OOC

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

OOC

#1 Post by Mant72 »

Hey guys,

I know I will leave something out, but here are a few things up front. If you have any questions, you can post them here.

House Rules:

- I usually play by the book.
- Group initiative is used (1d6). I will roll for each party.
- A natural 20 is a critical hit resulting in double damage.
- Characters with multiple attacks (e.g. a bow attack with 2 arrows per round): the second attack occurs at the end of the round. For 3/2 attacks, the two attacks happen on the second round of combat.
- Please link your rolls to the campaign, number 390. No On-the-fly rolls.
- If it's not on your character sheet, you don't have it. No whining. :D
- Firing into melee (p. 63 in DMG) will be used.
- As far as missile weapons go, I'm going to implement the rule that half of any missiles fired are recoverable (round fractions up). For example: if five arrows are fired, you get three back.
- Daggers and darts as missile weapons will fare a little better, and I'll let you roll for a 50/50 chance of retrieval if you miss. The rationale being that daggers and darts are not as fragile as arrows; however, daggers and darts may still strike a stone wall, end up in the brush, etc. If you hit, I'll allow the dagger or dart to be retrieved with no roll.

Posting:
- Please try to post every couple of days. I don't want the action to get held up.
- I know we all have families, jobs, and obligations, so if you know you will not be able to post, please let me know before hand. I will do the same.
- Please put your character's name and class at the top of each post.
- Please use spoiler dice roll results.
- Please keep OOC responses in the OOC thread, or use spoilers.
- Please format combat macros as follows:

To hit with Short Sword [1d20]; Damage S/M: [1d6]; Damage L: [1D8]

Strength Ability Check Roll (15): [1d20]

Thanks!

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC

#2 Post by Mant72 »

I'll wait for everyone to get settled in, post their characters, etc., and hopefully we can get going in a day or two. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by jdluna »

Where is the saving throw and turn undead chart? I cannot find it in the 1e players handbook.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Mant72 »

Both charts are in the DM's Guide. The turn undead chart is on p. 70, and the saving throw chart is on p. 79. Let me know if I can help.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by coil23 »

My immediate instinct is to be mistrustful of someone whose nickname is "Trusty" but I'll wait and see. :lol:

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Computer +1 »

Trusty lets out a deep booming laugh. Ahhhh a fine jest friend! He slaps Coil23 on the shoulder and pulls him in so that their faces are on only an inch apart and says in a serious, low voice Trust and faith are all that seperates men from beasts. Without trust in the Lord of Light to illuminate your way in the world you would be adrift in a sea of darkness. Man who cannot trust cannot be trusted in turn and will die cold and alone.

He straightens back up and slaps Coil's shoulder a second time before walking away, whistling a merry tune.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by coil23 »

Disconcerted, coil23 steps just a little closer to Osprey.

What the fuck did I just get myself into?

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Mant72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great stuff so far!

Here are a couple of things I forgot to discuss (I told you I’d forget things :D). In the event that your character ends up in a kobold cooking pot (i.e. dies), and you would still like to be a part of the game, I will allow you to roll up another. Otherwise, I will go to the waitlist to see if someone else would like to join.

I won’t fudge any rolls, but I might get creative in the interpretation of the roll. If your character doesn’t make it, then he/she doesn’t make it. Characters shouldn’t be invincible; this takes away from the suspense and drama of the game. I think it also compromises the trust between the DM and the players. If you put your character in a situation that might prove detrimental, just know the consequences. Making wise choices will go a long way to increasing the longevity of your character. What are you guys’ thoughts on this?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by ravenn4544 »

as it should be :)

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Storm11 »

Definitely
Greys Campaign.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by coil23 »

I'm ok with that.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Apologies folks my internet has been turned off so i am not able to post as often having to hook up with free guest wifi where i can.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Grognardsw »

Sounds good.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

to make a long story short I have internet temporary xfinity wifi hot spot access until my normal ISP turns my services back on.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Subject: Chapter 1: The Hamlet of Silington
Grognardsw wrote:Aric, savage sellsword

"But is there rumor of treasure?" asks the barbrian. "Such would move me to set foot on haunted ground."

Aric drains his cup. "Girl! More drink, and sit on my lap!"
Here is your barmaid Grognardsw

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Grognardsw »

:lol: Gilf.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Mant72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

:D :lol:

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Mant72 »

Hey guys,

I know we have just gotten started, and I hope everyone is enjoying the game so far (I am!), but I'm going to start really stressing the 48 hour posting time I mentioned in the recruitment thread. So far most everyone has posted rather quickly, and things are running fine. I just don't want the story to bog down while everyone else is waiting for one or two people to post. If you can't regularly post every 48 hours or so, please let me know. I don't want to, but I will have to NPC for players that can't post consistently. Thanks!

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

as long as you really mean 48 hours to make a post yes I can post once to twice a day during the normal week. The internet thing should be sorted out fully at this time.

Return to “The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)”