chapter 4- back to the wilderness

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: chapter 4- back to the wilderness

#401 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "Izzat all? Well, then I might as well gwan an' get meself a drink, long as we be 'ere. An' then we kin go meet up wi' Travix. Aye?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela takes another look at Travix and then says, "Sure. Let's go and slug a few back. See what happens. An elf and a human, eh?"
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#403 Post by coil23 »

Are all three of you going into the Prancing Nanny?

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#404 Post by Mant72 »

Tip:

"I will return to the inn and rejoin Travix. Would you two care to go into the Pony to have a look at the two we were trailing?"

If Salty and Graela go into the Pony, Tip will try to catch up with Travix.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "Right, then. See ye rounder, Tip."

He heads into the Pony, totally forgetting to look for the individuals described, caught up in navigating his way to the bar and getting an order in. "Lessee, now. Already 'adda bottle o' hootch. Whass ther saying? Ale bef'r liquor, ne'er sicker. Hootch bef'r wine, sailor's delight? Sumthin' like 'at. Barkeep? Gimme a bottle of wine! Sumthin' dark red an' dusty! An' git sumthin' fer Graeler, 'ere, too! I reckon she'll wanna ale, onna account o' being a dwarf an' all."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela smiles at Salty and nods at the barkeep. "Ale is fine...and some cheese and bread if ya have it. Thank ya!"

Graela looks around the place, trying to spot the two Travix spoke about.
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#407 Post by coil23 »

Graela and Salt Peter:

Biln takes your order at the bar. He was here during your last visit as well. His brows furrow at the mention of "hootch" but he just nods at Salt Peter and produces a bottle for the halfling. That'll be five silver. Will you be in need of a cup?, he adds with the barest hint of a smile. He looks to Graela next to confirm if the halfling had her order correct.

Graela, looking around the room, sees the two described by Tip and Travix. They are sitting by themselves at a table, talking quietly. A man walks out from the back (a hallway to the right of the bar) and goes to their table and leans over to speak to them a moment. Then all three walk into the back. The open area has several tables with folk drinking and talking. Two men get up and walk to the front door to leave. Turie (the young serving girl from your last visit) walks out from the kitchen with a tray of food. As she walks by she nods, take a seat and I'll get your order in a minute.

Tip and Travix:

The two of you return to the Inn without incident and reclaim your table. Boudraine smiles and nods at your entrance, you two back already? Will you be wanting rooms for the night as well?

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#408 Post by Mant72 »

Tip nods yes to Boudraine. He motions for Travix to lean down so that he might whisper, "We should take extra care to secure our rooms with all of this subterfuge about."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#409 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix nods at Tips wisdom.

"I agree little friend. I may just retire early and do some studying after we have a few drinks here. I will do a thorough search of the room and its egresses."

He addresses Boudraine again.

Yes indeed, good sir. We will have the same rooms as last visit if it isn't any trouble. Are they ready now?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter fishes around for his silver, looking very disgruntled at the price, but this immediately changes once the bottle is in his hands. Biting out the cork, he pulls a long guzzle and smacks his lips appreciatively. "Aye, now tha's a pretty lil' tipple, hain't she?" Leaning over to Graela, he whispers, "I be about 'alf a bottle away from startin' up a chanty, so if'n we 'ave any spyin' 'r whatnot ter get done, we better get it done fast."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#411 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix

Well, what do you make of that, Tip ol boy? I bet you wouldn't object to paying a visit to this sausage mom before we head out in the morning, eh?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by hedgeknight »

Nodding at Salt Peter, Graela calls Turie over and asks quietly, "What is in the back room? Just saw three men go back there. Gambling? Baths? Women?"
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#413 Post by coil23 »

Turie responds to Graela's question. Well, upstairs there are some rooms for rent and a gaming room people can pay to use for the evening. But downstairs in back is private business. You don't go back there unless you're invited. Why do you ask?

Boudraine, responding to Travix's question. Your rooms are ready, yes. And if you need anything, just let me know. Your private supply storage downstairs has been maintained as well.

Travix- the reference to north (regarding visiting the sausage factory) of here definitely seemed like the quite a bit north of here travel distance kind and not the short walk from town kind. So visiting tomorrow morning would be out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#414 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ok, got it.

Travix

"Say there, Boudraine. Is there anything else you would like to discuss with us at all? Anything odd going on that you can't put your finger on?

It is imperative you see, in our line of work, to know everything that might be going on behind the scenes if you catch my meaning, sir.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Pulpatoon »

The moment Salt Peter hears that the backroom is private, it becomes the most desirable destination in the wide world to his inebriated brain. He catches Graela's eye and taps the side of his nose before sliding off his stool and disappearing among the long legs of the Pony's patrons. The tiny sailor makes his way towards the back, and makes himself as inconspicuous as he can, hoping for a chance to slip in back the next time the door opens.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#416 Post by Mant72 »

Tip:
OGRE MAGE wrote:Travix

Well, what do you make of that, Tip ol boy? I bet you wouldn't object to paying a visit to this sausage mom before we head out in the morning, eh?
"Aye, as soon as we are able, we should follow this lead. Didn't Salty mention something odd about cheese as well? Hmmm... this proves very interesting."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela gives an almost imperceptible (at least in her mind) nod to Salty and continues talking with Turie as a distraction. "Oh, just wondering. How does one go about getting invited back there anyway? Say, ya got any nuts or cheese to go with this beer?"
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#418 Post by coil23 »

Tip and Travix:

Boudraine looks at Travix a moment as if considering his reply. You already know the woods are getting more dangerous. Folk stick to town or the roads and people travel in larger groups than they used to. People are even starting to complain of feeling scared of walking about at night even in town. I get so I don’t like to send Miyo out on errands after dark.

They had a meeting tonight at the Barn to discuss putting together a town watch. A town watch…he shakes his head. Never thought we would need such here. Mayor and some other folks want it. Course Marge doesn’t, he rolls his eyes. I just want us to stay civilized and not turn into another Hiking Doglegg…whatever keeps us safe. The goblins are seen more and more, I hear, and that has us worried. And I hope the nastiness up north stays there.

Graela and Salt Peter:

Salt Peter’s wile allows his timing to coincide with the bartender turning the other way but the halfling stumbles/sneaks still brings him to being blocked by a man standing sentry in front of the hallway to the back (underneath the stairs to the balcony overlooking the main floor). The curtain ahead of you is drawn back and servers go to and fro as they bring items through here from the kitchen. The man looks down at Salt Peter, this ain’t the exit or the jakes. Turn around. Behind him you see a closed door.

Turie shakes her head, no one gets back there ‘less Marge or Toothin give the nod. That’s private, I stay out of that. Her face brightens at the return to the familiar territory of food orders though. I can fetch some pecans and cheese for you!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#419 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix whispers back to the innkeeper.

"It sounds to me like you have trouble enough just making a discussion around here, much less defending yourselves. It also sounds like we will need to learn a little more about this Marge person. Tell me......is she a large woman? What do you actually know of her?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by hedgeknight »

coil23 wrote:Turie shakes her head, no one gets back there ‘less Marge or Toothin give the nod. That’s private, I stay out of that. Her face brightens at the return to the familiar territory of food orders though. I can fetch some pecans and cheese for you!
Graela smiles and replies, "That'll do just fine. Thank ya!"
Once Turie leaves to fetch the food, Graela cranes her neck to see where Salty got off to.
Winter is coming...

Return to “North Spine campaign (Labyrinth Lord)”