-revived cook, ready to utilize his magic boots to spring towards any enemy that presents themselves.

Cutler shakes his head and asks Hollis for water. The young man is quick to oblige and helps him take a few sips from his waterskin. The crisped cook coughs again, recovers with a few deep breaths and proffers a follow up supplemental.

"That wandy bastard... somehow discovered us... in the blind... must've charmed... or paid... leader of them pirates... landed yonder... to have a go at us...

"... Caelvanna... went above... to the bluff... to get better look... just before... they attacked me... in the blind,"
he trails off, coughing at the effort in his compromised condition. Hollis gives him more water and works on getting another one of Shanny's healing elixirs out of his pack as Cutler continues...

"... I fought 'em off... took em prisoner... began questioning 'em... ... then that bastard... burned us down... ... should've known... or suspected," he details with a look of regret. ".... Caelvanna... where is she? ... ... did she... fall?"


Actions!

Questions?

*******************************************

TOD: 7:32am Day 13 on island (Total time since departed Karagonia: almost 23 days)

If you have any questions, or need additional clarification, please let me know!


HPs/Status: Emm ??/20 , Manoah 43/43 , Ulrich 28/28
WIH (primary/secondary):
Manoah – +2 short bow* & fine flight arrow ; +1 longsword, dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Ulrich – +1 mace & shield ; holy symbol & SC
Emm - ????
-----
Griffo - short bow* & fine flight arrow / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Thalion - longbow* / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Hollis - Cutler / magical crossbow & special quarrel / hand axe & dagger (normal/special quarrels fired: 0/0)
(SC = spell component/spell to cast, * indicates loaded & ready to fire/or to throw at beginning of round)

Light Sources / Illumination:
- none / Light of dawn

Spells cast:
Emm: Protection From Fire x3
Ulrich: CLW x3, Silence, 15' Radius, Resist Fire

M.O./Location:
Back down in the treeline: Manoah , Ulrich , Hollis , Griffo , Thalion
Providing fire support on station: Manoah , Griffo , Thalion
Providing support to Cutler: Hollis
Lying within the treeline by the others and now conscious!: Cutler
Last seen entering the foliage east of the trail: Emm


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Manoah shakes his head.
"We havent found her. Come on, I guess we should go there and check it out.

He holds his arrow ready and proceed up the path.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3355
Location: Midwest
Emm holds for the moment.

Emm is like 80' to the right of the trail party in the jungle, doing her best Thief imitation, trying to get closer to our foe undetected. Failing utterly.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 982
onlyme wrote:
Manoah shakes his head.
"We havent found her. Come on, I guess we should go there and check it out.

He holds his arrow ready and proceed up the path.

Ulrich nods and follows the ranger. Mace and shield in hand, he makes ready to leap at a moment's notice.

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
~ Cutler looks up at the rescue party after asking about Caelvanna. His eyes are watery with hope as he waits for confirmation. Hollis looks to Manoah and Ulrich with both anticipation and dread of the official response...

Manoah answers first, shaking his head in the negative with a slight shrug of uncertainty.
onlyme wrote:
... "We haven't found her." ......

The burned down cook closes his eyes and mouths a prayer. Hope may be fleeting but lingers still. Hollis gets the second healing elixir out and begins assisting Cutler with its consumption...

Meanwhile, there's still no sign of Bog and Lauranna, nor of Emm for that matter. The former duo went invisible and silenced and disappeared a few turns ago whilst the druidess vanished into the brush east of the trail with hardly a word shortly thereafter. Griffo and Thalion remain on station within the edge of the treeline, eyes and weapons trained on the bluff above...

The ranger and cleric, however, prepare to conduct a search for their missing mate and fellow escapee...
onlyme wrote:
"Come on, I guess we should go there and check it out."

Ulrich merely nods in acquiescence and readiness and prepares to head out, his mace and shield at the ready. With an arrow still knocked, Manoah nods back and the two of them begin making for the steep trail, which is more like a small river of runoff than an easily navigable path.

The ranger and cleric find the going slippery to say the least with weapons to hand and make it about halfway to the first switchback and former watch blind when suddenly a small section of muddy hillside gives way just above them...


*** Need d20 Dex checks for Manoah & Ulrich here, please! ***


*******************************************

OOC: I know I already pointed out it would take the use of both hands and feet to safely navigate the trail with no chance of slipping in its extremely muddy & compromised condition. So let's see what happens! :)

~ a successful Dex check made (with a small modifier on my end) will mean the PCs don't slip and go for a ride.

POP: Ulrich's magical boots do allow him the ability to make great strides and springing leaps but do not by definition counter slippery conditions. I will, however, assess a bonus to his Dex roll (minus, of course, my modifier!).

TOD: 7:36am Day 13 on island (Total time since departed Karagonia: almost 23 days)

If you have any questions, or need additional clarification, please let me know!


HPs/Status: Emm ??/20 , Manoah 43/43 , Ulrich 28/28
WIH (primary/secondary):
Manoah – +2 short bow* & fine flight arrow ; +1 longsword, dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Ulrich – +1 mace & shield ; holy symbol & SC
Emm - ????
-----
Griffo - short bow* & fine flight arrow / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Thalion - longbow* / longsword & dagger (fine arrows fired: 0)
Hollis - Cutler / magical crossbow & special quarrel / hand axe & dagger (normal/special quarrels fired: 0/0)
(SC = spell component/spell to cast, * indicates loaded & ready to fire/or to throw at beginning of round)

Light Sources / Illumination:
- none / Light of dawn

Spells cast:
Emm: Protection From Fire x3
Ulrich: CLW x3, Silence, 15' Radius, Resist Fire

M.O./Location:
Halfway up the muddy trail to first switchback: Manoah & Ulrich
Providing fire support on station: Manoah , Griffo , Thalion
Providing support to Cutler: Hollis
Lying within the treeline by the others and now conscious!: Cutler
Last seen entering the foliage east of the trail: Emm


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group