OOC the second

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: OOC the second

#81 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I'm still waiting for one player to pipe up and totally contradict what has been suggested so far. :lol:

(That's a joke! Please don't do that!)

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by coil23 »

Well the DM described the activity as cart before the horse actions so maybe someone should.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Urson »

I don't know about that- I think we're better off doing what we can to put up defenses while we dicsuss the code.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by ravenn4544 »

Agree to a solid defense or we're gonna get our assess kicked (again)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#85 Post by Scott308 »

I'm fine with jumping ahead however long it takes for the injured to feel healed sufficiently, so Umrick can start rekilling the skeletons.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#86 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will wait to hear from Keilif to see what he wants to do about healing.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by ravenn4544 »

For the defensive plan being proposed - i love it. One question though on underwater spears to stove in the ship - is the area where the boat would dock be large enough for a large sailing vessel or really just big enough for a smaller row boat type of thing? if it only holds a smaller boat, we may want to try and capture that versus sink it. If it is a large boat, then we may try to use a rope or something underwater to trap the rudder (think of the possibilities if we captured a large ship for ourselves!!!!!)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#88 Post by OGRE MAGE »

(or too stunned with the overkill to voice any outright objections)
:lol:
I'm guessing this is most accurate! :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#89 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With everyone at full strength now, would someone like to give me a watch schedule for the sea lookout?

Also......How are you setting up guards when the main group is sleeping? Are you watching the sea entrance as well? The doors of the house?

I realize that scheduling all of this will be considerable work for someone so, since it might not actually be relevant anyway, I am also happy to just roll randomly if there is an encounter. That will be totally up to the group.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Urson »

i wouldn't have any objections to random rolls. I've done watch schedules before, and they suck.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#91 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by coil23 »

We're all going to die anyway so why not spice it up with some little surprises? I say yes to random rolls.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#93 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, I will roll randomly if something comes up so we can forgo all the unpleasant thinking bits. :lol:

That should work out just fine, actually.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by coil23 »

FYI, Doubtful knew Jervis wouldn't want to be left out of the fight. He only volunteered him to help with table duty because he only has edged weapons. Having an all blunt force will get us better results with skeletons. We'll likely be switching out (until things go horribly awry) so he will still get his chance at killing things.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by wolfpack »

If that is the case then can I chnage my action to an attack? I thought the group had dresignated me table pusher

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#96 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With Keilif and Umrick already standing in the doorway, nobody else can get an attack in anyway.

Including the characters who already posted an attack. :lol:

I will wait a bit longer for them to post before I NPC their actions.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by Mant72 »

I don't know if closing the door is such a good thing now. If the skeletons are blocked from Keilif's view, the turning will be negated. Maybe you guys should also step into the room now that most have been turned. Hopefully Keilif can keep them at bay while you all take'em out. :)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#98 Post by Scott308 »

Mant72 wrote:If the skeletons are blocked from Keilif's view, the turning will be negated.
:?: Why would you think that? Nothing I could find in the PHB or DMG mentions this. It would make turning much weaker if the turned undead could round a corner while fleeing only to have the effect end because the cleric no longer can see them.

Since there was only one that wasn't turned, I would be fine with someone attacking another skeleton. This plan was set up when it was going to be Ben and Umrick doing it. With everyone else in the room, I think they should be able to handle two skeletons at a time if people want.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#99 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I tend to agree with Scott here. I don't know of any rule stating that the priest must remain in visual contact with the turned creatures.

I have been wrong before, though. :lol:

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by Mant72 »

You guys are right. I thought that was a rule for some reason. :?

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”