OOC the second

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC the second

#121 Post by coil23 »

I think having people confused, frustrated, maybe furious (cargo just sank and now I have to wade to shore) is an ideal state of disarray for them to be in when we do ambush them. Their focus is entirely elsewhere...and scattered...and invites infighting. It almost ensures our surprise and delays them in responding as a cohesive unit.

Two or three spears (tridents better if we can find one or two) just under the surface braced against the large rock jutting out and at an angle toward the sea. When the boat comes by, the tines can puncture the hull and start the fun. Also (or instead), the same implements can be braced underwater in the shallows just off shore. These can be braced and held in place with rocks. Between that and the sea bed, the forward motion of the boat will do the rest.

Does the cliff above offer any realistic opportunities for someone to push large rocks down to hit the smugglers once they are on the beach before the cave? If so, we can gather large rocks to throw and prepare even bigger boulders on a lever to use as well. Alternatively, would the falling rocks be more likely to fall into the water before the beach? That might work even better as they are clustered while still in the boats.

I find this to be an interesting problem with in-story benefit. If no one else does let me know and I'll stop.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by wolfpack »

we also have to remeber there is a large ship out there and there will be some smugglers coming to shore in a rowboats, but others outin the ship. we don;t want to warn the ones offhsore in the ship somehting is wrong and atacking on the shore may do that. We want to take out the smugglers that come ashore and then somehow infiltrate the ship

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#123 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bracing spears and tridents with rocks underwater just might do the trick. Do any of you have a bunch of spears or tridents? I didn't think so. :lol: (I think there is one spear in the entire group?)

The cliffs are ragged and rugged. There isn't a straight sheer drop off that would land something directly into the water below, they are composed of many jagged outcroppings that jut out here and there. Throwing projectiles off of the top ledge accurately from 70 or so feet up would require very hard Dex checks as well as a successful "to hit" roll.

Wolfpack also makes a valid point about alerting the mother ship.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by Mant72 »

I think your plan is good, Coil, but I think lying in wait within the manor/caves for the smugglers might be best. Hopefully we can obscond their boat and make our way back to infiltrate the galley under cover of the night.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by coil23 »

You're all right. We can wait for the ambush in the cave.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#126 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:D

You are all fully healed.

Anything else before we advance in time?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Urson »

please feel free to advance.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by Mant72 »

Forward, ho! No OM, I didn't call you a ho. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#129 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:
*snaps fingers*
Oh no you di-ent!!!

I've been called worse. :D

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by coil23 »

Of that I have no doubt.

:lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#131 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:D

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#132 Post by coil23 »

So was the consensus that we would respond with the second code if we saw the first? Let me know so I can respond to whoever is out there.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by wolfpack »

if you see the first code, respond with the second. also there is a 2 after the second code, i think that means do it 2 times. I expect then you will see the 3rd code.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#134 Post by Scott308 »

It could also mean the ship will repeat the second code after we send it, and we follow with the third.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by ravenn4544 »

agree with responding with the second line of code. hadn't thought of the 2 as sending it twice - that's a good idea

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#136 Post by Hotgoblin »

if you see the first code, respond with the second. also there is a 2 after the second code, i think that means do it 2 times. I expect then you will see the 3rd code.
I believe this to be correct!!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#137 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think that is a majority so I will push this action along.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by Mant72 »

wolfpack wrote:if you see the first code, respond with the second. also there is a 2 after the second code, i think that means do it 2 times. I expect then you will see the 3rd code.
Yes, I am for this.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Urson »

OK- where are we setting up the ambush?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#140 Post by Mant72 »

Perhaps this is asking a lot, but maybe Jonas could capsize the dingy before it can get back to the galley and drown the smugglers? He could then bring the dingy ashore where we could make plans from there. Just a thought...

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”