chapter 4- back to the wilderness

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: chapter 4- back to the wilderness

#441 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter rolls over witha groan, smacks his pasty tongue and rubs his bleary red eyes. "AVAST! I be struck down by a witch's curse! I been fed poison! Don' speak ter me o' food—Death 'angs b'fur me eyes!"

Rolling to the floor and wincing, he grumbles "'Air o' ther dawg, tha's what I be needin'."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#442 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix is up before the cooks, as old men are wont to do. He cleans himself up and dresses in his usual garb, heading downstairs to check on the groups safe room. He looks around inside to make sure that everything is in its place, especially his ornate boxes, before heading outside to watch the sunrise.

He looks around for any other early risers to converse with on this fine morning, heading back inside once there is evidence of the others being ready to break fast.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#443 Post by coil23 »

Travix steps outside briefly to take in the morning air. A stocky woman is out front hanging laundry to dry on a makeshift line attached to the Inn. She nods to Travix, mornin' to you. Not one to layabout in bed, I see. Right enough. The chores don't wait.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#444 Post by coil23 »

Boudraine starts bringing over platters of food and serving breakfast to those of you who have come down to the common room. A good night's rest, I hope? Are you off on another adventure now?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter groans, "Bring me ale, an' ship's biscuit if'n ye got it. If'n ye hain't, then a raw p'tatter, cut inna slices."

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#446 Post by coil23 »

Disgust begins to show on Boudraine's face at these crude requests but the host's veneer then drops like a curtain and he nods, murmuring: yes, biscuits and ale at once.

Miyo had been standing at attention nearby. He mouths raw potato?? in wonderment. Boudraine gestures impatiently, no dawdling, run fetch the ale.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#447 Post by OGRE MAGE »

coil23 wrote:Travix steps outside briefly to take in the morning air. A stocky woman is out front hanging laundry to dry on a makeshift line attached to the Inn. She nods to Travix, mornin' to you. Not one to layabout in bed, I see. Right enough. The chores don't wait.
Indeed they don't Madam. And It's folks like you who act as the glue that keeps society together. I for one thank you for it.

Tell me, what do you know of the Nanny? And what of Marge and her associates?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by hedgeknight »

coil23 wrote:Boudraine starts bringing over platters of food and serving breakfast to those of you who have come down to the common room. A good night's rest, I hope? Are you off on another adventure now?
Graela's stomach growls in greeting as the food is served. She takes a biscuit, breaks it open and slathers it with butter (and honey if available). "Slept like a rock, thank ya for asking. Not sure what the day holds, but right now, I'm gonna tuck under like a fiend! My belly thinks my throat has been cut!"
She winks at Boudraine and digs in.
Winter is coming...

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#449 Post by Mant72 »

Tip orders a heaping platter of eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuits. To wash it all down, he asks for a kettle of warm tea and honey. "Thank you, kindly," he adds after his requests.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#450 Post by coil23 »

Travix:

The woman pauses and blushes with a small smile, not having expected a compliment. She then nods and continues her work. I'm Bessen, by the way, she offers. She shrugs at the question. Prancing Nanny is alright, I suppose: the usual mix of honest time off and no-accounts lazin' about. There are some good folk who work there too. A grimace appears, but not all of 'em by my count. A little too much night work for folks who work the river trade, if you know what I mean. I'd steer clear of Marge and her man Toothin, if I were you. But I keep my nose out of it. Me, if I want to relax I'll come to the River Fork here. It's quieter and the folk suit me better.

The Breakfast Club:

Boudraine just nods at Graela's colorful and gruesome word picture. Yes, a cut throat would make breakfast take the long way home, he murmurs. He and the boy bring the three of you your requests. And the honey is local, he points out, well-known in this region. He clears dishes as needed and makes sure nothing stays empty that needs to be full. Shall I keep your rooms reserved for you?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by hedgeknight »

coil23 wrote:Shall I keep your rooms reserved for you?
"That would be nice. How much I owe ya for a week out?"
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#452 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix nods politely and tips his hat to Bessen before joining the others again.

"Morning! Everything seems in order in our "safe" room. Do we still intend to head out after this bone king?"

The wizard orders breakfast and asks if his room can be paid for the entire week.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter, wincing at the clack of cutlery on dishes, rolls his bleary eyes towards Travix. "Oh, aye. How be we provisioned? We don' rightly now 'zactly how far we be sailin', nor inter what manner of headwinds. We'll need food an' drink, and a good map, if'n there's one ter found as hain't already got an enchant'mint 'pon it."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#454 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix

"That is all very true my strange little friend.

I for one would like to travel as lightly as possible. Bringing beasts of burden tromping through the bush with us is ill advised, I believe. I'm fine with the dogs, but we don't need to bring a cart with us this time.

I am hoping that Silring will have our provisions ready as she did last time. After all, we are working for this town, in a manner of speaking. Hopefully she knows a bit more now and will have a map for us to use."

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#455 Post by coil23 »

Boudraine assents to reserving your rooms for a week. I'll give a discount for each.You have the suite, nodding to Graela. For a week I'll say 11 gold. Turning to the others, for your room it will be 2 gold, 5 silver for each of the two rooms.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter winces all the more painfully upon hearing how much of their hard-won gold will go to holding empty rooms.

To Travix, he grumbles, "Easy fer a feller like yerself, wi' legs as long assa donkey's, ter say we don' need ther beast." Still, he reluctantly admits that it might be more practical to continue without donkey or cart. "I reckon tha' means yer ther donkey, now, longshanks. Ye don' mind if'n I ride on yer shoulder now 'n agin?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#457 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix hands the keep 3 gold coins. "This should do for my room sir." 3 gold removed from sheet

He looks down at the little brown hafling with a smile.

"I am guessing you would find that my boney shoulder wouldn't to be a comfortable seat for very long, little one. Perhaps we could find a saddle for one of the hounds ere we leave?"

Im ready to go see what Silring has to say next if everyone else is.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#458 Post by Mant72 »

Tip thanks Bourdain for his hospitality and pays 3 gold for his room and board. He then looks to the others, "Shall we stock up on supplies and be off?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela also hands over gold to Boudrain (11 gold deducted from her sheet) to keep her room open, "...and a bath ready when I get back."

"Tip, I'm ready to go shoppin' if you are."
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#460 Post by coil23 »

After a fine breakfast you find yourself at Silring's. She greets you with a smile and perhaps a glint of relief in her eye that soon you will be the babysitter and no longer her. Good morn to you. Most of you look well-rested and fresh. Hennoth and Flower are ready when you are and the hounds have been fed. You may find you now have a cook in your menagerie. This last is said with a slight smile.

Hennoth nods cheerfully, a quiet excitement at setting off on a new adventure.

Flower displays the results of his earlier carving venture. You see the far end of the handle of the large, over-sized spoon is a sharpened point. He alternates holding one end up and then the other, back and forth. Brightly, See? It's a spoon! Then crouching in an en garde position, but now it's a knife!
Back and forth, he delights in his performance.

Return to “North Spine campaign (Labyrinth Lord)”