#421 Post by Mant72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC

#422 Post by coil23 »

Is that Sweet Dee?

One year? I didn't realize it had been that long. Damn, we're slow! :lol: We'll just breeze through the second level and give it a quick once over, shall we? :?

P.S. That is a spooky picture of the stairs down.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#423 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm wondering if perhaps I should have just gone with a single class and perhaps I too would be a second level something.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#424 Post by Mant72 »

Yeah, that's the drawback of multi-class characters. It takes a looooooong time to advance.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#425 Post by Mant72 »

Hey guys,

Please welcome Pulpatoon to the group. He's a great player, and I'm sure he will add great things to our game.

Coil, you guys already know each other, so no need for introductions here. :)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by Pulpatoon »

Howdy, all! I think I know pretty much the whole gang. I'm looking forward to playing with you!

GreyWolfVT

#427 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pulpatoon wrote:Howdy, all! I think I know pretty much the whole gang. I'm looking forward to playing with you!
Welcome Pulpatoon always glad to see you in any game I'm in :) so what did you bring with you today another gibbering mouther character? :lol:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#428 Post by Storm11 »

Welcome on board dude :D
Greys Campaign.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#429 Post by coil23 »

Pulpatoon is always welcome! Do we have an exotic accent in our near future? ;)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by Pulpatoon »

This character has an INT of 6, so expect a lot of monosyllables!

GreyWolfVT

#431 Post by GreyWolfVT »

since I'm now confused I'm going to post a image of where I was trying to indicate Kragg was...the red arrow indicates what I was trying to describe as Kraggs position... I was under the impression the gnolls were at the top of the stairs and we were at the door at the bottom of those stairs when Pulp's character arrived.
Map:
image.png
image.png (30.46 KiB) Viewed 508 times

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#432 Post by Mant72 »

Everyone stopped at the bottom of the stairs. The only one that said they crossed into the room beyond the door was Hex. He later came back out to cast his spell. Everyone is currently at the bottom of the stairs.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Pulpatoon »

Is the hash-mark-looking thing at the bottom of the stairs an open door?

GreyWolfVT

#434 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yes it is Pulpatoon.

The red arrow is where Kragg is fleeing to this round since he is nearly dead and has no real ranged weapons.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#435 Post by Mant72 »

The rules for leaving melee during combat are really unforgiving (+4 to hit against rear armor class). This becomes even worse when facing multiple opponents.

I enjoyed having you in the game, Greyarea. Hopefully, you will consider joining any games I decide to run in the future.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#436 Post by Storm11 »

So I think we may need some strategy talk here about how guys.

We have four members of the team still standing. Two wizards, and unarmoured monk and a fighter.

Did the fighter see how many gnolls were chasing him?

If we can build a barricade of some kind about 15' from the doorway and hide behind it when they break the door down Hex might be able to get a few in his colour spray. If we maybe pour some oil just before the door and have some torches ready lit we might be able to burn a few if we throw the torches as they enter from behind the barricade.

Will could use Hexalon's sling as a ranged weapon if he wants. It would only be a -1 to hit for him where as it's -2 for Hex and he will be busy with the spell.

Hopefully the barricade will offer some cover and concealment armour class bonuses when the gnolls rush in and they will be caught out in the open giving us a chance. What do you think? Anyone else got any ideas?
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#437 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mant72 wrote:The rules for leaving melee during combat are really unforgiving (+4 to hit against rear armor class). This becomes even worse when facing multiple opponents.

I enjoyed having you in the game, Greyarea. Hopefully, you will consider joining any games I decide to run in the future.
Brutal for sure. Though this is the 3rd or 4th time I've come close to dead. I imagine eventually my luck shall run out. Sorry greyarea, but I may join you soon enough.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#438 Post by greyarea »

Mant72 wrote:The rules for leaving melee during combat are really unforgiving (+4 to hit against rear armor class). This becomes even worse when facing multiple opponents.

Not a problem. :) I enjoyed playing in the game, so I will absolutely consider it.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#439 Post by ravenn4544 »

Wil can try to use the sling - no problem. Better than nothing (something that he has plenty of!)

The oil and the fire is a good idea as well.

Is there any other exits from this room? I may have missed that description.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#440 Post by coil23 »

I'm almost dead and all but the reason I was asking about the slant of the floor and the space under the door is (if the conditions are right) you could pour oil under the door and have it pool on their side. Once ignited it would not only burn those right on the other side of the door but would likely ignite the oil on the stairs as well and possibly trap them in the flames.

Return to “The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)”