chapter 3- opportunistic diversions

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: chapter 3- opportunistic diversions

#181 Post by coil23 »

Graela and Tip:

The proprietor shakes both your hands and then announces, pints it is. He turns to retrieve your drinks.

Salt Peter and Travix:

Applejack shakes Travix's hand. They will be waiting for you here. And your property will be safe. He hands the stone to Betty Sue who immediately walks inside the nearer of the two buildings. Now if you'll excuse me, and with that he walks over to inspect the barge, check two lists from his pocket, and briefly pull out a wooden disk on a vest chain to glance at.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter also exchanges handshakes with Applejack and makes his good-byes.
OGRE MAGE wrote:If I know the others, they will be drinking by now.......... shall we join them?
The old pirate reveals a bottle of what smells like varnish that he's been pulling sips on all afternoon. "I think ye mean, shall we give'em a chance ter catch up?"

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#183 Post by coil23 »

Travix and Salt Peter walk back into the River Fork Inn just in time to see two new drinks deposited in front of Tip and Graela. The four of you are back at the table and it is mid afternoon. At the moment the four of you are the only customers in the common room.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela Windborn
"So, what is our plan for the day, my friends?" Graela asks as she drains her mug and calls for four more, one for each of them. "Me and Tip are storing our goods here in a secure room. What did you and Travix find out, Salty?"
Winter is coming...

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by Mant72 »

Tip:

Tip slakes his thirst and waits for another round. "Yes, we have secured a place to store our treasures. You are more than welcome to share our stronghold. What have the two of you been up to?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter: "Oh, well, aye, it'd be a fine thing ter stash an item 'r two."

Indicating Travix, he says, "Ther beanpole 'as a mite o' brain in tha' great pointed skull o' 'is, and put 'is opal up as deposit on a team o' donkeys an' dogs. They'll be waitin' us inna morning, dockside. An' Mom's opals... well, I dunno whar she's gettin' 'em, but it'd be-'oove us ter get us some more. O'er three hunnert gold per. Ther box is worth abou' 30 gob, and Travix as agreed ter buy us out, as 'e's taken a fancy ter it.

"So, I says we git good'n liquor'd up fer ther rest o' ther day, and then hit ther trail bright 'n early, an' go see what else we kin pull outta tha' ol' ruin."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#187 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once Travix figures out what Salty is saying, he smiles and nods.

Maybe Moms plaques meant more to her than she said? That sure seemed like a big reward.

The mage counts out 30 gold pieces and sets out four stacks of seven coins. He slides one stack to each of his three friends and leaves Hennoths on the table in case he returns. The spare two coins he puts in the kitty for food and drinks. He has some wine and watches the room while the shorties get hammered.

subtracted 30 gold from my sheet and added the gold box.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by hedgeknight »

Graela Windborn

Already two beers in, Graela eyes the seven gold, grinning like a cat in a hen house. "Good advice, Salty." She begins to drink her beer with alarming speed, wiping the foam from her upper lip with the back of her arm and belching loud enough to rattle the table. "I'll have another! And then another, if you please, bartender!"
She tosses two gold on the table and says, "Keep 'em coming 'til that runs out, alrighty? Salty > how about a drinking tune!"
Winter is coming...

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#189 Post by Mant72 »

Tip:

Feeling quite exuberant and beginning to experience the onset of inebriation, Tip hears Graela's request for song and bellows the bawdiest he knows:

"An old hare hoar,
And an old hare hoar,
Is very good meat in Lent.
But a hare that is hoar
Is too much for a score
When it hoars ere it be spent.

He slugs down his pint and orders another four mugs full for the company.
I thought this raunchy tune from Romeo and Juliet would fit the moment. :lol:

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Pulpatoon »

Salt Peter laughs in hearty approval. Never one to let silence descend when it could be filled with a shanty, he climbs onto the table top to bellow:
Farewell ‘n ger-bye to ye, Queganish ladies,
Farewell ‘n s’long to ye, ladies of Quegan;
Fer we done ordered away ter ol’ Siam,
But we ‘ope in a short time ter see ye agin!

Waving his arms at no one in particular he yells, "C'mon! Ye know ther words!"

We'll rant ‘n we'll roar like Confed’racy sailors,
We'll rant ‘n we'll roar across ther saltiest seas;
‘Til we strike soundin’s in ther Bay of old Siam:
From Nord ter Stone be thirty-five leagues!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by hedgeknight »

LMAO!! :lol:

Graela slaps the table after Tip's bawdy tune and then tries to sing along with Salt Peter. She finds that her words are not as clear as she thinks they would be and knows that fuzzy feeling at the end of her nose and the tips of her toes...it's been too long since she felt it!
"Hey Travish! Why ain't ya shinging with me and Shalty? Don't be a shtick in the mud! Join in!"
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#192 Post by coil23 »

Boudraine looks horrified when the loud, boisterous singing erupts then his shoulders slump in defeat and he shakes his head as he continues his cleaning. The serving boy, Miyo, giggles at the scene, dutifully hurrying back and forth to bring drinks to your table.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#193 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Travix smiles and toasts at Graela.

Tis a wonderful shanty to be sure. It even sounds a little familiar, though I'm sure I don't remember all the words. Says the pointy hatted wizard with a wry smile.

Return to “North Spine campaign (Labyrinth Lord)”