Chapter 1: The Hamlet of Silington

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: The Hamlet of Silington

#81 Post by Storm11 »

Hexalon

"Do you have any spare bandages or vials holy water to give to us to aid in the success of the mission?"
Greys Campaign.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Mant72 »

Father Halbrick:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Kragg "Just one any idea what kinds of traps or creatures we may encounter in the ruins? Undead or anything of that nature?"
"That, my brave dwarf, will be for you to determine."
Storm11 wrote:Hexalon

"Do you have any spare bandages or vials holy water to give to us to aid in the success of the mission?"
"Yes, Master Glowfoot, we can assist with this. We can only offer two vials of holy water, but plenty of bandages can be provided."

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Mant72 »

Father Halbrick signals to one of his attendants who delivers the two vials of holy water and bandages to Hexalon as was requested.

He then addresses the group for a final time before they take their leave, “Thank you all for your assistance. Your courage and bravery will not go unrecognized or unappreciated, and the Church of Lunia will be eternally grateful for your deeds."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Grognardsw »

Aric, slayer

"Do you have holy wine?" the barbarian asks.

"You knew of this place of old, in better times. Can you sketch its lay-out as you remember?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kragg "I'm all set to head out as soon as the rest are ready."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by Mant72 »

Grognardsw wrote:Aric, slayer

"Do you have holy wine?" the barbarian asks.

"You knew of this place of old, in better times. Can you sketch its lay-out as you remember?"
A ghost of a smile flits across Father Halbrick's wan face at the barbarian's request for wine. "I only visited the monastery once many, many years ago as a mere boy. Unfortunately, most of my memories of the place fail me; however, I do recall a beautiful church, an extensive library, and a tranquil garden. Other than that, I cannot recall anything else of significance."

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by Mant72 »

Father Halbrick:

"May Lunia, in all her divine strength and wisdom, guide you along your way and see that you each return safely.” He again falls into a coughing spasm that does not seem to end.

Favin turns to the group with a solemn look and speaks in a hushed tone, “We must now go; the Father needs his rest. I suggest we all prepare ourselves and depart as soon as possible. If we leave within the hour, we can reach the monastery by twilight tomorrow.”

The group departs from the church to seek what awaits in the Monastery at Dimwater.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Storm11 »

Hex
Once outside Hex will try as delicately as possible to ask Favin what is ailing the good father? "Can anything be done? Or is that what this crook recovery malarkey is all about yes indeedy?"
Greys Campaign.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by Mant72 »

Favin:

Favin sighs with obvious sadness at the halfling's question,"Thank you for expressing concern, Master Glowfoot. Unfortunately, we cannot discover the source of the Father's affliction. We have tried everything we can to elicit a cure, but all efforts have been in vain.

The primary purpose for retrieving the crook is for the safety of others, to maintain peace and balance in the world; however, I must confess, that for myself, the prospect of healing the Father would be reward in and of itself."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kragg "Perhaps I'm just jumping to conclusions but what if the crook can heal the Father? Maybe that is part of why we need to find it and return it?" the dwarf asks adding to the conversation with Favin and Hex.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by Mant72 »

Favin:

"We can only pray, Master Steelybeard, we can only pray."
Chapter 2 begins here: viewtopic.php?f=337&t=5304

Return to “The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)”