chapter 4- back to the wilderness

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: chapter 4- back to the wilderness

#461 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter rubs his furrowed brow in deep concentration, addressing Silring: "I gots a coupla' queries fer ye. We're off ter fin' a... er, whasser name, Tory-Schittel ther Nah-ger Queen, aye? An' what kin ye tell us 'bout 'er other than she be a ol' wives tale? An a nah-ger be like a snake-lass, aye? Oh... an'... ah... an' hows ther name "Sick-linen" ring in yer ear? Mother o' monsters 'r summat?"

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#462 Post by coil23 »

Silring translates the curious patois before replying. Torisssithiel, the Naga Queen, was an oracle of old. A few brave pilgrims would make the dangerous journey to consult her. She was revered in these parts, feared too, though some always maintained she was merely a myth. But knowledge of her and where she resides was lost long ago. Joining a map of three is said to reveal the path again. I think you found one of those parts. I am hoping the scholar will be able to glean clues for where to go for the other two parts. If only we could ask the monks of Deneir.

The Sikklining...she shivers. It is said to be a thing of chaos and nightmares. That thing is even further back in the myths...I had always hoped that's all it was. But the strangeness in the woods makes me wonder if the return is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#463 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix

"I believe that we already have asked the Deneir monks, my dear. Well, in their current cursed forms, anyway. They told us that the bone king must be stopped, if I'm not mistaken."

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#464 Post by coil23 »

Seeing Hennoth's face fall with the conversation, Silring gives the boy a smile and reassuring nod before speaking again. But where there are champions, there is hope. What will you do now?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by Pulpatoon »

coil23 wrote:But knowledge of her and where she resides was lost long ago. Joining a map of three is said to reveal the path again. I think you found one of those parts. I am hoping the scholar will be able to glean clues for where to go for the other two parts.
Salt Peter blushes under his nut-brown skin. "Well... Tolmeen hain't volunteer'd as much, an' I hain't sure I raised meself in 'is esty-mation, last night. I mighter been a tittle confused about the terms o' our arrangement, an' 'e mighter taken a jot o' offense."

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#466 Post by coil23 »

Silring smiles at Salt Peter. If you did offend Tolmeen I doubt it will last long. You letting him work on that map is like bricks of gold for other folk.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "Arvast, I reckon as we hain't ready ter quit this town quite yet then, aye? We ought as go an see if'm ther book-feller has any inkling o' whar ther other pieces o' ther map could be. Enny o' ye feel up ter joinin' me?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#468 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix

"I thought you said that he was already looking into that and would let us know when he learns any more about it?" :)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "Did I say that, then?"

Rubbing his temple and looking at Hennoth, he says, "Whut wuz tha' bottla' hooch ye brung me, lad? It 'ad a wallop what snuck up on me and d'livvered a kick straight ter me keister."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#470 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix

So, the consensus is to travel north instead then? To sausages and dog legs?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "Oh, aye."

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#472 Post by Mant72 »

Always thinking with his stomach, Tip eyes his companions and wonders, "Sausages are delicious, dog legs...not so much.".
Last edited by Mant72 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by hedgeknight »

"Ready to move out when the rest of you are. Been here too long already. Need to stretch my legs."
Winter is coming...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Pulpatoon »

Mant72 wrote:"Sausages are delicious, doglegs...not so much.
Salt Peter: "Best nawt ter think too much 'bout whassin a sawsage. Dog's leg 'ud be ther least o' yer concerns."

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#475 Post by coil23 »

Silring looks at the group in confusion. Sausages? I'm sure Hennoth would enjoy that kind of field trip, of course, I just didn't realize...where you will you find sausages? She seems to set understanding aside and moves on to supportive.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#476 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "An' whatter we do wit' ther goblin?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#477 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix questions Silring again.

"You don't know of the sausage mongers to the north? Best sausages around, and all that?

What can you tell us of this Hiking Dogleg place?"

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#478 Post by coil23 »

The goblin squeaks in alarm at Salt Peter's question. I'm your guide! And your cook! See, I have a spoon!

Hennoth pipes up, talking over the goblin, Madame Gelding's sausages are famous! They're delicious, especially the headcheese! They're up north in...in... His voice falters as he searches for words.

Silring's face lights up in recognition, Drumlin, dear? The boy nods vigorously. The woman continues, That's right, people speak highly of her sausages and she is up in the village of Drumlin. Never tried them myself. You want to meet Madame Gelding?

She addresses your other question as well, Hiking Doglegg...everyone expects frontier towns to be rough places and that is especially true of that place. I hear it's only gotten stranger since the recent changes from the mountains. Be careful if you go there. Applejack has some dealings with that community. Be careful in general going north closer to the mountains. No one is sure what happened in Cool Water after all. The North Spine's shadow looms larger these days. I fear it creeps nearer our little Goat's Plum before long. I'm growing fond of you all, and not just because you are looking after Hennoth here.

The boy's brow furrows at this, unsure if Silring is saying he needs a babysitter.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#479 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela gives the goblin a sour look and turns her head to spit. "Salty, remind me ta get some more rations for the trip. I'd just as soon gnaw on a rock than to trust what a filthy gobbo puts in the stew pot!"

Graela then says, "To Drumlin then. The sooner we leave, the better. Hennoth, fetch the dogs, would ya?"
Winter is coming...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#480 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter eyes the goblin quizzically, not understanding gobbletongue.

To Graela, he answers: "Don' rush ther jib, now, Graeler. P'raps we oughter drop by Applyjacks, first. Mebbe we could pick up a job, if'n 'e needs ennything carted up ter Hikin' Dogleg."

Return to “North Spine campaign (Labyrinth Lord)”