OOC / Questions? Pt.2

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions? Pt.2

#161 Post by tkrexx »

Big THUMBS UP! I gotta big purge about a year ahead of me, and I'm gonna need to reconcile that in my head beforehand... It was MY idea to sell out and run off, so backing out is not an option. Pride, Brother. It ain't easy.

Rxx

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#162 Post by Alethan »

I hate moving. It reminds me of how much crap I have that I don't need.

I've been quiet about it On the forums, but I separated from my ex wife last October and was officially divorced in May. Don't feel sorry for me; it happened for a reason.

But I had to move. And packing up and moving, especially my woodworking shop, was a huge pain. I still have stuff in boxes, but am slowly going through round one of purging stuff. Tools first. And once I'm done with round one, I'll build some storage (saw till, traditional tool chest) and store the tools I need. Then I'll go through a second purge to remove excess tools I feel like I should have but don't really need. It's not easy.

Purging other stuff wasn't too bad.

Anyway... Change isn't all bad, Mitch. It keeps us growing and hopefully bettering ourselves.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:Big THUMBS UP! I gotta big purge about a year ahead of me, and I'm gonna need to reconcile that in my head beforehand... It was MY idea to sell out and run off, so backing out is not an option. Pride, Brother. It ain't easy.

Rxx
High marks for any fore-planning of the upcoming Purging Assault, brother! I had more than a few months to plan mine. Looking back, I definitely could've made better use of that time... <Sigh>

We all know how powerful that Hindsight spell is! Oh and that Pride thing too... 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:I hate moving. It reminds me of how much crap I have that I don't need.
Truer words were never spoken! 8-)
Alethan wrote:I've been quiet about it On the forums, but I separated from my ex wife last October and was officially divorced in May. Don't feel sorry for me; it happened for a reason.

But I had to move. And packing up and moving, especially my woodworking shop, was a huge pain. I still have stuff in boxes, but am slowly going through round one of purging stuff. Tools first. And once I'm done with round one, I'll build some storage (saw till, traditional tool chest) and store the tools I need. Then I'll go through a second purge to remove excess tools I feel like I should have but don't really need. It's not easy.

Purging other stuff wasn't too bad.

Damn! Easy?? I couldn't imagine parting with any tools, Al! That must be extremely tough. I mean, if I had duplicates, or maybe my roommate had one, that would be one thing, but I'm too much of a "don't like to rely on others" kind a guy when it comes to wrenching (or in your case woodworking)! As soon as I come across a job that requires a special tool, I always want to go out and buy it so I never have to complain about not having it twice! Granted it's not a gazillion dollars or a I'll-never-use-it-again-application, of course...

All the other stuff? Meh... :lol:
Alethan wrote:Anyway... Change isn't all bad, Mitch. It keeps us growing and hopefully bettering ourselves.
I'd like to think so too, brother. I'm ecstatic to have purged so much and streamlined my life. Once I get all the boxes here unpacked and sorted, it will be a continuing mission with my storage unit... :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Argennian »

Yo fellers!

Almost there with next action post but have to run out and help a friend in need. Looking to have that up later tonight, or tomorrow morning if this turns into a real Mike Mike (major mission) situation!

Regardless, hope everyone's good and that you all enjoy our first weekend of fall!

(Damn if this year hasn't been flying by!)

Best,

Mitch

PS - & on the tool front, or should say 'Tool OCD' front actually, was helping my roomy replace the harmonic balancer & front crank seal on his Sprinter van. Well, he's doing the work & I'm merely supplying tools & advice (only if asked for! ;) )

I had the air gun & breaker bar and the correct 1/2" drive deep impact socket with right size extension, as well as some smaller metric torx sockets he needed for something else. All good so far. Then it came to reassembly... Believe it or not, they're calling for 240 ft-lbs torque PLUS 90 degrees (1/4 turn) for that bolt! :shock:

My biggest torque wrench only goes to 150 ft-lbs. And there's also a special tool that locks the flex plate at the bell housing to keep the motor from spinning when you're applying that Hill Giant torque (but that was only @ $20 and will be here Monday). Needless to say, I was stunned at those values. And of course humiliated that I didn't have the right torque wrench! :oops:

Ahh, woe are those who suffer from tool addiction...
:)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Argennian »

Gents,

Apols for the late check in, things went Sierra Utah Bravo with that Mike Mike and finally getting things wrapped. Will get us back up running late this evening/early am when able!

-M-

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Argennian »

Okay guys, here's a list of the latest treasure just identified.

The items book description & page number for these is in the Party Encounters: Kills, Treasure & XP thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=509&p=187616#p187616

From/about the gnome skeleton (apparently killed by assassin vine):

+2 Leather Armor Emm!
Boots of Striding & Springing (A) Ulrich! 8-)
Necklace of Fireballs (D,M) Emm
Ring of Wizardry (M,I) Lauranna
+2 Axes of Hurling (As,F,P,R) Bogdan
+1/+3 Jewel-handled eastern throwing knife (A) Lauranna
Bone scroll case w/ 2 M-U spell scrolls #1 (2 spells): Floating Disk, Unseen Servant , #2 Scroll of Warding vs. Elementals (M) Lauranna
Ornate wrought silver quill stylus (M,I,C) Lauranna
Ion Stone, Clear Spindle-shaped (A) Bogdan
Vial of Stone Salve (A) Emm & Ulrich (one dose each)
Set of masterwork thieves picks & tools (As,T) Lauranna
Large, ancient looking key Bogdan

Allowable classes
A = Any
As = Assassin
C = Cleric
D = Druid
F = Fighter
I = Illusionist
M = Magic-User
P = Paladin
R = Ranger
T = Thief

Please let me know if you have any questions!! :)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Argennian »

Yo Fellas!

Almost there with our next action post but ran out of time before the on call popped again.

Looking to get that up by tonight and forward to the upcoming fun! :)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Argennian »

Hey all,

Wanted to pipe in to report been stuck going near nonstop since last post. Just got home from crazy last two days at work and already have 2 on call tickets for tomorrow. I'll work on as much as I can now but likely won't finish till tomorrow night or even Sunday if tomorrow is insanity continued. Really hope nothing pops Sunday so I can have a day off and get things caught up proper.

Thank yous going out again for your patience and do hope everyone here and theirs are doing well! :)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Argennian »

Gents,

Wanted to pop in with another Alpha Utah. The weekend on call was nonstop insane. Every time I'd get home, kick off my shoes and sit down at the computer, another ticket would pop and I'd have to roll back out. So I stopped taking off my shoes. Didn't matter. Twaddle! I'm not a young man anymore and only have so much energy to expend before the dilithium crystals run dry. Ended up clocking a 70+ hour week but with reserves running low, think I managed to catch the flu that's been going around from my roomy. :roll: Extra money's always great but not like that...

Anyways, have one more appointment today and think I'll be taking a day or two off to recover. Going to imbibe a Potion of Nyquil when I get home, and am hopeful the medicinal necromancy will break the concatenation of malady straight away. And as excited as I am to have both groups finally merged and get launched on the next chapter, don't think I'm going to be attempting too much more late night driving at the keyboard, as must've screwed up somehow while sleep typing and lost most of what I'd written since late last week... :evil:

Okay, off to see the wizard. Stay safe, warm and well, friends.

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Argennian »

Hey all, just wanted to pop in to say still alive but really wishing felt better. Dropped below 250lbs. for the first time since 2005 with this latest flu. That, along with the you-know-what's I work for and more large doses of RL bullshite drama have proven harder to deal with & overcome than originally hoped. :(

Anyways, will try and get the next post up as soon as can manage. I know these delay updates are not what any of you want to read and not what I want to type either but thought I'd at least try to maintain my previously-failed commitments to try & do better job at the communication thing. Reminds me of a little saying I have regarding me and my coworkers/company: "Communications... the one thing we can't seem to master"

Hope everyone and theirs are doing well, staying safe and keeping warm.

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Argennian »

Hey guys,

First off, hoping you & your loved ones are doing well and everyone had a happy & safe holidays!

The holidays can be hard for some. This last one, as well as 2016 in general, were pretty rough for me and I'm relieved to finally see them gone. Sure there were fun times and good things happened, but all in all they seem overshadowed by the bad stuff. Especially the really bad stuff.

Anyways, not that anything's really changed but I guess it's the old adage of starting with the clean slate thing, for whatever that's worth. Still trying to get over this bout of the flu or whatever the heck it is I can't shake and looking to get things back up and running here as soon as I'm able. Appreciations again proffered for everyone's patience & understanding and hope the upcoming adventure & fun will be worth the wait!

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by tkrexx »

Second!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Argennian »

Gentlemen,

Been a few weeks since my last update and for that I apologize. Along with subsequent lamentations of indignation and remorse, however, I am deeply grateful and solaced to report I'm finally making a comeback from what ended up being another fairly serious internal infection. Having been down and out for the last couple months has been tough and certainly not the way I wanted to end last year nor start this new one.

Regardless, I'm thankfully on the mend and getting stronger every day and very much looking to make up for lost time here and everywhere else soon as I can manage. I've missed you all and being here terribly, as well as just in general being happy, laughing and having fun. Going with the old aphorism of whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to finding myself coveting the old days when I believed I was indestructible, or at least took my mental and physical health for granted due the wellspring of vitality of youth. Hard looks in the mirrors of the mind and my physical stature garner the truth of it in the end and all those broken promises of eating better, working out more and getting more sleep/time to myself are something that can no longer be averted if I'm to be serious about not continuing to go down the road to ruin.

I again thank you guys for your patience and understanding and very much hope you and yours are all doing well, staying safe and keeping warm.

Best,

Mitch

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by tkrexx »

Wow, do I hear that! I officially become a Senior Citizen today, and I'm depressed as hell! Ah, yes, we were Gods once! Keep smiling, Brother!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Argennian »

Hey all,

Wanted to offer gratuitous appreciations for everyone's quick replies here and already started working on the next action post. Regardless, I'm sure the writing is on the wall here for what's next to come. Very excited to be back and at it again and sooo looking forward to finally get us caught up and on to the next adventures! :)

Also wanted to disclose I took an unfotunate little fall on my mountain bike and fractured my left clavicle amongst a few other bumps & bruises. The collarbone's a non-displaced break, so any potential ligament/muscle/tendon damage/complications aside, I do not need surgery for that. A boon! Pretty much typing one handed at present but my best mate just recently got me a really nice office chair and it's waaay more comfy to sit in than the old one, even wounded. Hoping most of the swelling should be gone by tomorrow so looking to get that next action post completed & up asap!

tkrexx wrote:Wow, do I hear that! I officially become a Senior Citizen today, and I'm depressed as hell! Ah, yes, we were Gods once! Keep smiling, Brother!

No way! In the AARP brigade already?!?! :shock:

Although I certainly believe you, I choose to disbelieve! Lol (and you know I joke with you, brother!) ;)

So yes, my fellow gaming brethren, let us not degrade into despair as the sands of Father Time runneth. Nay I say! We shall turn those frowns upside down and both remember, and covet!, our past days of glory and assumed deity-dom! May they forever retain their special glory and meaning and continue to live on in our hearts and memories for all times! :geek:

I offer a toast! (in my case a shot of Sauza Tres Generations Anejo with an Emergen-C water chaser)... To our fellow gaming brethren and Ranger Lord of Role-play, TKRexx!

Keep on keeping on ya ol devil dog you!! 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by tkrexx »

:lol: Much obliged, Brother, but the next lower level of Hell came yesterday... My youngest turned 18! Yes, her birthday is a week after mine, my Superbowl Baby. 1st Superbowl I'd missed in 20-some-odd years, that day she was hatched. You take care of that collar bone, we ain't spring chickens any more.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Argennian »

Yo Fellers!

After belated birthday wishes to Nuke & Rexx (& his 18 year old daughter! :) ), wanted to chime in with my usual Alpha Utah (apology update).

First off, I badly underestimated my mountain bike crash injuries. One or two days of swelling and I'll be fine, right? Lol in addition to the realization reminder that I'm no longer young & indestructible (which we just talked about previously here!), I tried to come back waay too fast. This included walking across the Oakland Coliseum parking lot & thru the pits when the AMA/FIM Supercross was in town. That ended up tearing more of my quad and glut muscles and had me bedridden for more than 2 weeks! These last couple days are the first time I can get up and down the stairs on my own and sit in my new chair without being so freaking over-medicated that I can't focus or think straight. Follow up x-rays earlier this week are showing the clavicle & ribs in good shape & healing well, so hopefully won't be out of work for more than 2-3 weeks.

Also had some technical issues with my old laptop but just recently got a new one and working on getting it all set up and stuff transferred over. It has a 17.3" screen, which is awesome but makes my tiny desk even smaller, and is like 10x as fast as the old one. Been using it more as a TV than a computer lately, to catch up on the World Tour races & cycling events and watch old Survivorman episodes, but it feels good to join the more modern age and not have to wait for pages to load and such.

Again appreciate everyone's patience as I'm slowly getting back at it. Hope everyone here & theirs are doing well and staying safe & warm!

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “A New Hope to the West”