OOC Lounge

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Lounge

#141 Post by Tamerlaine »

Jack wrote:Hailey, where do you want Leaf to walk and watch? Being a missile expert, behind Duin and see if they can do a Legolas/Gimli, or away from Duin but still back enough to get several arrows off before melee? If she's stealthy, always with Alastiar going from the back outdoors, to the front indoors?
Outside, in wooded areas Leaf would like to be out in front ahead of the group much like a scout. In open areas, plains/meadows/fields, she would like to be at the back.

Indoors, she could come behind Alistair and provide cover as needed.

As for the watch, Dad says elves don't need sleep so I'm happy to take over the whole watch if everyone is cool with that, or you can split up the watch rotation and have Leaf with one other character per shift. Say...

Double watches:
1. Leaf + Duin
2. Leaf + Alastair
3. Leaf + Alfri
4. Leaf + Sammy
5. Leaf + Daro

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#142 Post by Jack »

We can keep the following consistent order, just starting at different points for people in front/1st:
i Alastair
of Leaf
on Alfri
Sammy
w Daro
Duin

i means in front indoors
of means in front outdoors in forests/woods
on means in front outdoors non-forested/non-wooded
w means first double watch with Leaf

I've changed it so that Daro takes 1st double watch with Leaf because if he takes damage, he needs a full 8 hour rest to recuperate. Sammy takes last watch to possibly get a full 8 hours rest since he's the tank and will probably take the most damage.

mumble
Strider
Strider

#143 Post by mumble »

Thanks, was just about to suggest Daro take first watch for those same reasons, plus getting sufficient rest to reset his spell(s).

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by Tamerlaine »

My apologies for not posting sooner. I've been going through the last gamut of tests and got my release to go back to work this coming Momday, shopping for new clothes for work (I lost a lot of weight) and helping Hailey with a school project. Its been a busy week.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#145 Post by Tamerlaine »

Tamerlaine wrote:We have another new player coming on board. I'd like to welcome Morgoth to the group here. Details are forthcoming...
Sorry guys, Morgoth is a no show. He hasn't logged in since our last communication over two weeks ago. I'll keep recruiting so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#146 Post by Tamerlaine »

Sorry guys, went back to work this past week after 3 months recuperation. Had, no...have a lot to catch up on with that. I'll be getting to our thing this weekend.

mumble
Strider
Strider

#147 Post by mumble »

Hi all

We lost internet connectivity about 3 weeks ago. Glad to see I haven't missed too much. Will catch up with what I did miss and have something posted by the end of the weekend hopefully.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by Tamerlaine »

Nice to have you back with us, mumble!

Please note I've included a little list of the characters and their hit points. I'm trying this thing out where if someone has taken damage, the new hp number will be reflected in red against their regular hit pot total. Helps me and hopefully will help you.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#149 Post by Jack »

I've updated a post because I mistook the first "1" of "11b" as a door in a western wall, and I mixed up Alfri's lamp and (Duin carrying?) Sammy's lantern.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by Tamerlaine »

With all that's been going on with multiple birthdays and Mother's Day, I won't be posting anything until Sunday evening (hopefully). Thought I'd jump in and let you guys know.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#151 Post by Jack »

Tamerlaine wrote:With all that's been going on with multiple birthdays and Mother's Day, I won't be posting anything until Sunday evening (hopefully). Thought I'd jump in and let you guys know.
No problem. Family is the priority, and we realize that the DM puts in an order of magnitude more work into the game than all the PCs combined.

The thing Alfri did with the torch was to see if the corridor south of 11b shatters anything moving north of it. Hopefully it doesn't just do that to living flesh, while ignoring wood and flame, because Alfri's gonna walk past it.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#152 Post by Jack »

Idea for corridors wide enough for two abreast:

At the front Duin (tank, melee) + Alastair (recon/traps/doors, arrows).
Sammy (tank, darts over Duin's head, then melee with polearm thru 1st row) + Leaf (tank, arrows over Alastair's head, nimble, so taking Alastair's place up front if he takes any damage and probably going melee).

Daro (long distance magic) + Alfri (tankish, protecting the rear, going up front if the tanks take too much damage).

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#153 Post by Tamerlaine »

Want to hear your suggestions for Crits and Fumbles before I house rule it. Tell me your thoughts.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#154 Post by Jack »

Tamerlaine wrote:Want to hear your suggestions for Crits and Fumbles before I house rule it. Tell me your thoughts.
20s: hits, "Roll all of the attack's damage dice twice and add them together. Then add any relevant modifiers as normal." (5e).

1s: misses in a funny way?

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#155 Post by Jack »

Can a polearm be used to hit with the blunt neck instead of the blades, making it give damage like a blunt staff?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#156 Post by Tamerlaine »

It has been five days since I lasted posted and it involves a fight scene with several skeletons requiring the quick input of the players. Only jack has replied with his characters’ actions.

SterlingBlake last posted on the 17th. Mumble last posted on the 8th. I can’t help but feel a certain level of apathy now. I understand that happens with the PbP format. However, I know I’ve asked that everyone post in every couple of days and with one player posting, the group game isn’t working.

I’ve got other things to do with my limited time so I’m calling this game dead.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#157 Post by Jack »

Thanks for DMing Tamerlaine. This game gave me enough of a feel for DnD to sign up for some face-to-face one-shots at an upcoming convention. I've also found someone here at Unseen who may DM a game of Firefly which looks like fun.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#158 Post by Tamerlaine »

Glad to hear it jack. I appreciated your participation in our game.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#159 Post by SterlingBlake »

Hey guys, sorry I went missing on you a while there! I've been getting ready to sell my house this summer and all of a sudden had someone interested in buying it before I'd even listed. It's been hectic ever since with workers and lawyers and lots to do. Anyway, my apologies!!

I enjoyed the game very much for the months it lasted. It was fun to check out S&W. The experience had me pulling old rulebooks out of boxes that haven't been unpacked for a few moves and comparing the various editions of D&D and other games. I'm sorry to see this one die and especially to be partly responsible for that.

Thanks very much for the game, Dave.

Best regards,
Sterling

Return to “Keep of Shadows (S&W Core)”