Time to clean up old games from list?

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

Time to clean up old games from list?

#1 Post by MrHemlocks »

There are a hand full of games, including a couple I was in, that seem to have died. No post or other activity in over one month. Maybe it is time to go over the PBP list and place these within the archives? Spring cleaning... ;)
Last edited by MrHemlocks on Mon May 19, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Time to clean up old games from list?

#2 Post by Alethan »

Thanks for the suggestion! We constantly monitor for this and already have policies in place for handling such things.

We'll see about getting some of them cleared out shortly, though.

Thanks!

Al
Site Moderator
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by saalaria »

Hi Mods
You can archive Rot World and Eye of Serpent at least - these have both finished ( I was in them).

I am sure there are a few others that have not been updated for a while

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by ToniXX »

saalaria wrote:Hi Mods
You can archive Rot World and Eye of Serpent at least - these have both finished ( I was in them).

I am sure there are a few others that have not been updated for a while
Thanks for letting us know about this. These have been moved to the completed section.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by hedgeknight »

There's still about a dozen games that haven't had any activity since May...and as far back as January.
I know it's probably not a priority on your list of site maintenance things to do, but just saying. ;)
Winter is coming...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

I keep hoping that Magnus will show up and get his Against the Giants game going again, but it's been over a month now since he's updated the game. :(

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:There's still about a dozen games that haven't had any activity since May...and as far back as January.
I know it's probably not a priority on your list of site maintenance things to do, but just saying. ;)
Believe it or not, we are actually on top of this most of the time.

In at least one case, the game thread has remained because that GM wants to ramp it back up in the very near future.

In several cases, I've sent PMs to the GM and am waiting for a reply before we move the game to the Inactive Games folder. I try to give them a week or so to answer, as a general courtesy.

Some of those games will rarely (or never) have any posts on them. The GM is using the game thread to keep track of information for either a FTF or some sort of web chat or video session-based game. These were OK'd by the forum Administrator before they were made.

Al
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Zhym »

Alethan wrote:Some of those games will rarely (or never) have any posts on them. The GM is using the game thread to keep track of information for either a FTF or some sort of web chat or video session-based game. These were OK'd by the forum Administrator before they were made.
ToniXX was talking at one point about splitting up the active campaigns into subforums by type of game. Would it make sense to put the games that are mostly for GM tracking into a parent forum?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Norjax »

Zhym wrote:
Alethan wrote:Some of those games will rarely (or never) have any posts on them. The GM is using the game thread to keep track of information for either a FTF or some sort of web chat or video session-based game. These were OK'd by the forum Administrator before they were made.
ToniXX was talking at one point about splitting up the active campaigns into subforums by type of game. Would it make sense to put the games that are mostly for GM tracking into a parent forum?
Good idea. We could at least start with this one forum for "GM tracking".

The other game-type forum division might take more discussion.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I notice the games being reallocated pretty regularly. Thanks moderators!

If you could put the unused or rarely used games in a separate spot (like Zhym said) maybe you wouldn't need to worry about splitting the rest of the games into separate categories.

Personally, I like the ease of the current "all in one place" system.

Return to “Suggestions”