Action Thread 12

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 12

#81 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:55 p

The party has the cages of the dwarf and Ulster completely off the stem and on the floor. With Varkos and Illhalevar pulling the bars apart, and Ulster squeezing and pushing through the bars, he is able to get out with much difficulty. As soon as he is out, and Varkos and Illhalvar let go, the bars snap back to straight cage form.

Al'Zur watches the entrance, but their luck continues as nothing comes down the hall. The dwarf continues to stare forward, unmoving in his cage, while Zafalia wonders about continuing on, laying a trap for the mushroom creature here, or leading the prisoners to the surface.

My first responsibility is to protect Merithina, Ulster says to the party. But if armed with sword or spear, I am an able warrior and can help.

Merithina adds, I'd like to find Thuskar and know what has happened to him. Considering what we watched that machine, she indicates the mincer, do to the others, I don't hold out too much hope. But as the leader of the caravan, it is my responsibility to try my best to find him.

Map is here: viewtopic.php?p=99936#p99936
The cavern is pretty well lit, and there seems to be no other exits/entrances except the one you entered.

HPs: Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 19/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-2/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#82 Post by Alethan »

"Quick," Ilhalevar whispers, "Let's get everyone out of the cages who wants to leave."

She looks over at the dwarf, "Last chance, dwarf."

She will assist the others in whatever way possible in extracting the other prisoners from their respective cages, as long as they are willing to help.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by tkrexx »

Definitely a bottleneck, the Ranger agrees. Where the rivers parted, before that the 5' wide tunnel with the side dead-end. He glances at the Druidess. Both good places for outnumbered fighting.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by rredmond »

ill clarify the map later, but the eastern passage where the stream splits isn't a dead end, though it definitely looks like one. That's only how far down the passage you could see; it goes further on. I'll try and fix later so it looks better.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tkrexx »

I just mentioned that spot because once the party is in the passage before the stream splits it would be very defensible to any giving chase.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by rredmond »

tkrexx wrote:I just mentioned that spot because once the party is in the passage before the stream splits it would be very defensible to any giving chase.
Ok. Cool. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't confusing anything!
:)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:... My first responsibility is to protect Merithina, Ulster says to the party. But if armed with sword or spear, I am an able warrior and can help.
Zafalia considers his request and looks to her companions to see what they think. "I have no issue with your desire to want to help and defend yourself..."
rredmond wrote:Merithina adds, I'd like to find Thuskar and know what has happened to him. Considering what we watched that machine, she indicates the mincer, do to the others, I don't hold out too much hope. But as the leader of the caravan, it is my responsibility to try my best to find him. ...
"Mistress Merithina, I admire your loyalty to your people and respect your station. If you cannot be convinced to let us show you the way out of this dreadful place to make good your escape, I would ask you and Ulster throw in and work with us to get this Mushroom-man, if we can. If we find your man alive, and can save him, we will do so. If we do not, you will have your chance for revenge! Do you agree to these terms?" the little hobbit druidess asks sternly.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 1:00 p

Illhalevar and the others are able to free Merintina from the cage and she joins Ulster.

The dwarf neither assents or otherwise acknowledges his last chance, and remains in his planty cage.

Looking down at her, both Merinthina and Ulster agree to help find and defeat the Mushroom-man.

Al'Zur sees no one coming down the passageway, they are still remarkably free of interruptions.

Map is here: viewtopic.php?p=99936#p99936
The cavern is pretty well lit, and there seems to be no other exits/entrances except the one you entered.

HPs: Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 19/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-2/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia hands Merinthina her dagger. If no one gives Ulster a weapon, she'll hand him her backup dagger. She then turns to address her companions about the party's next action.

"Well, friends? Shall we move out then and continue searching this place until we confront the Mushroom-man?" the little hobbit druid queries with a vengeful gleam in her tiny brown eyes.

"When we do, we had best be quicker than he is. I am planning to cast my faerie fire spell on him as soon as I am able. That should illuminate him in a purple aura and make it easier for us to hit him with everything we can..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Zhym »

Wulfgard feels all wrong about leaving the dwarf. No one would be that non-responsive, no matter how surly. Surely the dwarf must be under some enchantment. Wulfgard makes one last-ditch attempt to rescue the dwarf. The odds of success are low, but he has to try. Casting the spell command, the cleric speaks a single, forceful word to the dwarf:

"Awaken."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger considers briefly if he should allow the freed warrior his tomohok, but decides against it in case of another meeting with scarecrows.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

Zhym wrote:Wulfgard feels all wrong about leaving the dwarf. No one would be that non-responsive, no matter how surly. Surely the dwarf must be under some enchantment. Wulfgard makes one last-ditch attempt to rescue the dwarf. The odds of success are low, but he has to try. Casting the spell command, the cleric speaks a single, forceful word to the dwarf:

"Awaken."
Wulfgard feels the divine power flow through him, and the force of the word hit. But the dwarf continues to stare straight ahead, continued grumpy look on his face, looking completely unfazed.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”