OOC forum

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

OOC forum

#1 Post by coil23 »

note: Welcome! I am throwing up a lot of maps and background info of the continent Faan. Don’t feel like you need to take in all or any of this information right now. It may be of use on down the road and it may serve to assist some sense of immersion but everything you need right now I will put right in front of you. One may notice that The Spine of the World mountains has already been taken by another somewhat well-known fantasy world. It seemed vaguely familiar but I did not realize/rediscover until after I had created the entire continent. I felt and still feel strongly that this name and this geography are integral to my vision of this continent. So, embarrassment and bitter resentment aside, it stays. As you may notice, I borrowed from all over the place. Better maps may come in the future but for now these will do.

With the understanding that being a DM, using this RPG system, and especially using this interface are all either rusty or new to me, I hope you will be patient with me. I also hope you will have as much fun as I do and I am looking forward to us taking the ride together. If you have feedback that may help your experience or that of others then please let me know. And feel free to ask questions about absolutely anything. Enjoy and try not to die!

player starting information

* PC classes to choose are from revised basic rules so cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief

* I recommend looking through the house rules before creating your character

* starting money is 120 gp (and this money does not count as experience)

* please post your character sheet in your private thread and we can discuss it there though you are welcome to discuss party composition in the OOC thread

* references to the North Spine merely mean the portion of the Spine of the World mountains that are north of the Kings Pass

* DM rolls will not be posted. I enjoy using real dice and,frankly, it helps to counterbalance the idea that I have to do the rest of this on the computer.

* please roll to hit and damage at the same time to speed things along

* for IC thread: blue for verbal dialogue, red for OOC comments/questions but keep this minimal, and black for PC's thoughts, actions, etc.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC forum

#2 Post by coil23 »

Just FYI, while I have an initial posting in chapter 1 we will not be starting the game until early next week.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by coil23 »

Campaign ID is 402.

i've been thinking about class options. I think I do want us to stick to basic rules options so human cleric or elf would be ok from the ones you mentioned. If you want to go with elf but use the druid spell list (with druid spell progression) instead of the magic-user spell list then I am fine with that.

For deities I am flexible. Make your case for where you want to go with that.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Pulpatoon »

Re: Party Make-up. Following the rolls, I'm making up a Halfling. He grew up among the pirates of the southern isles, but has lately been working as highway-robber, inland. Terrible Wisdom score, bad life choices.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by hedgeknight »

I'm running a Dwarf > she will have a scout personality > either outdoors or underground > will have some ranger-like attitudes and skills, but will be a true Dwarf at heart for her people and the love of the earth and all its riches.
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by coil23 »

Ok, everybody, here is our current status.

We are now at four players in this game: Mant72, hedgeknight, OGRE MAGE, and Pulpatoon. I have already PM'd Stirling about being out.

We can NPC a fifth character and start the game today or we can wait until a new fifth player can be brought onboard and ready to go. I guess a third option would be to stay at four players and I'll consider workarounds for party composition. I am vetoing the fourth option of dropping a broken cue stick in your midst and allowing nature to take its course until we are down to an economical party of two. :twisted:
I am ok with this decision being left up to consensus. What are your thoughts?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I'm ok with the pool cue idea. :shock:

I would go with 1. You seem like you're really raring to go. :D

I don't mind waiting for another player though either.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'm pretty eager to get started, so I'd vote for either a fifth NPC, or making due with 4, and picking up a fifth whenever.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by hedgeknight »

i'm with you fellas.jpg
i'm with you fellas.jpg (12.57 KiB) Viewed 4156 times

Or as an old friend of mine used to say, "Let 'er rip, tater chip!!" :mrgreen:
Winter is coming...

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Mant72 »

I'm cool with the whatever the group decides, but I'm hyped about getting started!

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by coil23 »

For those who haven't listed known languages yet please do so, including any possible extras from intelligence bonus. Here is a list I have made of languages although if you can think of others that should be added then let me know.

* common
* dwarvish
* elvish
* halfling
* gnomish
* orcish
* goblin (includes hobgoblin and bugbear)
* gnoll
* kobold
* lizardfolk
* weredonkey (just kidding?)
* ogrish
* morlock
* sahuagin
* troglodyte
* troll
* draconic

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by hedgeknight »

Got a couple of map related questions:
1/ Where is Goat's Plum Crossing on the main map?
2/ Where is the Open Barrel on the Goat's Plum Crossing map? Your description says the river runs behind it, and we came in on the northern trail > so I'm assuming it is the first real building we see on the right; maybe the one beside the house with a fence?

I love maps, but I like to know where I am when I'm there. ;)
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by coil23 »

I am going to be making a map showing the more immediate area. For now: the southern exit of the Kings Pass>go three squares diagonally northwest to where the Spine mountains jut out some> that little nook where the mountains jut out is our general area right now.

For Goat's Plum Crossing map I want to print it out, key the map, and then scan it back in but *sigh* I am having printer issues. :oops: So for now...

The road as you're coming in to town at the northeast end> three buildings to your right- two are the storage areas the caravan was un/loading to. Keep following the road and the two buildings in front of you backed up to the river- that is the Open Barrel. The largish building immediately south of that is the River Fork Inn (quiet drink). Immediately south of the inn is the biggest building in town (with walled "backyard") which seems to be some sort of public meeting place.

The three buildings just south of the southern bridge- the two smaller ones are storage buildings and the larger one behind them with its back to the river is the Prancing Nanny (loud drink).

Hope this helps. Ask if you need more/better clarification.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by hedgeknight »

Perfect!
Easy directions to follow ;)
Winter is coming...

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Mant72 »

Hi,

I'm unfamiliar with LL, so what languages would Tip know? Obviously halfling. :D

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by coil23 »

Halflings hatch from their egg already knowing...that's odd. They have nothing listed in the basic rules or AEC. I would say common and may choose two others (unless incredibly stupid) to sort of be in line with other demihuman races but am open to suggestions. They don't even have halflings listed as having their own language but it would logical to have one.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Mant72 »

Cool. Thanks!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Are we leaving the sheets in the private threads only?

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by coil23 »

Yes, please.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by coil23 »

Just to clarify, my understanding is that right now Graela is talking in the Prancing Nanny while Travix, Tip, and Salt Peter are approaching the Comfrey Leaf.

Return to “North Spine campaign (Labyrinth Lord)”