Tips to Players in Tooleys Campaigns

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Tips to Players in Tooleys Campaigns

#1 Post by tooleychris »

A fairly knowledgeable moderator (IMO) recently brought up the fact that DMs don't screen their players any more than the usual "How often can you post?" And I agreed with a lot of what was said on the topic. Instead of screening players and not including anyone who would like to playl, I decided to let the players screen me as a GM/DM/Chronicler. Here goes:

I'm a huge Roleplayer. I love interaction between NPCs and PCs.
While I'm not, and really can't, enforce such a playing style I am going to start rewarding such in my campaigns more often.
Using dialog to shop for goods in place of "Hey, i just bought some stuff and adjusted my cash." is very likely to reap benefits.
When I give description of an area and leave it at that, it means I am looking for feedback on what the characters are going to do next.
I expect more than a post a week. At the least once per day is preferred. (weekends don't count)
I don't run modules. All of my campaigns are VERY open ended. While I may steer you in a direction occasionally, You are free to play your character how you see fit.
I'm all about having fun with my games, and not too mechanics/rules/guidelines heavy. But I need to have fun with this as well, and MY personal slice of the enjoyment is not RUNNING a game but refereeing what the PLAYERS want to run.
If your gaming style is more Hack'n'Slash, my campaigns may not fit your play style well.
If you prefer to wait for the DM to tell you what to do, or railroad you into a course of action, it'll be a long wait. :)

Look forward to many more exciting adventures with you!

Return to “Tips for the Player”