It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:52 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 4070
Salt Peter looks at Travix quizzically for half a beat before rushing off in whatever direction the old man indicated.

_________________
Master of Game, Architect of Adventure, Domineering Hand of Dread Consequence, GARGANTUA, (Into the Odd)
Salt Peter, sailor, The North Spine Campaign (LL)
Jiminy Gurglesquelch, shoggoth, Tales of the Gam'A Zone (Mutant Future)
Abijah Dun, warrior, The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)
Coat-of-Nine-Hides, beast-master, A Company of Corpses (B/X)
Brother Dumphey, cleric, A Company of Corpses (B/X)

WEBCOMIC!==>>The Mummy's Sabbatical
Gaming blog==>> An Abominable Fancy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4065
Location: NC
coil23 wrote:
The strange, old man you first met here approaches Graela and Hennoth standing our front of the shack. Hmph. One meal and you folks make yourselves right at home, I see. Lookin' to move in? He juts his chin at Travix's and Salt Peter's explorations of the shack in explanation. Hennoth blushes furiously at this but says nothing in reply. Meanwhile your companion tore outta here like he'd just seen a ghost...his own! Terrified, he was. I called out but he just kept runnin' and I lost sight of him in the woods. Or was it you that said something to scare him off?

Graela eyes the old man suspiciously, turning toward him to let the dogs get a good whiff of him.
"Not lookin' ta move in. More like lookin' ta help someone ta move out and leave tha good folk here alone. Children gone missin', folk scared ta talk ta strangers...sommat ain't right."

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Seeing Salt Peter start to go back, Seegar (the old man) calls out to him: Ain't no point in rushing off yourself- you don't know which direction and you don't know these woods. I already sent John-John after 'im. If he's to be found, John-John'll do it. The man looks quizzically at the shack indicated by Travix, oh, what's his name. One of the few allowed to travel now for trade. I'd never accuse him of being the friendly type. Keeps to himself.

But Seegar starts at Graela's comment. Missing children? These words barely whispered. His eyes shift to shoot daggers toward the woman with chickens who had been talking with Graela. You told 'em, Srinnie. Our problems are our own. You don't go waggin' your tongue to strangers. The woman spits on the ground in anger but refuses to meet Seegar's gaze. Well, nobody here is doing anything about it, she speaks this quietly, looking down.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Travix continues with the questioning.

"Do you know if Mr. Whatshisname is in at the moment? We sure would like a word with him before he goes off traveling again."

With that, the old man opens the door all the way, hoping to get a better view of the entire room.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Seegar squints his eyes in annoyance. I have no idea if he's home. I just came from the fields. He gives Srinnie another dark look then begins to walk away. Over his shoulder he leaves you with, I'll let you know as soon as we find your friend.
He stops and turns back to your group, looking up at the sun a moment. It's too late in the day for you to make it anywhere before dark so you can sleep here for the night. You can bed down in the big house or there is an empty building you can take- your choice. Just let me know.

The sun shows it to be midafternoon, going on late.


The door thrown completely open, all is the same as Travix saw before.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
After the old man has gone, Travix raises one eyebrow and makes a suggestion.

"Well, since the door is already opened......shall we have a look around?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4065
Location: NC
Graela looks at Travix as the man walks off and he can tell she is quite confused by all this. She turns to Srinnie. "We ARE here ta help. What can ya tell me about the strange happenings around here...before we go investigate this house?"

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Srinnie watches Seegar's back as he leaves and then responds. Right when we started having some success with the trade and then this. It was just a few at first but then more and more. Madame Gelding has been such a comfort but she has not been able to find them. But the way people have gotten more and more superstitious and then forbidding we leave...how is that supposed to help anything? This one, she gestures toward the small home Travix is investigating, keeps to himself. You know, he stepped on one of my chickens once and didn't even apologize! She spits on the ground in disgust. I left him alone after that. When he isn't off traveling he just seems to sit inside there. Hardly ever comes out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:02 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Travix waves his staff around the doorway opening and taps on the floor ahead as nonchalantly as possible as he keeps the conversation going. He hopes one of the others will offer to enter first, but he will do it if he has to.

"Madame Gelding you say? Tell us more of this gentle soul, please. She lives nearby, yes?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Madame Gelding? She is a kind soul who came to our village and set up shop. A cleric to the god Bahhe- the deity who shines her light on hope and new beginnings. Srinnie pauses with a tired, sad smile at this thought. Madame is also a clever merchant but an honest one. Finest meats I ever tasted. Her visage suddenly turns to a snarl and she spits on the ground (yet again), only came to us because the filthy guild politics in the cities always chase away honest trade.

Hennoth, finally realizing "Guniea Pig" Travix is continuing to stall in the hopes of someone else taking the lead, steps up to the door. I can check it out. The boy steps into the small home and looks around carefully.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4065
Location: NC
Graela follows Hennoth inside the home, spear at the ready. She will go room to room and see if she discovers anything.

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Graela and Hennoth see the same scene as Travix:

a one room living space- seemingly unoccupied. The walls and floor are wooden planking with a large simple rug across the open space of the floor. A table with a basin, some wooden bowls, and a jug are on the right wall. To the left lies a bed with a small table and chair next to it. On this table there is a crude, lit candelabra.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Travix enters behind the others, tapping his staff on the floorboards as he moves along, hoping to find a hollow spot. He clears his threat and begins speaking.

"As you may have already figured out, we remember you from yesterday. We are here to help the people of this village! If you believe that, and want to find out more, then show yourself! If we find you hiding, that makes you guilty of.......something. We have our own ways of dealing with sneaky, guilty people. It is your choice!"

The mage moves over to the lit candelabra, tapping the floor the whole way. He finds it strange that someone would have lit candles around in broad daylight, especially if you're not home. He investigates the candles and their stand.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Travix's staff-tapping detects a hollow sound underneath the rug (just inside the rug perimeter closest to the door). The candelabra and candles all seem of simple make with nothing about them of note. The candles are more than half burned down and you do not see any visible means of lighting them.

Hennoth snoops around the basin, jug, and bowls on the right side of the room.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Travix

The mage carefully slides the rug over with his staff, looking for a trap door in the floorboards once the rug is moved.

He motions with his head to the others to keep quiet and come and have a look.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Travix starts to slide aside the rug but it catches on something and stops. Looking closer you see once the rug is barely raised there is a trapdoor. Further, the rug has been cleverly attached in certain spots to the trap door, such that it seems like it will allow the hatch to open but will go back in place once the hatch is closed so as to keep the hatch covered. The hatch did rise slightly when the wizard started to move the rug so the trapdoor does seem to be accessible. All is quiet in the room since Hennoth stopped poking through items on the sideboard.

The cleric's eyes widen at this discovery and he quietly pulls his mace to have it at the ready, waiting to see what the others want to do.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4065
Location: NC
Graela eases over to the newly revealed trap door and gives a nod to Travix and Hennoth (where's Salty?), and with her spear in her throwing hand, she grabs the edge of the trapdoor and lifts it open.

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Right as the trapdoor is lifted, a booming voice just outside the open door to the shack announces: I found the short one for you! He's back! With all the tense attention directed solely at the trapdoor, this is enough to make everyone jump. Through the open door behind you, you see a large, dim-looking man who seems enormously pleased with himself. Looking down through the open trapdoor, Graela sees the top of a crude ladder that goes down to a dirt floor. Only darkness is beyond that though there seems to be a tunnel heading north. No heat signature can be seen in the darkness and it is silent.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Travix collects his wits and addresses this newcomer.

"Well, hullo there my good man! And thank you indeed for your service! You shall be rewarded. Now tell me....." The mage points his long, boney index finger down into the trapdoor, hoping that it isn't normal to have a spooky tunnel under your house here in this town.

"What do you make of that my large friend?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:50 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
The large man steps forward to better see through the open front door. His eyes go large at the sight of the open trapdoor. Did you make that?, he asks incredulously. You notice that the "short one" he returned to you is a short elf you have never seen before. The elf wears a grey tunic and fitted leggings, one leg coloured citrine and the other light blue. He wears a simple cowl with a long tapered hood, also dyed light blue.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group