Just an off the wall crazy idea

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Just an off the wall crazy idea

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

but to make it easier on ToniXX would it be overly complicated to have a transfer character to another player option for those of us that stay but drop from a game and someone else picks up our character? I might be one of the only odd players that this would be a scenario for but just wasn't sure if it was overly complicated to do.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Just an off the wall crazy idea

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Ed, maybe I'm not positive what you're looking to have done, but I do see this: Transferring a character from one campaign to another

I know I've taken (and handed) over control of a character or two and don't remember needing to do anything formal to accomplish it. In the forums, I just started posting as the new character. In the die roller, I just created a new character and linked it to the new campaign.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

nope this would be you make a character then end up leaving because you don't have tome or you are in too many games or something comes up and you just cannot play. Then the DM says calling all players we need you to take over this other person's character. The new player of that character then needs to either recreate the sheet in the roller or someone contacts ToniXX to have it transferred from one account to the other on the roller.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:The new player of that character then needs to either recreate the sheet in the roller or someone contacts ToniXX to have it transferred from one account to the other on the roller.
Ahh. I was confused until this point. You're talking about an already created character using the "Char Sheet" functionality in the die roller. I almost exclusively use text based character sheets so I failed to consider that. I get what you're saying, though.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:The new player of that character then needs to either recreate the sheet in the roller or someone contacts ToniXX to have it transferred from one account to the other on the roller.
Ahh. I was confused until this point. You're talking about an already created character using the "Char Sheet" functionality in the die roller. I almost exclusively use text based character sheets so I failed to consider that. I get what you're saying, though.
;)

Return to “Suggestions”