OOC forum

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: OOC forum

#221 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think it would be great if the DM did that for us. :lol:

I totally agree about the length of the game making it easy to forget plot lines. I admittedly lack the time and patience to do what you've already done. (which was awesome) I play from my phone a lot and although re-reading things is easy enough, copy and paste is a nightmare for me most of the time.

I will defer to whatever course of action makes the most sense and gets us moving. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#222 Post by OGRE MAGE »

from the book in the weird library:
A section speaks of a twisted power from the south, commonly known as the Bone King. This thing will seek the power in the Spine for itself. The tendrils will be slow and weak at first as answers are sought. Once sure of the target it will surge and race to its goal. Good must act early to stem the evil tide. It twists and rends others to build its power. “As we break the body, so we bend the soul to our will.”
what the rat/monks told us:
But your enemies are more fearsome still. The Bone King only sends the weak for now but as his suspicions grow, so will his tide of ill. We fear you should stem his foothold and soon to prevent too much information getting back to him. And Sikklining’s children are about, even Sikklining herself is loose upon the land. When the madness is licking at the edge of your vision and your mind betrays- then you will know she is near.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by hedgeknight »

I'm up for heading south.
Winter is coming...

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by coil23 »

Here I am being overly mindful of not being too heavy-handed and railroading your crew and I end up neglectful. I suppose the only true remedy at this point is a sudden, inexplicable character death. :mrgreen: It could reset the system, as it were. A meager second option could be.......

The monks did encourage your group to investigate the Bone King's activities further south. Your group is also waiting for the scholar to see if he can glean any clues as to where to search for the other two parts of the map. There are other options open to you as well.

The man of the suspicious elf & man duo was pointed out to be a representative of Madame Gelding's fine sausages which is located to the north. That man brings in shipments of the foodstuffs periodically. He may possibly have dealings with folk at the Prancing Nanny considering they were taken in back.

It has been suggested that there is a lot of night activity at the Prancing Nanny when they are supposedly river traders just like Applejack the gnome.

You can check in with Mom at the outpost to see if there is any news or needs from that side.

Applejack mentioned that northwest of Goat's Plum is the exotic frontier settlement of Hiking Doglegg which is the closest community to the hotspot in the North Spine mountains.

Am I helping or just muddying the water more at this point?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#225 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol: That's it?

We could check out a few of these closer options before heading south if that idea sits better with the party.

I know halflings like sausages. :D

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Pulpatoon »

Coil23, You are definitely not railroading us. This campaign, perhaps more than any other I've been in on this site, feels like a wide-open world, where we could open any door and head off into any direction. Bravo, you!

There's clearly a big story afoot, but it was the party that elected to try and pursue it. I think we're all eager to head South and learn more.

But, as I said, the pace of PbP can make it easy to lose the thread. And I just wanted to check and see if we could do more than just point ourselves in a cardinal direction.

Personally, I think our best hope is to get some map-pointers from Tolmeen. But I don't know how quickly that will happen. Perhaps we should check on him, and if its going to be awhile, we may want to take a side mission or two to pass the time.

What says the rest of the crew?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#227 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am all for that idea. :D

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#228 Post by coil23 »

Let's see...Ogre Mage was the first to laugh at me so your party may soon be in the market for an arcane spellcaster. Doh!
Spoiler Alert!

:lol:

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#229 Post by coil23 »

While I'm musing aloud..... I know it is a grave mistake to say this out loud and only increase the likelihood of overextending myself. (For example, I recently volunteered to help copyediting/proofreading/etc. with some upcoming rulebooks for Legion Wargames which I've done for a Compass wargame in the past. Oh, foolish me.) But.....

I recently received almost all of my goodies from Goodman Games' kickstarter of the 4th printing of Dungeon Crawl Classics. Alternate book cover, folders, stickers, multiple modules, GM screen...pencils still on the way....so delicious. No one stepped up to GM a game when DCC was discussed on US not too long ago. And I am not volunteering to do so right now. I am admitting excitement and foolish contemplation of possibly volunteering in the future. I'm merely in contemplation mode at this point but it seems like it might be doable sometime this year. Just throwing that out there. Please ignore this entire post. Thank you and good night.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oh man oh geez, I'm drooling over my recently-arrived copy as well. What a gorgeous, lavish turducken of a book it is!

I'm waaaaaay down with you quitting the day job so that you can start up a second campaign.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#231 Post by Mant72 »

Man, can we all just quit our jobs and game all the time? :D

On second thought, something tells me my kids wouldn't get fed... ;)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#232 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I want to play some DCC!!!!!

I actually know a couple of the Goodman folks from the con circuit.

Great bunch of guys!

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#233 Post by coil23 »

So are you going to Wintercon in Detroit this weekend? The kickstarter update said the Goodman Games crew will be there.

On a more relevant note: When Graela and Salt Peter visited Tolmeen the scholar the night before, he was still investigating the map fragment and did not have have any solid clues as to directions toward other pieces of the map as of yet.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#234 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No. I am on the wrong side of the big lake to go to that one.

I should have said "local" con circuit. (Wisconsin) :D

Our next con will be Garycon in Lake Geneva in March.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by hedgeknight »

While waiting on Tolmeen to do some more cyphering, why don't we head on up to the sausage place (Dwarves love sausage too!) and then maybe over to Hiking Doglegg > since both are short distances north or thereabouts.

As for DCC...I know nothing about the system, but, if you're running it, I'm up for giving it a try!
Winter is coming...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sounds good. Sausages, and the Hiking Dogleg.

I mean, how do you not visit a place called Hiking Dogleg?

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#237 Post by coil23 »

I spent my birthday yesterday having dental surgery and being very still. So today I am back and ready to go....kind of. I can at least type.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Pulpatoon »

Happy Terrible Birthday! I hope it gets better from here!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#239 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Happy Birthday!

Now, get typing! :D

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#240 Post by coil23 »