Chapter 7: Beyond Burial

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 7: Beyond Burial

#81 Post by Mant72 »

Hex and Morris set off to find Wil, while Abijah remains back to stand guard over the unconscious Osprey and Kragg.

The illusionist and mage tread silently down the darkened corridor as the flame from their torch prompts shadows to pulsate eerily along the walls.

After about 50', they come to an intersection.

To their left, there are three niches carved into the end of the hallway. In the northern and southern niches are alabaster urns resting on pedestals. In the eastern niche stands a large statue of Lunia with its arms outstretched and palms facing upward.

Wil stands in the center of the niches, admiring a tranquil, blue light that emanates from both of the statuary's palms.

The western end of the intersection continues on, and a pair of double doors can be seen further down the hall on the northern wall (see map for clarification).

Actions?
Map.png
Map.png (68.13 KiB) Viewed 599 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Storm11 »

Wil, Wil snap out of it and come back with is would you yes yes yes indeedy!"the halfling hisses in frustration. He looks at Morris and shrugs his shoulders."Perhaps we could lasso him?"
Greys Campaign.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Mant72 »

ravenn4544 wrote:Wil quietly hails the approaching duo "Another statue here. What do you make of this blue glow? Something beneficial, perhaps? There is also two urns on either side of the statue. Seems safe for now so help me investigate these doors just ahead?"

I moved Raven's response from the private thread to here so that it can be read by everyone.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Storm11 »

"We need to get the fallen to a place of safety as soon as we can yes yes, and we need your strength Wil. Can you come and help carry the elf and the human Fighter that brought the gnolls can carry the dwarf maybe, and Morris and I can gather their belongings hmmmm yes indeedy?" Hex says worriedly, relieved none the less that the monk is ok.
Greys Campaign.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Mant72 »

Morris nods assent to Hex's wisdom. "We are in no condition to continue exploration until the others have been revived."

He then turns to the glowing palms of the Lunia statue. "What do you make of this?" he inquires of the others.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Storm11 »

It could be something holy still active, like a permenant enchantment maybe, or it could be a ward or trap of somekind, hmmmmmm yes no?" the halfling minor trickster says pensively.

We should maybe come back once we are all present, and perhaps check it over with prepared magic whilst the others recuperate. Yes yes?
Greys Campaign.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Pulpatoon »

Abijah Dun paces back and forth, anxious for the return of his new companions so that they can find their way out of this place.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Mant72 »

Morris Grumm:

"Yes, let us return to Abijah and the others. It is unwise to wander this place in separate groups."

Morris returns to rejoin Abijah, hoping Wil and Hex follow.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Storm11 »

Hex will follow encouraging Wil to do so as well.

When back in the other chamber he will ask Will if he is able to carry the elf and Dun the dwarf, and then hope that Morris will send his bird out to scout the way ahead, making for the secret stairwell above to use as a resting area. The halfling stops suddenly and goes to explore the cabinet, in the hopes that something might be recovered before we depart.

"Can you see if there are any traps on this before I open it Wil?"
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by ravenn4544 »

Wil examines the cabinet for traps before looking to carry the two people needing assistance...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Pulpatoon »

Abijah is ready to help carry the fallen. He also takes the opportunity to introduce himself to the others. "I am Abijah Dun. I fight."

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Mant72 »

The wanderers rejoin Abijah in the burial preparation chamber, and Wil makes to examine the cabinet for possible traps. The devout monk senses nothing that suggests danger.

Seeing that everything seems safe, Hex slowly pulls open the cabinet doors and finds a few of moth-eaten death shrouds, cloth wrappings, tools for organ extraction, and numerous clay jars filled with dried herbs and oils used for preserving the dead. In the very back of the cabinet, the halfling spies a wax-sealed decanter filled with a luminous, bluish-green liquid.

Actions?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by ravenn4544 »

Wil suggests "I'm still leery of resting for too long in one place - can we be certain we burned all of those beasts or are they flanking us as we speak? However, our friends need time to recover - maybe this is as good as any of a place to barricade in for a while...."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Storm11 »

Hex sniffs the liquid and takes a tentative sip. Perhaps this is a healing salve or something that will help get the others to safety?" he says, nodding at Wil's assessment of the current situation
Greys Campaign.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by Mant72 »

Finding that now is as good a time as any for pleasantries, Morris extends his hand to Abijah and returns the warrior's introduction, "I am Morris Grumm." He nods to the red-tailed hawk perched on his shoulder, "And this is Iris."

The weary magician looks about and sighs. Still filled with trepidation and uncertainty, he adds, "We are fools, driven here by greed and delusions of heroism. How did you come to find yourself in this hellhole?"

Hexalon shrewdly examines the decanter before taking a tentative sip of the mysterious liquid. He finds the sweet-tasting balm invigorating, and some of his wounds miraculously begin to seal before his very eyes! (+4 HP)

Actions?
- Healing Elixir: [1d4] = 4

- Hex estimates there to be about four doses of the healing elixir contained within the decanter. He also surmises that ingesting a larger dose may result in more healing.

- Hit Point Status: viewtopic.php?f=337&t=5274&p=233463#p233463

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Storm11 »

Quickly smiling at the party's good fortune the halfling illusionist will rush to Osprey and gently coax the same amount of healing elixir into his mouth and watch what happens.

If the elf begins to heal he will do the same to the dwarf Kragg as well. If the first sip does not bring the dwarf around he will give him the last of the elixir in an attempt to waken him.

"Welcome Abijah, to our band of misfits and adventurers. The fallen elf is Osprey, adept with a blade and magic, the dwarf is known as Kragg, and as with all of his people he is good in combat but also a trapfinder and lockspringer as well. Morris and I are the magicians, my name is Hexalon, though my friends call me Hex. Why were the gnolls chasing you?"
Greys Campaign.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Pulpatoon »

Abijah Dun stares intently at each party-member, doing his best to learn their names. "More is Grumm. This is Iris. Elf Osprey. Dwarf Kragg. Small man Hex. Dead man?"

"Why were the gnolls chasing you?"

"They... I..." The scarred man taps his forehead and grimaces with frustration. "Past is fog. Hard to hold."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by ravenn4544 »

Wil welcomes the new adventurer "My name is Wil"

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by Mant72 »

Hex lifts Osprey’s head and carefully pours a dram of the liquid into the elf’s mouth. He reflexively swallows the restorative, and his puckered arrow wounds begin to close. The once incapacitated spellblade stirs and awakens. (+4 HP)

Hex then moves over to cater to the downed Kragg. He gently pulls on the dwarf’s beard to open his mouth and administers the last remaining doses of the elixir. (+9 HP total)

Kragg sputters awake to find himself staring up at the smiling face of Hexlon.

All remains quiet as the party decides on its next course of action.

Actions?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#100 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kragg "Raaaaahh! I'm awake. Did I miss somethin'? Where them gnolls get off ta?"

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)”