It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2505
Graela, closely followed by Manred, slip through the vines and slide between the two craggy walls through a brief, V-shaped crevice. Feeling ahead, the dwarf feels the back of a tapestry. The edge of the tapestry just barely overlaps to cover the crevice but allows easy
egress. Pushing past that, she and the elf find themselves in a stone hallway that is lit by torches in braces on the walls. The hallway to your right ends in a closed door about 15 feet away. Your current position is at the same elevation as the hallway leading to the door. But to your left the hallway goes downward along crudely carved stone steps. The stairs go down about 25 feet and level out to a hallway that immediately turns right. No sound are heard other than the guttering flames of the torches.

Looking behind you, there is a poorly-crafted tapestry hanging on the wall- the only one you can see throughout the visible hall. It seems likely to have been placed here solely to block the secret exit and to (mostly) block light from escaping to the outside.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4069
Location: NC
Graela nods at the door and walks over to it and listens.
She waves Manred over and whispers, "Take a listen before I open it."

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2505
Assuming Manred does as requested...

The elf listens carefully through the thick wooden door and reports sounds of chopping and occasional wet slopping sounds.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13917
Location: Packerland
Travix gets nervous standing outside alone, so he barges through the tapestry. Once the whispers about the door to the butcher shop is translated, he tries hard to orientate himself with the map of this place that they already have.

"We don't need to go in there if it is the same room we were in last time. I say we try the steps."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4069
Location: NC
"Sounds like they are in there chopping up meat...of some kind. But, you're right; we don't have to go in there. What say you, Manred? Salty?"

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
(Sorry for the delay!)

Manred makes an uncomfortable face at the sound of the chopping and slopping, and nods at Graela's suggestion.

He heads down the stairs and stops at the corner, listening before taking a peek.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:04 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2505
The elf listens carefully at the corner.

Manred
You hear orc conversation that sounds like it is further away (not close by around the corner). You think you can pick out two different voices but it is hard to tell.
Madame is furious. If they don't take care of this by the morning, she picks another for haruspicy.
I don't want to be around for that. But you can't run from her. And these woods...
*spits* Still never found Borxx. Did he bite it or did he find a way out?
*noncommittal grunt*

haruspicy= divination from the entrails of a sacrificed animal (what a fantastically useful word!)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Manred grimaces. This Madame must be a real charmer, he thinks. He carefully sneaks back to the stairs, waits to hear if the pair of orcs are coming his way, and once the coast is clear he heads back up to the others and quietly informs them of what he has overheard.

"Two guards down around the corner. It sounds like this 'Madame' is home now, and the orcs aren't very excited to see her."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13917
Location: Packerland
Travix raises an eyebrow.

"Orcs are generally stupid and filled with cowardice. Do you think this Madame's bark is worse than her bite? These are creatures of domination and their wills are easy to bend when enough force is applied. Perhaps the four of us can simply go in there and take her out? We still need to find the missing map fragment, and I think she might have something to do with that."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4069
Location: NC
Sounds like a plan. Let's move in quick and catch 'em off guard!

Graela checks her gear, hefts her spear, and moves two steps ahead, waiting on her companions.

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2505
Are you planning on dealing with what is around the current corner and, if so, in what manner? Go elsewhere? What is your wish?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
"Sounds like a plan to me," says Manred. He gets his weapon ready and heads back down the stairs, listens for another moment to make sure the voices are still there, then rounds the corner and walks down the hall, grim but with his hand up to show that he is ready to parley with the orcs quietly if they are willing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13917
Location: Packerland
Travix follows the elf's lead, but does not reveal himself to the orcs.

Instead, he hangs around the corner and listens for any trouble in case he has to rush in to take them off guard.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4069
Location: NC
Graela follows along as well, spear in her throwing hand, with her left hand out, palm raised.

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2505
Manred and Graela round the corner to face an empty hallway. Forty feet away the hall turns right and the orc voices continue somewhere around this corner. Thirty feet away is a wooden door on the right. Standing here, the faint smell of copper from blood hits your noses.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13917
Location: Packerland
The mage stays hidden around the corner, waiting to hear about what the others have found.

After what seems like days go by, he takes a peek to see that they have not yet moved up the hall.

He intends to trail them from behind as they search, just in case they find trouble that will require the use of his magic.

He keeps his eyes and ears peeled on the hall behind him as well, not wanting to be snuck up on while they are sneaking around in here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Manred stalks up the corridor and stops at the door. He listens for noises on the other side, and tries to determine whether the smell of blood is coming from within, or further down the hall.

If no noises are heard, he cracks open the door and looks inside.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group